Why would a God who is perfect create an imperfect world?

Why, still would God create a world where we experience so much pain frustration and misery. I am in one of the fortunate parts of the world where one can expect to be able to live quite a long time in good health. Of course, there are problems here but they are trivial compared to places where disease, starvation, cruelty, war, massacre, etc are commonplace. We may say that humans have had a hand in most misery but still, often the people who suffer most are not the ones who cause the suffering.

We can also look to angelic conflicts and fights that need to be faught, but that still leaves the question of a God who makes the rules in the first place,making them such that suffering (especially profound suffering that does not serve any usefull purpose) should be part of the plan.

I am of the mind that the word "perfection" is not even applicable when referring to God. Perfection implies a preconcieved idea or standard. Was there someone around to make such a standard before God came along?

So, if God is neither perfect nor imperfect by any standard worthy of him, then there is still the question of why all this misery, sin and so forth but; it is not a logical paradox anymore.

So, to address the "Why" of our even being capable of percieving the world as imperfect: It is one way and we can try to make it, or at least parts of it, more like something else hopefully better. Of course, wise people will us that the place to start world improvement is with our own hearts and minds.

Yes, the answer is simple.

Depend who is assuming that. If men do: that's true, it is perfect. But to God Himself?

Relativity.
(did you imagine that word:simple means relatively too?)

Nice to see there are so many Candides' out there in 'this best of all possible worlds'.

Tao_Equus said:
Nice to see there are so many Candides' out there in 'this best of all possible worlds'.

:)

Seriously, one resolution of the problem of evil I've seen is to understand "good and evil" not as properties of things but as relationships between things: i.e. that the only way we can ultimately say that something is "good" or "evil" is by comparing it to something else. Wikipedia has a brief synopsis here

The world is imperfect at the moment because God's creation isn't finished yet.
Wait a million years and you will see the difference.
I'm not joking. One million year is little compared to the age of the universe, and no time at all for God.
We're worrying about bad things because we see things with our limited understanding.

the world is not imperfect this world is the test for hereafter

Hi all,

the world is not imperfect this world is the test for hereafter

precisely Hunain...

We moved on from one world to another... starting from in the womb (to be simplistic) ... to this earth... into the grave and resurrected in the hereafter to enjoy or suffer the fruit of our labour on earth.

In fact GOD purposely make this world in this state for us to think made amendments, improvements, establishing friendship and make the world a better place (or worse). Through that and questioning ourself will we realise the existence of GOD/Allah. This also creates opportunity for us to help one another regardless of race or geographical boundaries. Isn't that in itself a miracle?

Another analogy, if you wanted to be a bodybuilder, you have to work hard working on the irons to yield the result. Similarly, the world is a test ground where everyone is continually tested and depending on the path they take will give them the equivalent reward in the afterlife. Everyone have to work our way to Heaven.

However, to do that we must be well equiped with the knowledge and this is where GOD/Allah 'prophets' comes in. They are sent to bring people back to the straight path.

Thus, I believe the above are some of the reason why God/Allah create an imperfect world.

Why did God create Moss (that green stuff that grows north of the rolling stone) and then tell the Isrealites through Moses in the 610 laws to wash Moss off from their homes if it grows there? Things in this world do take a natural course and don't always do what God intended them to do. Peace and Love, tommy

Back