Hols

All the best, time with family is very precious.

My wife and I living remote and 3000 to 6000 kilometres from the vast majority of our families, have found this very difficult.

Regards Tony

All the best, time with family is very precious.

My wife and I living remote and 3000 to 6000 kilometres from the vast majority of our families, have found this very difficult.

Regards Tony
My parents raised us almost 3000 miles from their brothers and sisters...we drove back every couple years to see them..and in the process got to see everything in between

My parents raised us almost 3000 miles from their brothers and sisters...we drove back every couple years to see them..and in the process got to see everything in between
Unfortunately the costs to do that have become very prohibitive, also my wife loves pets, it's hard to find pet sitters in a remote community.

Regards Tony

Unfortunately the costs to do that have become very prohibitive, also my wife loves pets, it's hard to find pet sitters in a remote community.

Regards Tony
Totally and holidays and travel are the reason I don't have pets! Idk how my parents managed it. Camping and avoiding restaurants and hotels is what I learned and still do to get around.

Totally and holidays and travel are the reason I don't have pets! Idk how my parents managed it. Camping and avoiding restaurants and hotels is what I learned and still do to get around.
That is how we did it, I set our vehicle up to be self sufficient and in Australia there are many remote camping possibilities, camping is no longer an option though, I could, wife is not able to.

All the best, Regards Tony

Has anyone heard from Thomas? I see he's been away a good while longer than a week long vacation.
Hi @juantoo3

I do have his email address but would prefer not to contact him privately unless some sort of crisis arises that requires his attention here?

No emergency, just concern.
Understood. But members sometimes get annoyed by email queries, if they're just choosing to stay away for a while?

Last edited:
... three ... two ... one, and back in the room.

Well, that was a barrel of laughs ... apart from nearly getting taken out – with wife, daughter and grandson, by one of three boy racers on a 3.00am charge through London – 'my' one appeared at some speed on my side of the road as we crossed a bridge; he actually drove over a traffic island and narrowly missed a post to avoid collision. Lord knows how his tyres survived.

British passport holders queue for over an hour at Majorca airport to go through controls – whereas I, with an EU-valid Irish passport, breezed through an empty hall. Clearly European destinations see no need to employ extra staff to meet UK demands with regard to border controls – I think they see it as a 'you brought this on yourselves' scenario, and I quite agree.

My only delay was a replacement hip triggering the body-scanners.

Then, second day in, I got covid ...

Hey-ho ... all that aside, a family gathering with She and me, daughters, their hubbies, and their kids ...

+++

Home to various domestic necessities, grand-child sitting, etc., etc

Well, that was a barrel of laughs ... apart from nearly getting taken out – with wife, daughter and grandson, by one of three boy racers on a 3.00am charge through London – 'my' one appeared at some speed on my side of the road as we crossed a bridge; he actually drove over a traffic island and narrowly missed a post to avoid collision. Lord knows how his tyres survived.

British passport holders queue for over an hour at Majorca airport to go through controls – whereas I, with an EU-valid Irish passport, breezed through an empty hall. Clearly European destinations see no need to employ extra staff to meet UK demands with regard to border controls – I think they see it as a 'you brought this on yourselves' scenario, and I quite agree.

Hey-ho ... all that aside, a family gathering with She and me, daughters, their hubbies, and their kids ...

+++

Good to hear from you again, after your anything but restful 'Hols' 😖

Last edited:

+++

I hope that you don't get "long COVID".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I hope that you don't get "long COVID".
So do I ... noticed a decease in respiratory ability – out of breath quicker, we have a 3-storey house so plenty of stairs, which is great exercise for the (replaced) hip, but I've noticed more of an effort since returning home ... but it could be an over-reaction on my part.

Inspirators....they help build capacity...

I keep working to get stronger since my debacle...I ain't close to back where I was prior...but then again...I am almost 6 years older.

We (many of us) are at the age of delaying the inevitable.....let us rejoice and be glad in it....we are here....gotta love it!

Back