Did Jesus foretell of Muhammad in the Bible ?

AbdAlRahman

Reaction score
Hi again

I want someone to explain these verses:

"The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you."
[Bible - John 14:26]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me,named Ahmad."
[Quran 61:6]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist, "If you are not the Christ (Messiah), and not Elijah - are you THAT Prophet?"
[John 1:20]

Thanks in advance
[/font]

AbdAlRahman said:
Hi again

"The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you."

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me,named Ahmad."
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist, "If you are not the Christ (Messiah), and not Elijah - are you THAT Prophet?"
[John 1:20]

Thanks in advance
[/font]

25فَعَادُوا يَسْأَلُونَهُ: «إِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ أَنْتَ الْمَسِيحَ، وَلاَ إِيلِيَّا، وَلاَ النَّبِيَّ، فَلِمَاذَا تُعَمِّدُ إِذَنْ؟»

26أَجَابَ: «أَنَا أُعَمِّدُ بِالْمَاءِ! وَلكِنَّ بَيْنَكُمْ مَنْ لاَ تَعْرِفُونَهُ،

25And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 26John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth
one among you, whom ye know not;

This is a question specifically identifying Elias as that prophet which already came

AbdAlRahman said:
Hi again

The "Comforter", AbdAl, is the Holy Spirit of God, who has dwelled among men since the time that Jesus left earth. This is according to New Testament scripture, you understand.

v/r

Q

What about ahmed?

I know its not Mohhamed but

Ahmed =

Mohhamed
and mahmood

The smame thing

AbdAlRahman said:
What about ahmed?

I know its not Mohhamed but

Ahmed =

Mohhamed
and mahmood

The smame thing

Not forgotten, I am researching this issue. ;)

v/r

Q

AbdAlRahman said:
Hi again

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks in advance[/font]

is that from god speaking to his chosen jewish people? and can it be found in jewish text?

BlaznFattyz said:
is that from god speaking to his chosen jewish people? and can it be found in jewish text?

It is a verse from the Qu'ran.

Yeshua (Jesus) is explaining to his disciples he is leaving them and he is thelling them he shall send a comforter and guide..
Look back as well to John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you. <<<<<<<<<<< This explicitly refers to the HolySpirit dwelling withinyou. Mohammed cannot/could not dwell inside someone. So it cannot refer to Mohammed.

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. <<<< THE HOLY SPIRIT sent in the name of Yeshua, not Mohammed.

Quran 61:6, [61:6] Recall that Jesus, son of Mary, said, "O Children of Israel, I am GOD's messenger to you, confirming the Torah and bringing good news of a messenger to come after me whose name will be even more praised (Ahmad)." Then, when he showed them the clear proofs, they said, "This is profound magic." <<<<<<<<<<< Since this is NOT from the bible, there is no need to explain. It isn`t biblical. There is no biblical recollection of this being said.

John 1:19 And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" 20 He confessed, he did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."21 And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the prophet?" And he answered, "No.. John 1:25 They asked him, "Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the prophet?"<<<< << We are looking for a second prophet in this verse besides Elijah.

There are 2 End-Time Prophets

Zechariah 4: 12 And a second time I said to him, "What are these two branches of the olive trees, which are beside the two golden pipes from which the oil is poured out?" 13 He said to me, "Do you not know what these are?" I said, "No, my lord." 14 Then he said, "These are the two anointed who stand by the Lord of the whole earth." <<<<< 2 prophets of Revelation.

Revelation 11: 3 And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth 5 And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed. 6 They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire. 7 And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them, 8 and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified. 9 For three days and a half men from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations gaze at their dead bodies and refuse to let them be placed in a tomb, 10 and those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and make merry and exchange presents, because these two prophets had been a torment to those who dwell on the earth. 11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up hither!" And in the sight of their foes they went up to heaven in a cloud. 13 And at that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven <<<<<<< One is well-known to be Elijah, the other prophet identity is not quite known. It could be John the Apostle, Enoch, or Moses. But Mohammed it is not. Enoch is a logical choice frontrunner because he never died, neither has Elijah. It is appointed unto Man once to die!!! They both may face their deaths in the end times.

Hope this helped.

Do you guess that it was refering to the spirit?

And i remember a story of a christian boy who his father was a preist , or somehing like that , and the boy went to this old library or boockcase and saw a very old bible , wich he found that jesus did fortell of another prophet after him.

And people beleaved it since the bible never said that the bible is the last book or neither Jesus say hes the last prophet of God , some people told me that jesus befour dying he said something about his messege is finished something like i cant remember the verse , but it doesent really say that God is finished or that there will be no prophet after Jesus or another book after the bible.

And people told me that Jesus said about a fake prophet that will take over 1mil or something souls with him , well , in the Qu'Ran we got the same thing , thats one of the biggest signs of `the end of the world will be a fake prophit, so i dont think the bible meant that , becouse the bible never said it is the last book , or if Jesus is the last prophet od God, becouse it is in the Qu'Ran.

And is it really that there is no original bible? in the hebrew language , i mean all the bibles in US are english , but thats translations , and tons ofversions thats why muslims dont except translated words from the Qu'Ran becouse there are tons of ways to translate it , i heard there was 1 but noone can entre the place only the pop or someone else.

Thanks

Jesus was not the last prophet.. Of course there would be prophets after him.. You are asking whether Muhammed is one of those prophets and based on the rules God gave us in the bible for testing these prophets.. Muhammed does not meet the criteria.

This subject was heavily discussed in this thread please take a look at it

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2957

AbdAlRahman Stated:
And people beleaved it since the bible never said that the bible is the last book or neither Jesus say hes the last prophet of God , some people told me that jesus befour dying he said something about his messege is finished something like i cant remember the verse , but it doesent really say that God is finished or that there will be no prophet after Jesus or another book after the bible.

I believe the verse you are looking for is:

John 19:28-30
28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!" 29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
NKJV

In a sense his message is finished, but still being delivered. Abdal his message was amessage of Love From God To mankind.... Obzerve:

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
NKJV

Who is he it is mentioned earlier in the same book:

John 1:1-18
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.' " 16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
NKJV

This was his message: I believe... I could be mistaken the Quran speaks of the fall in the Garden.... Adam and Eve? Where they sin and eat of the Fruit of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Their was some proohecies mad about Christ in these same story, and all through the Bible as well as others.

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel
."
NKJV
Isa 53:1-10
53:1
Who has believed our report?And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,And as a root out of dry ground.He has no form or comeliness;And when we see Him,There is no beauty that we should desire Him. 3 He is despised and rejected by men,A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows;Yet we esteemed Him stricken,Smitten by God, and afflicted. 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,He was bruised for our iniquities;The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,And by His stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray;We have turned, every one, to his own way;And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,Yet He opened not His mouth;He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,So He opened not His mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment,And who will declare His generation?For He was cut off from the land of the living;For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. 9 And they made His grave with the wicked--But with the rich at His death,Because He had done no violence,Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him;He has put Him to grief.When You make His soul an offering for sin,He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.
NKJV
(((( This of course was speaking of Christ Crucifiction)))))
John 8:56-58
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." 57 Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" 58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
NKJV

Anyways I could go on but their is to many...... But Am I correct does the Quran speak of Adam and Eve and the fall in the garden???

Back on my point When Jesus said it was Finished he was speaking of the Fullfillment of the law, and Prophets.... As well the message of Love sent by God to us. As for the fullfil ment of the law we no longer have to sacrifice animlas and such just devote our lifes to him in servanthood..... And as far as prophecies he fullfilled well over hundreds... Maybe someone knows the number of prophecies he fullfilled. I know its well over a hundred alone.

Anyways hope this helps....
God bless

AbdAlRahman, please note that the Christianity board is for discussions about Christianity - and whilse there's nothing wrong with sincere questions about Christianity, the sort of question being here seems to have an undercurrent of trying to evangelise for Islam.

If Christianity held predictions about the coming of Mohammed, you can be assured that many Christians would have become Muslims by now - the fact that Christians don't believe Mohammed to extend from their own tradition, nor did Mohammed claim to be the second coming of Christ, suggests that perhaps there is going to be very little cross-over agreement between Christians and Muslims as to the role of Mohammed in relation to Christianity. :)

Back