Praying

thank you for this information on prayer! i find group prayer, whether in a house of worship or a private room, to be a very special experience. i've heard stories from Muslims feeling similar things in prayer with their brothers or sisters in faith.

:)

Wa'Alaikum salaam--
Peace to All Here--

It is so wonderful, this thread--

Threads can be a bit confusing, but even if I have posted here without knowing exactly where, I know that I am happy to post here anyway.

Yes, I am reminded of Abraham's prayers--the discussion between him and his God--if you can find this many people who are without sin, then spare us. His God says "Yes". But then Abraham thinks some more about people--can you forgive more of them. God says "Yes". And on some more...

Interesting and Amazing--this God...many people now and over time limit Him. He has no limits--even when we cannot include each other, He remembers us all.

No, we are not the same. But we are connected.:)

I rejoice.

InPeace
InLove

ISFP said:
thank you for this information on prayer! i find group prayer, whether in a house of worship or a private room, to be a very special experience. i've heard stories from Muslims feeling similar things in prayer with their brothers or sisters in faith.

:)

yes i feel the same ISFP. i have also found that praying in a group can bring someone to pray that may not pray on there own.

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
God asked Abraham to find 50 people and Abraham eventually got him down to 10.

yah. if i remember it right when he went to the city he found less than 10 people. i think it was just Lot & his family.

muslima said:
Why do u need a set of pattern and rigid timing to pray God why cant a person pray when ever he acknowledges Gods presence.One can think abt God more than 5 times why cant he pray when ever he wishes??
I would also like to knwo besides Quran ..is it mention in bible anywhere abt praying at specific time or such pattern.

i know Daniel prayed 3 times a day. i could be wrong but i dont think there is a set amount of times in the bible.
i think praying when we feel God presence is a good idea also.:)

Amica said:
Peace/Salaam!

I have heard this story, but it seems that the details are provided much by the Hadith. Like Staffy, I do not pay much attention to the Hadith since it is complied and created by humans--at least 100 yrs after Prophet Muhammad's death, so I would advise to read in the Holy Qur'an about the Miraj. Qur'an explains everything, not the hadith.

Peace.
Hadith is is also the next best Holy Literature after the Holy Quran, and 99.9% is authentic.

You guys have to know that God excepts work , studying and the reciting [ repeting for example ( there is no god except for God ) , or something like that , and thats praying to God, but the actual praying is the greatest , and for christians i think praying for example out of church they pray befour going to bed or something and begin hoping for good to others and such , we have this too , but its not called praying , but the du'aa , but its also a prayer , the dua is called praying to God. and there is no limit or timing to when you can make a dua , so muslims can make a dua anytime anywher they want.

Back