Respectful dialogue about Jesus.

Malakhi

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post on this website, I am interested in having a respectful dialogue with any who oppose the idea that Jesus is the anointed messiah prophesied about in the tanakh. If you are interested please reply and I would love to chat with you and please let’s remain as friendly as possible.

Just to offer some info about my own position, I grew up in a Christian home but at the age of 11-13 or so I began to doubt the beliefs I was raised under because it quite frankly seemed like a bunch of fairytales to me. But after looking to the world for answers I came to the conclusion at the age of 15-16 that this world does not have all of the answers and that we are much smaller than we like to think. I was open again to the possibility of God. I began to go to church and really only kept going because of girls. I began to read the Bible more, mostly the proverbs of Solomon. One night as I was showering I prayed that God would give me wisdom, and I asked in absolute desperation because I knew that I was going to screw my life up if I did not receive wisdom from him. That night I had a dream in which God spoke to me clearly. As soon as the dream began, I saw golden letters which filled my vision, and I heard a voice that really wasn’t much of a voice but rather a loud and powerful explosion which carried direct meaning that I was able to understand as a specific sentence. It said “if you want wisdom, follow me.”
And so as soon as the voice stopped speaking I woke up and knew without a doubt that it was God who had spoken to me. I knew it was Jesus of Nazareth that had spoken to me, I didn’t ask, he didn’t tell, I just knew. From that day I have been searching the scriptures to learn how to follow Jesus and to be obedient to him, and I am 20 years old today so I’ve only been on this journey for about 3 years since I heard his voice. Since that time he has revealed much to me, through his word and through meditation of his word. One thing that I have done to understand his word is to listen to a book of the Bible on repeat for an entire day and do that for multiple days. Then I will also pray and seek him out in the wilderness. I know nothing, that is one of the biggest things I’ve learned. I know nothing, except what he has told me, and I trust his words more than I trust my sight. I desire to know him more than I desire to live. That being said, I am awful at fasting. Most I’ve ever fasted was one day. I am weak in that area. Anyway, that is my position. I am interested to learn about you and your thoughts on Jesus. Thank you for your time.

Hello this is my first post on this website, I am interested in having a respectful dialogue with any who oppose the idea that Jesus is the anointed messiah prophesied about in the tanakh. If you are interested please reply and I would love to chat with you and please let’s remain as friendly as possible.

Just to offer some info about my own position, I grew up in a Christian home but at the age of 11-13 or so I began to doubt the beliefs I was raised under because it quite frankly seemed like a bunch of fairytales to me. But after looking to the world for answers I came to the conclusion at the age of 15-16 that this world does not have all of the answers and that we are much smaller than we like to think. I was open again to the possibility of God. I began to go to church and really only kept going because of girls. I began to read the Bible more, mostly the proverbs of Solomon. One night as I was showering I prayed that God would give me wisdom, and I asked in absolute desperation because I knew that I was going to screw my life up if I did not receive wisdom from him. That night I had a dream in which God spoke to me clearly. As soon as the dream began, I saw golden letters which filled my vision, and I heard a voice that really wasn’t much of a voice but rather a loud and powerful explosion which carried direct meaning that I was able to understand as a specific sentence. It said “if you want wisdom, follow me.”
And so as soon as the voice stopped speaking I woke up and knew without a doubt that it was God who had spoken to me. I knew it was Jesus of Nazareth that had spoken to me, I didn’t ask, he didn’t tell, I just knew. From that day I have been searching the scriptures to learn how to follow Jesus and to be obedient to him, and I am 20 years old today so I’ve only been on this journey for about 3 years since I heard his voice. Since that time he has revealed much to me, through his word and through meditation of his word. One thing that I have done to understand his word is to listen to a book of the Bible on repeat for an entire day and do that for multiple days. Then I will also pray and seek him out in the wilderness. I know nothing, that is one of the biggest things I’ve learned. I know nothing, except what he has told me, and I trust his words more than I trust my sight. I desire to know him more than I desire to live. That being said, I am awful at fasting. Most I’ve ever fasted was one day. I am weak in that area. Anyway, that is my position. I am interested to learn about you and your thoughts on Jesus. Thank you for your time.
You are blessed! Fasting is to say no to the flesh. Romans 8 speaks about this.

I am interested in having a respectful dialogue with any who oppose the idea that Jesus is the anointed messiah prophesied about in the tanakh. If you are interested please reply and I would love to chat with you and please let’s remain as friendly as possible
In my mind, people that believe this are called Christians.

.is there a particular reason you have posted this under Judaism?

@Malakhi -

I am a Jew and a rabbi. A more neutral and more accurate description of my position would be say that I reject the premise that Jesus was/is the Messiah. That said, I have no intention and absolutely no desire to engage in a discussion about that. Too many Christians and non-Christians, myself included, have gone down that rabbit hole over the past 2,000 years.

I can refer you to Jewish sources if you like.

In my mind, people that believe this are called Christians.

.is there a particular reason you have posted this under Judaism?
Yes sir, I want to engage in a conversation with Jewish people who love God and are devoted to him because I am very passionate about God and interested in the tanakh. I hold the position, however, that Jesus is the messiah, which the Jews oppose. If anyone is interested in talking about these things with me I would love to do so, that is why I posted it in Judaism specifically. I’m looking to interact with Jews, only if they desire to do so of course. I hope I have not upset you, I don’t want to cause any disturbance or issues, simply to have a fun conversation about beliefs.

@Malakhi -

I am a Jew and a rabbi. A more neutral and more accurate description of my position would be say that I reject the premise that Jesus was/is the Messiah. That said, I have no intention and absolutely no desire to engage in a discussion about that. Too many Christians and non-Christians, myself included, have gone down that rabbit hole over the past 2,000 years.

I can refer you to Jewish sources if you like.
I understand, I will not bother you. Thank you for your time.

You are blessed! Fasting is to say no to the flesh. Romans 8 speaks about this.
Thank you for the encouragement and advice, it is thoroughly appreciated. If you want to chat I would love to, although I see that you already hold my own beliefs, but still I would love to talk if you are interested.

Went to church for the girls... nice!

Anyway, welcome to this forum. Hope you enjoy it here and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Desiring to discuss Jesus as the Jewish Messiah?

How do you do that without prosletizing?

Would you also like to speak with Muslims as to Mohamed being the final prophet and the Quran as the next revelation?

Can you understand the issue I see here?

Desiring to discuss Jesus as the Jewish Messiah?

How do you do that without prosletizing?

Would you also like to speak with Muslims as to Mohamed being the final prophet and the Quran as the next revelation?

Can you understand the issue I see here?
How about waiting to see what dialogue happens? It seems you are just jumping the gun and limiting the purpose of this interfaith forum.

How about waiting to see what dialogue happens? It seems you are just jumping the gun and limiting the purpose of this interfaith forum.
I don't know that there is going to be much dialogue. The OP's primary intent, it appears, is to engage with Jews on the subject of Jesus. I have excused myself from that endeavor although I might be drawn in if Judaism and/or Jews are misrepresented. The forum is not exactly overrun with Jews. In any event, and in the meantime, we can enjoy a favorite beverage while we wait to see if a dialogue does happen.

I can and will if that is what the op.actually wants.and jews respond.

True I am.prejudging the op...we.have seen messianic jews and jews for Jesus here before. They have always started with this respectful conversation posts which make the sceptic hairs stand up on my neck now.

I would love to be wrong.

I don't know that there is going to be much dialogue. The OP's primary intent, it appears, is to engage with Jews on the subject of Jesus. I have excused myself from that endeavor although I might be drawn in if Judaism and/or Jews are misrepresented. The forum is not exactly overrun with Jews. In any event, and in the meantime, we can enjoy a favorite beverage while we wait to see if a dialogue does happen.
I was hoping for random Jews to Google search and jump on the site just to reply to the OP that they do not believe Jesus is the Messiah. My favorite beverage is coffee.. ☕

I like you guys. I suppose since I made the post I could start, this is kind of long though so maybe you should select the text and have it read aloud. That being said, I hope my statement intrigues you and does not create any offense toward you:

So I hold this belief: the reason we sacrifice year after year and the reason why the high priest must offer sacrifices for his own sins first in order to enter the Holy of holies so that he can offer sacrifice for the sins of the people is this, God is showing us that these sacrifices are not sufficient because they must be offered year after year and therefore our consciences cannot be cleansed of sin by the blood of bulls and goats. In fact, we know that without the shedding of blood there is no covering of sins because if there were no sacrifice before the high priest entered, he would die and that’s why a rope needed to be tied around his foot. (Also, Adam and Eve needed the hide of an animal to cover up their nakedness, so the only way for them to be covered was the shedding of blood). God was showing that the true way into his presence had not yet been revealed and that someday he would make a new covenant which would give us a way into his presence (The days are coming when I will make a new covenant with my people Israel, not like the first one where I held them by the hand and led them out of Israel. They saw my works but their hearts kept going astray and they have not known my ways, therefore I swore on oath ‘they shall never enter into my rest’.) but God now has set up a new day to be faithful and obey, calling it ‘today’ where he says in Psalms “today if you hear his voice, do not harden your heart…’

Melchizedek was a priest to most high God, a king too, so he was a royal priest. Melchizedek means “king of righteousness” and he ruled over Salem which means “peace”

So the king of righteousness who rules over peace comes out to Abraham and gives him bread and wine and Abraham offers him a tenth of the plunder, and Melchizedek blesses Abraham. Surely the lesser is blessed by the greater, yes?

But years later God establishes law and therefore establishes a new priesthood, of the line of Levi, whom Aaron was descended from. Think to God speaking in Psalms in another place “the Lord has sworn an oath and shall not change his mind, you are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek”

So we know now both that God plans to establish a new covenant with a new priesthood therefore the law will change again as well. But he says “priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.”

So this will be a royal priest who lives forever.

Remember that God tells Moses when he is building the tabernacle “See to it that you create everything exactly as in the pattern shown to you on the mountain” so by this God is showing us that there exists a true and original tabernacle which God dwells in eternally in heaven, because the earthly one is a copy and is subject to destruction. So there is an eternal tabernacle where sacrifices may be made. This seems like the place that our coming eternal royal priest might have to offer sacrifice.

Now if the blood of bulls and goats does not cleanse us forever but is needed annually and needed to cover the sins not only of the people but of the high priest as well, then we logically need something of greater value, and we need it offered in the eternal and true tabernacle, and the only way one might get there is through leaving this world, so we would then need a high priest who is able to enter the heavenly tabernacle without having to sacrifice for himself so that he can enter into the true tabernacle in heaven where he cannot offer the blood of bulls and goats, so he must naturally offer his own blood, meaning he must be perfect. A high priest who is righteous, kind of like the royal priest Melchizedek who’s name means king of righteousness. And our eternal priest will be in the order of Melchizedek as we have seen already, so this royal high priest will offer his own innocent blood to enter the heavenly tabernacle and then make atonement for all of the sins of the people, therefore cleansing us forever and without need of annual reminder of our sins. Does this seem correct to you? I used only the Tanakh to provide scripture. Sorry if this is a bit jumbled.

We have a few existing threads on this already - hopefully one or more of those might help answer some of your questions:

We have a few existing threads on this already - hopefully one or more of those might help answer some of your questions:

Thank you I’m looking to speak with people actually, but I don’t want to bother any one who doesn’t want to so I wanted to make it clear that it’s for anyone interested. The last thing I want to do is be forceful or try to talk with someone who is not interested.

Thank you I’m looking to speak with people actually, but I don’t want to bother any one who doesn’t want to so I wanted to make it clear that it’s for anyone interested. The last thing I want to do is be forceful or try to talk with someone who is not interested.
Here is a resource featuring a Rabbi discuss this topic often and thoroughly. And sometimes, ferociously

Back