What is in a Screen Name?

:) Not to interrupt or anything...but someone with the name "Bandit" has pretty much determined ahead of time what belongs to him (and that may mean anything one wants to discuss--in other words, if there is anything worth taking from what you say, a "bandit" take it and run with it. And many times to the benefit of all:).

I sure am enjoying the fact that this "Bandit" is still here. This Bandit is a thoughtful one...

InPeace,
InLove

InLove said:
:) Not to interrupt or anything...but someone with the name "Bandit" has pretty much determined ahead of time what belongs to him (and that may mean anything one wants to discuss--in other words, if there is anything worth taking from what you say, a "bandit" take it and run with it. And many times to the benefit of all:).

I sure am enjoying the fact that this "Bandit" is still here. This Bandit is a thoughtful one...

InPeace,
InLove

LOL you always make laugh & it feels good on this late summer night.

Bandit said:
Luna, is that the night moth lays eggs on folded leaves & turns into that pinkish brown iris bore?

The eat tree leaves and the caterpillars are green. So, I don't think it is your iris bore. The moth really does look like my avatar.

lunamoth

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
Side note concerning your screen name, Scarlet Pimpernel: Did you know that the book you read when you were 16 was based on an actual man and what he did during the French Revolution? Leslie Howard, the actor who portrayed the main character received a letter from a decendant of the actual Scarlet Pimpernel, and he (Leslie Howard) thought it was a prank being played on him by a school chum. He was "floored" when he learned about the family's existence. :cool:

That's really cool, Phyllis - do you have any references for that? I tried doing a google search but couldn't find anything about it being based on an actual person, or about his descendants.

And what does 17th Angel refer to?

Scarlet Pimpernel said:
That's really cool, Phyllis - do you have any references for that? I tried doing a google search but couldn't find anything about it being based on an actual person, or about his descendants.

Search for Sir Percy Blakeney (the Scarlet Pimpernel's real name.) Anyway, it was part of an after-performance interview on the Lux Radio Program (I think) that Leslie Howard divulged this.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back