way to peace

InLove said:
Hi, Peace to All Here--

Yes, why wouldn't someone with the true light shine in any and all situations--

Q, say hello and thank you to your son from me, will ya?

InPeace,
InLove

LOL...which one in green? :cool:

Quahom1 said:
That seems to go right along with Jesus stating that the Kingdom of heaven is within "you" (meaning us). I know I read that somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where...

But it also corrolates with the Light on the hill, the lamp out from under a basket, and other such metaphors (apparently re-enforcing the same theme, or message). Then there is Christs declaring that He would "rebuild this temple" within three days, after its destruction...

My son told me the other day (while on leave from overseas), that he was the United States of America over there, everytime he went out in uniform, or everytime he was around people that knew he wore one.

And for those who did not know him...they wanted to know who he was. It wasn't bragging, just a simple statement of fact.

Why wouldn't the same be true for one who declared themselves followers of Christ? "I am the kingdom of heaven", everytime I present myself to the world...

Just a thought.

v/r

Q
Ithink the bible verse you may be refering to is the one in...Luke 17;21 KJ where it says the kingdom of God is within you but in the margin it says(among you) andthe NE and the JB. also RS says, (in the midst of you.)the NWT Says (in your midst)....notice that ,as shown by verse 20 jesus was speaking to the pharisees,who jesus said were hypocrites,so he could not of meant that the kingdom was in there hearts. but the kingdom as represented by christ was in their midst.and the Emphatic diaglott says Gods royal majesty is among you...so it seems to me that the KJV has not translated this correctly

mee said:
Ithink the bible verse you may be refering to is the one in...Luke 17;21 KJ where it says the kingdom of God is within you but in the margin it says(among you) andthe NE and the JB. also RS says, (in the midst of you.)the NWT Says (in your midst)....notice that ,as shown by verse 20 jesus was speaking to the pharisees,who jesus said were hypocrites,so he could not of meant that the kingdom was in there hearts. but the kingdom as represented by christ was in their midst.and the Emphatic diaglott says Gods royal majesty is among you...so it seems to me that the KJV has not translated this correctly

Hi Mee

You are quite right it is Luke 17;21 but if we look at it numbered order from chapter 20 you perhaps may see it in context.

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

The pharisees are demanding to know when the kingdom of God should come and Jesus told them they cannot observe the kingdom of God. Perhaps he called them hypocrites in another verse?

The next verse goes like this
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

This appears to be saying not here or there but look the kingdom of God is within you! So in essence you cannot observe the kingdom of God on the outside because it is found within in.

I agree with the following statements.

As Abogado del Diablo says "Kingdom of God" within upon awakening to grace.

As Inlove says "There will be physical changes along the way, but it is in the Spirit of Love that the Kingdom is built."

and as Earle says "let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me."

Given this then perhaps if we first begin with ourselves and if we were to awaken to grace, in the spirit of love, I feel we will indeed find the Kingdom of God within that will bring an eternal peace within. If more knew this perhaps peace on earth may then be found.

Kelcie:)

My favorite version is from the Gospel of Thomas:

113 "His disciples said to him, 'When will the kingdom come?'
[Jesus said,] 'It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it.'"

Kelcie said:
Hi Mee

You are quite right it is Luke 17;21 but if we look at it numbered order from chapter 20 you perhaps may see it in context.

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

The pharisees are demanding to know when the kingdom of God should come and Jesus told them they cannot observe the kingdom of God. Perhaps he called them hypocrites in another verse?

The next verse goes like this
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

This appears to be saying not here or there but look the kingdom of God is within you! So in essence you cannot observe the kingdom of God on the outside because it is found within in.

I agree with the following statements.

As Abogado del Diablo says "Kingdom of God" within upon awakening to grace.

As Inlove says "There will be physical changes along the way, but it is in the Spirit of Love that the Kingdom is built."

and as Earle says "let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me."

Given this then perhaps if we first begin with ourselves and if we were to awaken to grace, in the spirit of love, I feel we will indeed find the Kingdom of God within that will bring an eternal peace within. If more knew this perhaps peace on earth may then be found.

yes, he did call them hypocrites in another verse ,i was just making the point that the pharasees did not have the kingdom in there hearts, but Jesus was in their midst.and yes the kingdom being invisible in the heavens would not be observed with striking observableness ,its interesting about the margin in the KJV thou ,that would change the true meaning if the translaters put( within you )instead of (among you)Jesus was the representative of the kingdom because he would be the king of the heavenly kingdom

mee said:
yes, he did call them hypocrites in another verse ,i was just making the point that the pharasees did not have the kingdom in there hearts, but Jesus was in their midst.and yes the kingdom being invisible in the heavens would not be observed with striking observableness ,its interesting about the margin in the KJV thou ,that would change the true meaning if the translaters put( within you )instead of (among you)Jesus was the representative of the kingdom because he would be the king of the heavenly kingdom

Hi Mee,

Interesting thing about interpretations, there just happens to be more and more created as each century passes. What is important however, is to listen to your heart. I do agree that Jesus would be the king of the heavenly kingdom.

Kelcie said:
Hi Mee,

Interesting thing about interpretations, there just happens to be more and more created as each century passes. What is important however, is to listen to your heart. I do agree that Jesus would be the king of the heavenly kingdom.

i dont know if i would trust my heart thou because the scriptures say
The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it? .....jeremiah 17;9.....lol:)

mee said:
The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it? .....jeremiah 17;9.....lol:)

Hi Mee,

I agree, especially if your heart departs from the lord as is stated in Jeremiah 17;5. Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Therefore the heart will indeed becomes more treacherous and desparately wicked when we do not dwell in God.

Kelcie said:
Hi Mee,

I agree, especially if your heart departs from the lord as is stated in Jeremiah 17;5. Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Therefore the heart will indeed becomes more treacherous and desparately wicked when we do not dwell in God.

yes very true:)

mee said:

I started off searching for the verse that says that God searches the hearts and wow did I find some gems.. I especially love the Ec 3:11. I did not post them all because I think that less is more in situations like this.

Pr 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts.

Ps 33:15 He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works

Pr 24:12 If you say, "Surely we did not know this," Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?

Ec 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

Romans 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Ga 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Faithfulservant said:
I started off searching for the verse that says that God searches the hearts and wow did I find some gems.. I especially love the Ec 3:11. I did not post them all because I think that less is more in situations like this.

Pr 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts.

Ps 33:15 He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works

Pr 24:12 If you say, "Surely we did not know this," Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?

Ec 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

Romans 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Ga 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
yes thats true, i like the one about eternity in their hearts,
. Everything he has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind may never find out the work that the [true] God has made from the start to the finish Ecllesiastes3;11.....yes, man wants to carry on indefinetly , if we have our health and youth when do we ever think to ourselves i think i want to die now ,no we want to carry on and live forever , when do we ever think ,ok, on such a date i will set the limit of my life i will choice to die today,no we have it in our hearts to live for eternity.it is only sickness and old age that makes a person want to die,and that was not how God wanted it to be in the first place ,God wanted us to live forever .but we all know what went wrong in eden.

Back