So, do you stone athiests to death here?

Jaiket

Token Atheist
Reaction score
I'm quite interested in religion, especially of late, so I've joined in the hope of learning. I'm particularly curious regarding the justifications of faith, whatever it may be.

And that's about it...

luna, what about that guy who was caught trying to steal Brian's emblazoned golden chalice of +3 ecumenism? Didn't we stone him? I think you're right though that we haven't stoned any atheists yet. I guess there's a first time for everything. Welcome to the board, Jaiket.

Dauer

shhhhh! I mean, oh right. No wait, I mean, oh never mind. Just don't let it slip about the sacred scrolls of virtual peace (oops, did I say that out loud?).

We don't stone Atheists here - but if Atheists they throw stones, they simply get thrown out. :)

Same with anyone here for stone-throwing, really.

Not keen at all on the signature wording, though - do I really need to set up a rule on that, or will the application of common sense prevail here? :)

I said:
We don't stone Atheists here - but if Atheists they throw stones, they simply get thrown out. :)

Same with anyone here for stone-throwing, really.
Good good. I always pursue respectfulness. Not always successfully, but usually.

I said:
Not keen at all on the signature wording, though - do I really need to set up a rule on that, or will the application of common sense prevail here? :)
If it bothers you I can change it. What is the problem exactly?

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

no i personally throw roses at them,
i cant live without a deity
cngrtlns )

-"For once I would like to hear you scream...in pain."
Simply that this line in the signature quote may be badly perceived in some instances.

I said:
Simply that this line in the signature quote may be badly perceived in some instances.
It's from The Last Boy Scout. If you read both lines together, it's a joke about rap music.

No matter where that signature line came from or context, its far removed from any humour. Its insenisitive and cruel and not worthy of CR.

I was an atheist myself until about a year ago, I swore I would never embrace any religion. I went from Outright Atheist to Practicing Buddhist in about a month.

Abogado del Diablo said:
It's from The Last Boy Scout. If you read both lines together, it's a joke about rap music.
It's simply because it would be easy to misconstrue - which may sound like a petty issue to raise, but I'msimply pointing out that in an environment like this,it's probably best to avoid possible misunderstandings where possible.

I remember on MSN I used to use the username "Brian the Messiah" in honour of Monty Python - but it did cause some offence among certain people, who alternatively witnessed at myself, or denounced me as the deveil, for use of the name.

I said:
It's simply because it would be easy to misconstrue - which may sound like a petty issue to raise, but I'msimply pointing out that in an environment like this,it's probably best to avoid possible misunderstandings where possible.

I remember on MSN I used to use the username "Brian the Messiah" in honour of Monty Python - but it did cause some offence among certain people, who alternatively witnessed at myself, or denounced me as the deveil, for use of the name.
Okay. I can see that. It's not funny enough to risk offending someone over.

Oh--has anyone ever been snowballed to death? (Or is there some hidden meaning there that I should be embarrassed about?)

Welcome to CR!

Jaiket,
Thank you for the change in signature.
Snowballs melt gently back into the source of their arising.
Welcome to CR.

Okay--you know what? I am just going to go back to the lounge and try to figure this posting thing out. Don't know how I missed the rest of this conversation, but I did. Sorry, folks. (This is not the first time I have somehow done this.)

I see what the concern was now--
Anyway, welcome again, and I am going to go ask some posting questions.

InPeace
InLove

Many thanks for the change in signature - I'm not sure that people would find reference to snowballs offensive. :)

So,

No. We don't stone athiests to death here, but we do indeed stone bad signatures to death. ;) :D

Back