Questions ?

Mason said:
I have a better question...

Quote:
The Misbaha is an instrument designed to facilitate the remembrance of Allah Most High. Beyond being simply a means of keeping count of invocations, the use of the misbaha is the application of the age-old technique of using the hand to teach the heart. Physical, rhythmic and repetitive motion, coupled with the verbal remembrance, Dhikr has a deep, transformative resonance in the spirit.

I read this on a site thats sells prayer-beads:How important are these Beads, and what is their connection to Islam...?
Salaam
It is not from the origin of Islam , some Muslims influenced by eastern culture like Hindu , specially the Sufisem movements people and starting to use it to do verbal remembrance and to make Dhikr without muddling.

Ok, thanks Friend

I guess i'll read abit about that Dhikr then. ^_^

I still don't feel very clear about some things that may be affecting me soon, in some ways... I have asked a question that is similar to this one before.

What would respectful muslims think of Non-nude/clothed sculptures, maybe a woman with her head & arms uncovered? Would they consider viewing this to be sinful, as no (in western terms) private parts are revealed?

Mason said:
I have another question. This even seems a little silly to me but i really want to know, so here goes...

I am wondering what a muslim i supposed to do if it is time for afternoon prayer for instance and they are on an airliner,... as in they are in a cramped, un-private place and want to pray... how would they do it?

I will understand if i don't get an answer, maybe none of you have been on a plane. ^_^

Thanks
h| Mason,
Well, remember one thing that there is a time slot for each prayer... for some it is longer, for some it is short. For example, here.. for the afternoon prayer (called 'Asr), there are almost 3 hours to perform this prayer. Anyway, in general, the matter is as follows:
Praying in cars, planes, trains or other means of conveyance, where one cannot face the qiblah or pray standing, is not permissible in the case of obligatory prayers unless two conditions are met:

1 – There should be the fear that the time for the obligatory prayer will end before reaching your destination. But if you will reach your destination before the time for prayer is over, you should wait until you get there to pray.

2 – It should not be possible to get off and pray on the ground. If it is possible to do so then you must do that.

If these two conditions are met, then it is permissible to pray in the vehicle. The evidence for it being permissible to pray in this case is the general meaning of the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope” [Qur'an, 2:286]

“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can” [Qur'an, 64:16]

“and [Allaah] has not laid upon you in religion any hardship” [Qur'an, 22:78]

If it is said, If I am allowed to pray in these vehicles, should I face the qiblah and should I pray sitting even though I am able to stand? The answer is:​

If you are able to face the qiblah throughout the prayer, then you must do that, because it is a condition of an obligatory prayer being valid whether one is travelling or not.
If it is not possible to face the qiblah throughout the prayer, then fear Allaah as much as you can and do your best, because of the evidence narrated above. This has to do with obligatory prayers.
With regard to supererogatory (naafil) prayers, the matter is more relaxed; it is permissible for the Muslim to pray in the vehicles mentioned no matter what direction they are facing, even if he could get down on the ground at some times, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray naafil prayers on his mount no matter what direction it was facing. Jaabir narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “used to pray voluntary prayers when he was riding without facing the qiblah.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1094). But it is better to face the qiblah when starting to pray a naafil prayer, if that is possible when travelling. [See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/124]
With regard to offering obligatory prayers sitting down when one is able to stand, that is not permissible because of the general meaning of the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stand before Allaah with obedience” [Qur'an, 2:238]

and because of the hadeeth of ‘Imraan ibn Husayn, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Pray standing; if you cannot, then sitting; and if you cannot then lying on your side.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1117).
And Allaah is the Source of strength.​
[Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/126]
Hope this answered your question.

^_^ Yes, it does answer my question, well. Though it leaves me with more...

You said:
If you are able to face the qiblah throughout the prayer, then you must do that, because it is a condition of an obligatory prayer being valid whether one is travelling or not.
If it is not possible to face the qiblah throughout the prayer, then fear Allaah as much as you can and do your best, because of the evidence narrated above. This has to do with obligatory prayers.
The part that i have made 'bold',... What does this mean? Does it mean that Allah will punish someone who does not, even if it was not possible to face qiblah? It is worse to miss the prayer, i presume...?

I got this from an Islamic dictionary or something like that. >
Qiblah is the direction that Muslims face when they do their salat. It is in the direction of the Ka'bah in Mecca.

So qiblah is what muslims call this direction?

Mason said:
I have a better question...
I read this on a site thats sells prayer-beads:How important are these Beads, and what is their connection to Islam...?
H| Mason,
To make the matter short, Shiekh Saleh al-Munajjid said that:

Praise be to Allaah.
Some scholars say that it is permissible to use the masbahah, but they say that it is preferable to do tasbeeh on one’s fingers; others say that it is bid’ah (reprehensible innovation).
--------------------
Bottom line is that the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) was to do it with the fingers. The Messenger
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught that tasbeeh with the fingers is better, as he said, ‘Count with the fingertips, for they will be made to speak.’
What is more important is to have sincerity while remembering Allah the Almighty.
One of the most known examples of Dhikr (remembering Allah) is the following:
saying “Subhan Allah” (Glory to Allah) 33 times, “Al-Hamdulillah” (Praise to Allah) 33 times, “Allahu Akbar" (Allah is Greatest) 33 times, and saying “La illaha illa Allah” (There is no god but Allah), which completes the hundred words of Allah’s remembrance. This is the act a Muslim is urged to do right after prayer.
Hope this helped.
And Allah knows best.

Mason said:
^_^ Yes, it does answer my question, well. Though it leaves me with more...

You said:
The part that i have made 'bold',... What does this mean? Does it mean that Allah will punish someone who does not, even if it was not possible to face qiblah? It is worse to miss the prayer, i presume...?

I got this from an Islamic dictionary or something like that. >
Qiblah is the direction that Muslims face when they do their salat. It is in the direction of the Ka'bah in Mecca.

So qiblah is what muslims call this direction?
h|,
You have misunderstood.
The part you made bold is, as far as i can tell, a reference to the verse quoted above it i.e. 64:16. Yusuf Ali mentioned in his commentary that
"Fear Allah" combined with "as much as you can" obviously means: "lead lives of self-restraint and righteousness": the usual meaning of Taqwa.
Imam Ibn Katheer (May Allah be pleased with him) said regarding this verse:
(So have Taqwa of Allah as much as you can;) meaning, as much as you are able and can bear or endure.The Two Sahihs recorded that Abu Hurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him) said that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:
When I command you to do something, do as much as you can of it, and whatever I forbid for you, then avoid it.
------------------------
The arabic word used is a form of the word Taqwa in that verse. The meaning is quite wide and is often translated simply as fear, which is only a part of it and i find that most westerners misunderstand this, which is not really thier fault. It is simply not knowing the langauge. The word has in it the meanings of righteousness, God-consciousness and piety. Another definition you can find here:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary/term.TAQWA.html
Bottom line is one does what one can... which is what was just explained now and what the Shiekh explained before in my previous reply. Remember the other verse quoted:
“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope” [Qur'an, 2:286]
Imam Ibn Katheer (May Allah be pleased with him) said regarding this verse that: Allah does not ask a soul what is beyond its ability. This only demonstrates Allah's kindness, compassion and generosity towards His creation.
Yusuf Ali's Commentary says regarding this verse that:
Allah will accept from each soul just such duty as it has the ability to offer, we pray further on for the fulfillment of that promise.
-----------------
Dont forget that God is never unjust, not in the least bit.
So, be sincere & do what you are able to do.

yes, the definition of the Qiblah is correct. Yes, its what we call this direction.
Hope this helped.
And Allah knows best.

Mason said:
I still don't feel very clear about some things that may be affecting me soon, in some ways... I have asked a question that is similar to this one before.

What would respectful muslims think of Non-nude/clothed sculptures, maybe a woman with her head & arms uncovered? Would they consider viewing this to be sinful, as no (in western terms) private parts are revealed?
h| Mason,
Dont know the exact answer to your question but i know that it is forbidden to make statues (whether the statue is of a Muslim or a kaafir).
It is also known that we should lower our gaze when it comes to non-mahram women (i.e. women whom we are allowed to marry).
Can't find a ruling on this exact question. Now, since im no scholar... i cant give you one. Dont know for sure if its a sin or not but knowing those two things that i just mentioned & if someone offered to show me what you described, I would not consider viewing these statues... to be on the safe side cause its like a combination of two forbidden things, which is obviously worse than one forbidden thing.
Sorry, cant help more on this one.
And Allah knows best.

Oh thats funny, i was considering being a sculptor and to take farther art studies this year... If there's the possibility that i want to become a muslim, i guess i can't do that... |T_T| how saddening.

So, what is a kaafir?

And may i point out in post #67, that this:
"Fear Allah" combined with "as much as you can" obviously means: "lead lives of self-restraint and righteousness"
wasn't obvious to me, i still don't see how it is.

thipps said:
h| Mason,
Dont know the exact answer to your question but i know that it is forbidden to make statues (whether the statue is of a Muslim or a kaafir).
It is also known that we should lower our gaze when it comes to non-mahram women (i.e. women whom we are allowed to marry).
Can't find a ruling on this exact question. Now, since im no scholar... i cant give you one. Dont know for sure if its a sin or not but knowing those two things that i just mentioned & if someone offered to show me what you described, I would not consider viewing these statues... to be on the safe side cause its like a combination of two forbidden things, which is obviously worse than one forbidden thing.
Sorry, cant help more on this one.
And Allah knows best.
A Kaafir is a non-muslim right?

The word Kaafir coming from the word kufr, which means to cover up.

A kaafr is someone who covers up the truth, am I right?

I'm interested in the statues ruling...

Why exactly is it forbidden to make sculptures?

h| mason,

In the context of what was said, kaafir is a non-muslim. What was intended was that it doesnt matter who the statue/sculpture reperesents, its not allowed. See the following link for a definition of kaafir:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary/term.KAFIR.html

Fine, the meaning of having fear of Allah is not obvious to you. Knowledggable people have explained it as to what it means. Please read again what was explained and give it time to sink in. I can only restate what was said:
"O you who believe! Fear Allaah (by doing all that He has ordered and by abstaining from all that He has forbidden) as He should be feared. [Obey Him, be thankful to Him, and remember Him always], and die not except in a state of Islaam (as Muslims) with complete submission to Allaah." (Qur'an, 3:102)

So, do your best to do all that Allaah has ordered and abstain from all that He has forbidden.
Regarding your specific question of looking at statues & the example of the woman as you described her, i asked a learned person and he said that if these have the ability to excite the desire of the person looking at them, then it becomes unlawful for that person to view them.
Hope its clear now.
And Allaah knows best.

Gnostradamus said:
I'm interested in the statues ruling...
Why exactly is it forbidden to make sculptures?
H|,
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid gave the following details of the prohibition on the making of images and statues:
I. The prohibition on statues is not just the matter of fiqh [islamic jurisprudence]; it goes beyond that to the matter of ‘aqeedah [beliefs], because Allaah is the Only One Who has the power of giving shape to His creation and creating them in the best image. Making images implies that one is trying to match the creation of Allaah. The matter also has to do with ‘aqeedah when these images are taken as idols which are worshipped instead of Allaah.

Among the daleel (evidence) that image-making is the exclusive preserve of Allaah are the following:
1. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He wills” [Qur‘an, 3:6]

“And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, ‘Prostrate yourselves to Adam’” [Qur‘an,7:11]

“He is Allaah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All‑Mighty, the All‑Wise” [Qur‘an, 59:24]

“O man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the Most Generous? Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion. In whatever form He willed, He put you together.” [Qur‘an, 82:6-8]

These aayaat [verses] clearly state the belief that creating and giving form to creation is the preserve of their Lord, Creator and Fashioner, so it is not permissible for anyone to encroach on that and to try to match the creation of Allaah.

2. It was reported from ‘Aa’ishah Umm al-Mu’mineen that Umm Habeebah and Umm Salamah mentioned a church which they had seen in Ethiopia, in which there were images. They told the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about it, and he said: “Those people, if there was a righteous man among them and he died, they would build a place of worship over his grave and put images in it. These will be the most evil of creation before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection.” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, 417; Muslim, 528)

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said: This hadeeth indicates that making images is haraam [forbidden]. (Fath al-Baari, 1/525).

Al-Nawawi said:
Our companions and other scholars said: making images of animate beings is extremely haraam and is a major sin, because severe warnings have been issued against it in the ahaadeeth. Whether the image is made to be used in a disrespectful fashion or for other purposes, it is haraam to make it in all cases, because it implies that one is trying to match the creation of Allaah, whether the image is to appear on a garment, carpet, coin, vessel, wall or whatever. With regard to pictures of trees, camel saddles, and other pictures in which no animate beings appear, these are not haraam. This is the ruling on making images. (Sharh Muslim, 14/81).

3. Sa’eed ibn Abi’l-Hasan said: I was with Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) when a man came to him and said, O Abu ‘Abbaas, I am a man who lives by what his hands make, and I make these images. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: I will only tell you what I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say. I heard him say: “Whoever makes an image, Allaah will punish him until he breathes life into it, and he will never be able to do that.” The man became very upset and his face turned pale, so [Ibn ‘Abbaas] said to him, Woe to you! If you insist on making images, then make images of these trees and everything that does not have a soul. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2112; Muslim, 2110).

4. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: The people who will be the most severely punished before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image makers. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5606; Muslim, 2109).

5. It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Those who make these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection. It will be said to them, Give life to that which you have created! (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5607; Muslim, 2108).

6. It was reported that Abu Hurayrah entered a house in Madeenah and saw somebody making images in it. He said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: [Allaah says:] Who does greater wrong than one who goes and creates something like My creation? Let them create a seed or a small ant! (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5609; Muslim, 2111).

Al-Nawawi said:
Concerning the words of Allaah. “Let them create a small ant or a seed or a grain of barley!” means, let them create a small ant which has a soul and moves by itself, like this small ant which was created by Allaah. Or let them create a grain of wheat or barley, i.e., let them create a grain which is eaten as food or which can be planted so it will grow and which has the characteristics of a grain of wheat or barley or other seeds which were created by Allaah. This is impossible, as stated above. (Sharh Muslim, 14/90). None can bring forth living vegetation out of nothing except Allaah, may He be glorified.

7. Abu Juhayfah said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the price of a dog and the price of blood, and he forbade tattooing and asking to be tattooed, and the consumption or paying of ribaa, and he cursed those who make images. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1980).

II. Islam prescribes that idols should be destroyed and smashed, not made and repaired. Among the evidence for this is the following:
1. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered Makkah [at the Conquest], there were three hundred and sixty idols around the Ka’bah. He started hitting them with his stick and saying, “Truth has come and Baatil (falsehood) has vanished. Surely, Baatil is ever bound to vanish” [al-Israa’ 17:81 – interpretation of the meaning]. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2346; Muslim, 1781).

2. Abu’l-Hiyaaj al-Asadi said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to me: Shall I not send you on the same basis as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any statue without destroying it, and do not leave any built-up grave without razing it to the ground. (According to one report: and do not leave any picture without erasing it). (narrated by Muslim, 969).

Ibn al-Qayyim said: Tamaatheel is the plural of Timthaal (statue), which refers to a representative image.

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said: The command is to destroy two types of images: images which represent the deceased person, and images which are placed on top of graves – because Shirk[1] may come about from both types. (Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, 17/462).
(al-Fawaa’id, p. 196).

III.The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against bringing images into the house, and said that this is a sin and deprives a person of good. Among the evidence for that is the following:
1. Abu Talhah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or statues.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3053; Muslim, 2106).

2. ‘Aa’ishah Umm al-Mu’mineen (may Allaah be pleased with her) said that she bought a pillow on which there were images. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it, he stood at the door and did not enter. She saw on his face that he was upset, and said: O Messenger of Allaah, I repent to Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). What is my sin? The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: What is this pillow? She said, I bought it for you so that you could sit on it and recline on it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: On the Day of Resurrection, the makers of these images will be punished and it will be said to them, Give life to that which you have created. And he said: The angels do not enter a house in which there are images.(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1999; Muslim, 2107).

IV. Making images is a way of falling into Shirk, because Shirk starts with the veneration of those who are depicted in the images, especially when people have little or no knowledge. The evidence for this is:
Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The idols of the people of Nooh were known among the Arabs later on. Wadd belonged to (the tribe of) Kalb in Dawmat al-Jandal. Suwaa’ belonged to Hudhayl. Yaghooth belonged to Muraad, then to Bani Ghutayf in al-Jawf, near Sabaa’. Ya’ooq belonged to Hamadaan. Nasar belonged to Humayr of Aal Dhi’l-Kalaa’. These were names of righteous men from the people of Nooh. When they died, the Shaytaan [Satan] inspired their people to set up idols in the places where they had used to sit, and to call those idols by their names. They did that but they did not worship them, but after those people died and knowledge had been forgotten, then they started to worship them. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4636).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The reason why al-Laat [2] was worshipped was the veneration of the grave of a righteous man which was there.(Iqtidaa’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, 2/333).

And he said: This problem – i.e., veneration – which is why Islam forbids (images), is the reason why so many of nations have fallen into committing Shirk to a greater or lesser degree.(al-Iqtidaa’, 2/334).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, describing how the Shaytaan plays with the Christians:

He plays with them with regard to the images which they have in their churches and which they worship. You cannot find any church which is free of these images of Maryam (Mary), the Messiah, George, Peter and others of their saints and martyrs. Most of them bow to these images and pray to them instead of to Allaah. The Patriarch of Alexandria even wrote a letter to the ruler of Rome supporting the idea of bowing to these images: (he said) Allaah commanded Moosa to make images of cherubim in the Tabernacle; and when Sulayman the son of Dawood built the Temple, he made images of cherubim and put them inside the Temple. Then he said in his letter: this is like when a king sends a letter to one of his governors and the governor takes the letter and kisses it then touches it to his forehead [a sign of respect], and stands up to receive it. He does not do this to venerate the paper and ink, but to venerate the king. In the same way, when one bows to an image, it is to venerate the person represented by the image, not to venerate the paints and colours.

This is exactly the same as the example given to justify idol worship. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 2/292).

And he said: In most cases, the reason why nations fall into Shirk is because of images and graves.” (Zaad al-Ma’aad, 3/458).

V. The aayaat and ahaadeeth quoted above indicate that the prohibition of images is for the following reasons:
The first is: because it implies that one is trying to match the creation of Allaah.

The second is: because it is an imitation of the kuffaar.
The third is: because it is a means of veneration and falling into Shirk.

From the above it is clear that it is forbidden to make statues, whether the statue is of a Muslim or a kaafir. Whoever does that is trying to match the creation of Allaah and thus deserves to be cursed. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound, and to guide us. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary/term.SHIRK.html
[2] An idol worshipped in pre-islamic times by the Arabs

----------------
Hope this clears it up.
And Allah knows best.

Mason said:
Oh thats funny, i was considering being a sculptor and to take farther art studies this year... If there's the possibility that i want to become a muslim, i guess i can't do that... |T_T| how saddening.
Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better. We ask Allaah to make you strong and grant you a good life in this world and in the Hereafter

thipps said:
The first is: because it implies that one is trying to match the creation of Allaah.

The second is: because it is an imitation of the kuffaar.
The third is: because it is a means of veneration and falling into Shirk.

Personally I don't believe that God would be so vain as to worry about a lowly human being able to sculpt a piece of rock into something that looks good.

I fail to see why God would give us an artistic ability if he didn't want us to use it, and we all know that no human could ever match God's creative power.

The second reason about imitating the kuffaar is a comical reason in my honest opinion. Did you know that the kuffaar get married, the kuffaar pray, the kuffaar fast, the kuffaar wash, the kuffaar study, etc. Would you avoid any of these things so as not to imitate us?

The last reason is the one that makes the most sense, but other religions have done just fine by allowing statues but prohibiting the worship of them.

What do you think?

Do I have a point or am I just being an ignorant kaafir?

thipps said:
Regarding your specific question of looking at statues & the example of the woman as you described her, i asked a learned person and he said that if these have the ability to excite the desire of the person looking at them, then it becomes unlawful for that person to view them.
Hope its clear now.
Yes, crystal clear...

Ty ^_^

Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better. We ask Allaah to make you strong and grant you a good life in this world and in the Hereafter
Oh, thats really very nice ^_^, thank you. But at the moment i'm considering heavily about stopping my studying of Islam. I feel like i've been battered and bruised at the moment, this decision to stop or carry on is really making me sick. It seems i look one way (away from Islam) and the grass looks greener & then someone goes and says something like you did above and its the opposite way round. I tried writing the good points and the bad in a comparative way but it seemed very even. I just don't know if i can cope, especially with my brother making fun of me about it, i really don't know how he thinks he knows.

I don't have a clue what your going to say after this reply,... but i just don't want to make the wrong decision and destroy my life in the process.

I have questions. I found this on another forum. I was wondering if any moslems was able to respond to any of the points raised by the author?
[Material deleted due to inappropriateness of text as well as mass copy-paste]
Thank you in advance.

Note from Admin: First of all, this is not the place for this type of thing... try posting it in the comparative religion section. Second, if you really had to do it, how about not this mass copy-paste cause you're literally hijacking the post which is not concerned with what you are asking. Should have made a new post if at all & change the language so that it is in an appropriate form; otherwise, it will go out the window as well. Third, your nick "The Apostate" is not helping you considering the material.
We encourage asking any question about any topic BUT there is a right way to ask the question and there is a wrong way. Choose the right way & inshallah we will do our best to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

This answer for all here , and not for the person above who came here for a certain reason .... many things he asked about here are explained in another threads , and some people whom want to do the forbidden things in Islam searched about any thing as arguments to be free to do what their self want them to do .some points mentioned above have certain story ...and some of them explained in another directions...in Arabic language their is some times meaning behind the words ( not the direct meaning ).

Islam permits Pedophilia - Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234/236

* Islam permits the rape of female captives - see next point

* Islam permits adultery with married female captives - Qur'an, Surah 4:24
First of All you take what you want out of context , When Islam came people at that time usually did that ...after Islam came the situation be different and Allah started to sent teachings to that people to change their habits :
see what Allah (SWT) said in the same Sura with it's context 4, 23,24,25):

23] Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone, no prohibition if ye have not gone in; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

24] Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: thus hath Allah ordained (prohibitions) against you: except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek (them in marriage) with gifts from your property, desiring chastity, not lust. Seeing that ye derive benefit from them, give them their dowers (at least) as prescribed; but if, after a dower is prescribed, ye agree mutually (to vary it), there is no blame on you, and Allah is All-Knowing All-Wise.

25] If any of you have not the means wherewith to wed free believing women, they may wed believing girls from among those whom your right hands possess: and Allah hath full knowledge about your faith. Ye are one from another: wed them with the leave of their owners, and give them their dowers, according to what is reasonable: they should be chaste, not lustful, nor taking paramours: when they are taken in wedlock, if they fall into shame, their punishment is half that for free women. This (permission) is for those among you who fear sin; but is better for you that ye practise self-restraint. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Notes : This verse came to correct what some Muslims done without knowing the new command From Allah ...to explain for them that they must respect those women and treat them well .

they may wed believing girls : At that time they have slaves and Islam told them to deal with them as human ( Islam get red of this traditions step by step )

When I have a time I will be returned .

I have questions. I found this on another forum. I was wondering if any moslems was able to respond to any of the points raised by the author?

Thank you in advance.

I have been a Muslim and this is why Islam is not acceptable to me...

* Islam permits Pedophilia - Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234/236

* Islam permits the rape of female captives - see next point

* Islam permits adultery with married female captives - Qur'an, Surah 4:24

(See what the Bible says about this in Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 20:10)

* Islam permits lying to spread the religion - Bukhari Volume 3, Book 49, Number 857

* Islam permits lying to your wife - Muslim Book 032, Number 6303

(See what the Bible says about lying in John 8:44)

* Islam recommends the beating of women - Qur'an, Surah 4:34

* Islam encourages anti-semitism - Obvious to anyone who studies Islam.

* Islam encourages superstition - Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 649

(See what the Bible says about Omens in Deuteronomy 18:10)

* Islam commands the murder of apostates - Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260; Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 630; Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 632; Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 577; Bukhari Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17; Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57; Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 58; Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 64; Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 271.

* Muhammads Qur'an was corrected by a blind man - Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 512

* Islam teaches that God is a god of deception - Qur'an, Surah 4:157

* Muhammad desired the wife of his fellowman - Qur'an, Surah 33:37

(See what the Bible says about this in Exodus 20:17)

I have quoted parts of the Bible in this post, so if you reject these Biblical verses on the opinion that the Bible has been changed, I suggest you look up the following authentic Hadiths that confirm that the Qur'an has been changed;

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 57
Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 69
Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 85
Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 105
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 8
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 53
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 60
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 68
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 69
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 468
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 500
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 501
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 512
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 514
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 518
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 521
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 524
Bukhari Volume 8, Book 82, Number 816
Bukhari Volume 8, Book 82, Number 817
Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 424

Muslim Book 001, Number 0228
Muslim Book 005, Number 2282
Muslim Book 005, Number 2283
Muslim Book 005, Number 2284
Muslim Book 005, Number 2285
Muslim Book 005, Number 2286
Muslim Book 008, Number 3421
Muslim Book 008, Number 3422
Muslim Book 017, Number 4194

Hope this clears things up a bit, non-muslims fear these things much more than they would ever fear things like prayer, fasting, circumcision (which isn't compulsory for converts), culture change, family pressure (many of us already live with this), etc.

To read the Bukhari Hadiths for yourself; http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundame...sunnah/bukhari/
To read the Muslim Hadiths for yourself; http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundame...hsunnah/muslim/
First ever post and full of nuisance.Where did you get this material from?

In this age people try to fool anyone whom they think is naive.Those who try to fool others are infact fooling themselves.However,they can easily be caught because of their very low iq.On the other hand there are people's who have no idea what they are talking about.They live in a state of unconsciousness.They have a blind belief on their relatives.They can't think from themselves,their mind is degenereted.They believe in everything what is told to them.
ok now back to point.

The author of this article is the best example of degenerated low iq mind.

I will not discuss hadith,since Hadith is not a literal word of God and i am not a scholar.

Islam permits the rape of female captives
Islam permits adultery with married female captives - Qur'an, Surah 4:24
Here is 4:24

Also women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: Thus hath Allah ordained against you: Except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek with gifts from your property- desiring chastity, not lust, seeing that ye derive benefit from them, give them their dowers as prescribed but if after a dower is prescribed, agree Mutually, there is no blame on you, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
Now should I bother to explain it?.yes i should.

To understand this verse let's see verse 4:22 and 4:23

22. And marry not women whom your fathers married, except what has already passed; indeed it was shameful and most hateful, and an evil way.
Gives us an idea God is talking about marriage.

23.Prohibited to you are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters,brother's daughters, sister's daughters,foster-mothers, foster-sisters,your wives mothers,your step-daughters under your guardianship,born of your wives to whom ye have gone in - no prohibition if ye have not gone in,wives of your sons proceeding from your loins,and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Gives an idea with whom we can't marry.And finally 4:24

Also women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: Thus hath Allah ordained against you: Except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek with gifts from your property- desiring chastity, not lust, seeing that ye derive benefit from them, give them their dowers as prescribed but if after a dower is prescribed, agree Mutually, there is no blame on you, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
Here God says except those women discussed above,all other are permissible for married.

Now show me the word female captives in 4:24.
Now show me where does islam permits adultery with married female captives?.
I have been a Muslim and this is why Islam is not acceptable to me...
Am i supposed to laugh or cry now?.Why some people pretend to be muslim,I don't know.The person who doesnot know there is no word or nothing literally bout female captives in 4:24 can't be a muslim.Yet he wrote the whole article on his false belief.This show nothing then he is just a big hypocrite who is being paid.

Islam permits lying to spread the religion - Bukhari Volume 3, Book 49, Number 857
That's a lauging stuff.It was typical example of how people try to fool others.Let's see quotation of usc.edu recommended by the author.huh
Narrated Um Kulthum bint Uqba:

That she heard Allah's Apostle saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar.
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/049.sbt.html

Where the heck it says you can lie to spread religion?

The rest is all a crap like this.I don't have a time to waste by replying to funny senseless misquotation.If you have got the wrong translation it's your problem not mine.The correct quranic tranlsation are widely availabe from the internet.
In logic if one thing is proven wrong,you don't need to check other things.The people like you should be banned.

Attention Islam Haters:Get an IQ.

Back