will religions join with the returning of Jesus?

A

ahmetcelik

It is a fact that those centres of power that have religion and its moral values in their sights have combined the wide opportunities at their disposal and are acting in alliance against people who have religious beliefs. It is actually not that difficult to destroy, in the ideological sense, that wicked alliance, to eliminate the negative and destructive effects of atheist- materialist indoctrination, and to bring about a society where proper morality, happiness, peace, security and well-being prevail. The one way of doing that lies in the three revealed religions (Islam, Judaism and Christianity) joining forces in the light of that common objective.

The task of sincere Christians, Jews and Muslims who possess a conscience and common sense is to wage a joint struggle against evil and those who engage in it, to help one another and to act in a spirit of unity and cooperation. That unity must rest on the principles of love, respect, tolerance, understanding, harmony and cooperation. We must bear in mind the urgency of the situation, and factors likely to give rise to conflict, argument and division must be scrupulously avoided.

Here, Jews, Christians and Muslims are called to join in the light of common objectives to wage a joint struggle against atheism, social and moral degeneration, and to spread good morals throughout the world. This call is to all the sincere, scrupulous, benevolent, agreeable, decent, pacifist, and just Jews, Christians and Muslims.
Admin Edit: links removed

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings ahmetcelik,

And welcome to CR. Your question is interesting but not new. As I recall my history, Mohhamed asked the same (or similar question). As I further recall, it was met (to his stunning surprise), with little interest from the other two "revealed faiths". As a rational man, I suspect he thought this would be to most logical approach and action. Unfortunately, faith isn't always ruled by logic.

Perhaps the "moderates" of each faith might be able to work out a reasonable approach to a "super faith", or at least an agreement to respect the differences and work with the similarities, however each of the three also have fringes that would accept no part of it, in any way, shape or form.

My thoughts anyway.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Greetings ahmetcelik,

And welcome to CR. Your question is interesting but not new. As I recall my history, Mohhamed asked the same (or similar question). As I further recall, it was met (to his stunning surprise), with little interest from the other two "revealed faiths". As a rational man, I suspect he thought this would be to most logical approach and action. Unfortunately, faith isn't always ruled by logic.

Perhaps the "moderates" of each faith might be able to work out a reasonable approach to a "super faith", or at least an agreement to respect the differences and work with the similarities, however each of the three also have fringes that would accept no part of it, in any way, shape or form.

My thoughts anyway.

v/r

Q

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite(Daniel 2;44)only the God of heaven can bring about unity because man wasnt created to rule himself independent of God. notice that the kingdom will not be passed on to any other people ,the reason why, is because it will be in heaven , with Jesus as king .he has the power to do more good than any human ruler even the best among them .plus Jesus will never die because he has immortalityso all of the good that he will do will last for ever. so no all of the religions getting togeather will not bring peace , because the bible fortells that soon religion will be a thing of the past because God is going to get rid of it

And already, yes, right now, events are taking place that are preparing the way for that execution!

(Genesis 49:10) The scepter will not turn aside from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shi´loh comes; and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong.

(Psalm 2:6) [Saying:] "I, even I, have installed my king Upon Zion, my holy mountain."​

(Matthew 6:10) Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.​

(Luke 22:29) and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom,​

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: "My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source."​

(Revelation 11:15) And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: "The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever."​

(Revelation 20:6) Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years

I'll move this out to Monotheism to give the Christianity board a little more space, as it's not really directed at just Christians.

It's a general junk post, but I may as well let it stay as there have been responses.

That is a very narrow view of atheists. Not all of them are evil and they all definetley have consciences. Evil people are everywhere no matter what religion or secular veiw one subscribes to. This is almost a bash against atheists and is quite disrespectful.

You convey that the major religions must "destroy" atheistic indoctrination and i cant say all christians agree with you. It is our goal to show them the love of God, not to wage some war in any sense of the word. As a christian i strongly disagree with you and i think you are confused.

i just wish jesus or the messiah or somebody whoever it is would come and sort all this mess out.....sometime soon would be nice.:mad:

believer142 said:
That is a very narrow view of atheists. Not all of them are evil and they all definetley have consciences. Evil people are everywhere no matter what religion or secular veiw one subscribes to. This is almost a bash against atheists and is quite disrespectful.

You convey that the major religions must "destroy" atheistic indoctrination and i cant say all christians agree with you. It is our goal to show them the love of God, not to wage some war in any sense of the word. As a christian i strongly disagree with you and i think you are confused.
I presume your view is based upon the doctrine of tolerance. Yes?

If so, then tolerance means that it works both ways...wherein one speaks their mind while the other listens, and then the other speaks their mind while the first one listens.

Alas this is not applied in reality (for the most part), by ether side. There is no tolerance, only pressured compliance (outwardly), while inside, views do not change.

A wound covered, but not cleaned only festers...

v/r

Q

dayaa said:
i just wish jesus or the messiah or somebody whoever it is would come and sort all this mess out.....sometime soon would be nice.:mad:

Baha'i belief is that this has happened with the dispensation of Baha'u''llah...

The straightening out process has begun but has a long way to go.... The extent to which mankind responds will of course determine how things could go considerably easier.

An interest dialogue concerning the unification of religions:

Sunday Evening, February 17, 1913 — Pasteur Monnier's Theological Seminary, Paris (The audience was composed of professors, clergy and theological students)

PASTEUR MONNIER: Is the unification of religion possible? If so, when and how and through what channel will it be realized?

ABDUL BAHA: When the devotees of religion cast aside their dogmas and ritualism, the unification of religion will appear on the horizon and the verities of the holy books will become unveiled. In these days superstitions and misunderstandings are rife; when these are relinquished the sun of unity shall dawn.

Source:

http://bahai-library.com/?file=abdulbaha_divine_philosophy&chapter=5

Quahom1 said:

If so, then tolerance means that it works both ways...wherein one speaks their mind while the other listens, and then the other speaks their mind while the first one listens.

Alas this is not applied in reality (for the most part), by ether side. There is no tolerance, only pressured compliance (outwardly), while inside, views do not change.

v/r

Q
Thank you for your post but i disagree with you. It is possible for one to hold his own beliefs while respecting and tolerating others. I think you would agree that its more beneficial to learn more about people then to be indifferent to them. When we learn about someone we can reveal the love of God instead of almost enforcing it. I simply disagree with waging some war in order to get people to understand Christians. Its arrogant and not the way to solve things.

believer142 said:
Thank you for your post but i disagree with you. It is possible for one to hold his own beliefs while respecting and tolerating others. I think you would agree that its more beneficial to learn more about people then to be indifferent to them. When we learn about someone we can reveal the love of God instead of almost enforcing it. I simply disagree with waging some war in order to get people to understand Christians. Its arrogant and not the way to solve things.

Tolerance also means listening to what one says, rather than trying to formulate a response, before hearing/reading the messsage in context, or in its entireity.

I will try again.

Back