How Come?

Cool. I think you're in a good spot. Just be careful when you start deciding who is Christian and who isn't and who is saved and who isn't. It's a dangerous spot to be.

didymus said:
I know for me that I have periods where my walk is very strong. When I really felt God for the first time I thought it would never end. During that time I judged alot of people because I could tell they weren't feeling it and taking it as seriously as I was. I spoke as you do and was upset with people for not walking the walk. Everybody gets their turn however. I have seen pastors fall off, church leaders fall off, you name it. The people that profess God the most and the most vocally are the ones you got to watch, those are the ones I've seen disappear more often than anybody. This thing aint easy.

I learned that I can't sum someone up by their current actions. It isn't that easy. I'll give you a word of advice, when you look at somebody and they way they are acting you don't always know what got them there or how long they'll be there either. The minute you put yourself above them God will touch them and you'll be eating crow. They may have been on fire just 6 months ago, maybe 2 years ago. The time will come when you will not feel God's presence as strongly. During this time you may have some folks looking at you goin', "what happened to conscience, that dude is straying, he aint walking the walk, he's a sinner. he just needs to know the Lord and get his butt to church." This can happen to anyone. During this time many fall away and stop doing the things that will get them back to that spot they were at with God before. Sometimes you can't do anything about it, you have to faithfully wait for God. It can be very trying, I know, I've been there.
these things are true didymus. i do know what you are saying. I think some of them on TV do this too..more like they run a traveling side show, but then there are some who really are trying there best & do love the Lord.

but you are correct, we have to keep close to Jesus & learn to rely on him all the way to the end. i feel bad for the ones who get a lashing everytime they go to church. it should not be that way.

Conscience said:
That said, the job of the Christian is to preach the word. Thats all we can do! Its not like we can save a person, right?
If you want to preach at other Christians, and tell the world that you're the only "real" Christian, then Geocities will let you open up a website for free to do it.

CR isn't a place to do it.

Christians are welcome to evangelise, share their experiences, discuss their outlook on faith - but being present simply to use CR as a personal soapbox will get you banned real quick.

So far you've showed a decent restraint - anybody can be forgiven a mistake mended. But you need to ask yourself whether your here because you want to tell other Christians how wrong they are - because if so you're in the wrong webspace. If you want to share faith with other Christians, because as a new Christian you want to maybe even learn something from the other Christians on this board, then maybe you'll fit in fine after all.

If you want to preach at other Christians, and tell the world that you're the only "real" Christian, then Geocities will let you open up a website for free to do it. CR isn't a place to do it.

If you want to speculate on what my intentions are, I'd suggest you think a lot longer than you have. You're missing a few things.

Christians are welcome to evangelise, share their experiences, discuss their outlook on faith - but being present simply to use CR as a personal soapbox will get you banned real quick.

Yeah, been there done that! And you know what? I STILL have NO idea why I was banned in the first place. I never once judged anyone, or said that people are wrong. I just gave my own opinion - much like what everyone else is doing.

So far you've showed a decent restraint - anybody can be forgiven a mistake mended. But you need to ask yourself whether your here because you want to tell other Christians how wrong they are - because if so you're in the wrong webspace. If you want to share faith with other Christians, because as a new Christian you want to maybe even learn something from the other Christians on this board, then maybe you'll fit in fine after all.

Im happy that you saw my effort. While I dont think I've done anything wrong to begin with, I have been trying extra hard to watch what I say. That said, I feel you on what you said here, thanks!

Later,

Conscience

Bandit said:
these things are true didymus. i do know what you are saying. I think some of them on TV do this too..more like they run a traveling side show, but then there are some who really are trying there best & do love the Lord.

but you are correct, we have to keep close to Jesus & learn to rely on him all the way to the end. i feel bad for the ones who get a lashing everytime they go to church. it should not be that way.

It's hard to be viewed as a true soul in Jesus when you talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Strange thing too is that when you are truly walking the walk, you don't have to talk as much.

You know what comes to my mind? Simon Peter.. He was always full of good intentions even though it was misplaced in many instances. He sort of bumbled along and many times Jesus had to redirect him. Guess what though.. Jesus loved him very much and understood where his heart was and patiently led him along.

Faithfulservant said:
You know what comes to my mind? Simon Peter.. He was always full of good intentions even though it was misplaced in many instances. He sort of bumbled along and many times Jesus had to redirect him. Guess what though.. Jesus loved him very much and understood where his heart was and patiently led him along.
Yes, bumper pool, or a pinball machine...;)

Now I think I know why Jesus told Peter to come to Him...to stop Peter from rocking the boat so damn hard.

v/r

Q

Back