New Pope!!

miclason

miclason
Reaction score
we were tuned into the news, and we just heard: the new Pope has been elected!! (they haven't said who he is, yet!!)

miclason said:
we were tuned into the news, and we just heard: the new Pope has been elected!! (they haven't said who he is, yet!!)
I really hate when that happens...

Cardinal Ratzinger, the conservative German, who many thought was too hardline to be elected, is the new pope, Benedict XVI.

May God bless him, and may the prayers of people of all faiths support him, as he leads his faith's adherents into the third millenium

BluejayWay said:
Cardinal Ratzinger, the conservative German, who many thought was too hardline to be elected, is the new pope, Benedict XVI.

May God bless him, and may the prayers of people of all faiths support him, as he leads his faith's adherents into the third millenium
May he serve Jesus with humility...and the faithful with the same.

v/r

Q

Amen indeed! By the way, anyone ever hear of the St. Malachy prophecy, concerning all the popes?

That this one will be the last one?

What was the quatrain that went with the last Pope anyway??

Right, second to last. I wonder if this prophecy is true. I'll say one thing, it does seem to coninside with what is going on prophetically in the wold scene. This is especially true on the political fore front.

Ok, you folks made me go research it. To save other folks the Google...

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

Interesting... and updated very recently...

here's the data on the 3rd to last and the penultimate:
John Paul II (1978-2005) 110 De labore Solis
(of the eclipse of the sun, or from the labour of the sun)
Hist.: Karol Wojtyla was born on May 18, 1920 during a solar eclipse. He also comes from behind the former Iron Curtain (the East, where the Sun rises). He might also be seen to be the fruit of the intercession of the Woman Clothed with the Sun labouring in Revelation 12 (because of his devotion to the Virgin Mary). His Funeral occurred on 8 April, 2005 when there was a solar eclipse visible in the Americas.

267 ??? 111 Gloria olivæ
The Benedictine order traditionally said this Pope would come from their order.

Back