Question:

C

Conscience

I've heard it said many times by people who are not Christians, talk about how Christians are hypocrates, and some of the worse human beings ever. Here's my question:

What is a True Christian, and how can we know the difference between the true Christian, and the false convert, who believes he knows Jesus?

Moved to Christianity from Belief & Spirituality, since it's purely Christian in nature...

Well, I never heard people say that christians are the worst people in the world but I have heard that they are hypocritical. Everyone is a hypocrate at times. A Christian is a follower of Christ. If you follow Jesus Christ you are a Christian. The problem is that people keep putting different spins on what it is to truly follow him.

Galatians, Chapter 5:

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and selfcontrol. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Abogado del Diablo,

I agree with you 100%! We will know them by their fruits Jesus said. So, if a true Christian has to have certain attributes, why does the world continue to call the false converts who bare NO Good fruit, Christians?

How come they reconize that apple seeds dont make peaches, but forget this same principles when reconizing Chrisitans?

Conscience said:
Abogado del Diablo,

I agree with you 100%! We will know them by their fruits Jesus said. So, if a true Christian has to have certain attributes, why does the world continue to call the false converts who bare NO Good fruit, Christians?

How come they reconize that apple seeds dont make peaches, but forget this same principles when reconizing Chrisitans?
A true Christian needs no attributes. A true Christian needs know he or she is safe in the arms of Jesus, whether the world observes it or not. After that, miracles start to happen...and the world is stunned, stymied, and aplomb.

In little ways and big ways, dependant upon the need at the time.

That is all that matters.

We can't put conditions upon what/who a Christian is, see? We will fall short every time.

Am I a Christian? No, I am a soldier, who happens to have accepted the Gift of Jesus, for me, and received Grace. In like manner I attempt to apply that same grace with others I deal with on a day to day basis.

The title "Christian" means nothing, but perhaps an ear/eye catcher, and then much scrutiny, in great detail. What a set up for a fall in the world's view...

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Am I a Christian? No, I am a soldier, who happens to have accepted the Gift of Jesus, for me, and received Grace. In like manner I attempt to apply that same grace with others I deal with on a day to day basis.
Beautifully said and I couldn't agree more. This is why I refer to myself as a follower of Christ and not a Christian. It isn't about religious affiliation. It's about faith and dutiful devotion to God, trying to follow Jesus the best that we can. The life of a follower of Christ will reflect the gospel of Christ, and so people will wonder at this and come to know God.

Kindest Regards!

I have known people of various denominations who have been good as people go, just as I have known people of various denominations who have not been good as people go. I have known people of faiths other than Christianity who have been good as people go, just as I have known people of faiths other than Christianity who have not been good as people go. Which is why I have come to two conclusions: God created everyone just the way He wanted them to be, with their cultures, languages and faiths; and it is not so much what we believe, as what we do with what we believe.

Quahom1 said:

v/r

Q

May I put in another "well said, Q."

lunamoth

Back