Who Drove the Nails?

Terrence said:
No seriously, it was God who killed Jesus.
Jehovah sent his son to the earth that is quite true.
(1 John 4:9) By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him.
(John 3:16) "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
(Romans 8:32) He who did not even spare his own Son but delivered him up for us all, why will he not also with him kindly give us all other things?........... but the religious leaders were jealous of Jesus and wanted him out the way, so they stirred up the crowd to have Jesus put to death, even though he was an inocent man.

John 10:18

No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

John 19:11

Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

:) :) :)

of course it is all god's ultimate plan, that is the bigger picture. additionally, to fulfill scripture, jesus was rejected by his own people, and they condemned him to death. the romans did have the method of death to fulfill scripture and crucified him. all the while christ doing the will of the father of his own volition. something interesting to take note of: even being rejected they called him god; although the jews condemned him it was for making himself equal with god, the soldiers put a crown on him, the pilate put king of the jews on his cross, herod put a kings robe on him.

InLove said:
Peace to All Here--

I have always thought that the argument about who crucified Jesus was absurd.

Some blame the Jews; Some blame the Romans. I say I did it. More than that, though, I say He did it.

He allowed it. We all drove the nails. I will go so far as to say that perhaps His own blessed mother did not willingly drive those nails, but because He allowed it to be done, He saved her, as he saved us all who are willing to recognize His sacrifice.

I guess I am just talking, or wondering if there are lovers of Jesus who would like to respond--

InPeace,
InLove

When I read the title of this thread the words, "I DID" were the very first words to enter my head. Then when I went to reply I see you have already answered with the reply I was about to give. I agree!

May God bless you :D

Because of us (sinners) Jesus died. But, ultimately, it was God who killed Jesus. He not only destined it to happen, but chose how it would occure. Praise God for His super amazing grace though! Because of Christ' obedience to God's will, we have been made righteous and are called children of the most high God. Such a gift is undeserved!

I asked Jesus, "HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME?"

With open arms He replied, "THIS MUCH" then He died for me.

Hey, Everyone!
(and welcome to CR, FLOWERGIRL. :))

I was really surprised when this thread resurfaced. It has been over a year since I made the original post. If I remember correctly, I posted the idea in reaction to some very anti-Semitic remarks I had read around the forums at the time. I think it may have had something to do with public reaction to the Mel Gibson film, The Passion of the Christ. ( Wow. Some details have come to light since then, I'd have to say. :eek:)

I do want to attempt to clarify something. Historically or literally, no--I realize that I did not personally nail Christ to the cross. I was speaking figuratively, which is also one way in which I read Scripture. I did say that, most of all "He did it." Whichever way one looks at it, God gave His Son, and Jesus remained within the will of the Father, laying down His life for the sins of the people.

When I say figuratively that "I drove the nails", I mean that if it had not been for my sin (or call it that of Adam's, Eve's, the Pharisees, the Jews, the Romans, etc.) there would be no need for the sacrifice in the first place. Now I realize that this explanation is rather simplistic, and there are many depths to which the matter can be taken ( I found Brian's observation about "mob rule" a rather interesting thought, just to mention one idea ). But I do not mean that guilt is eating away at my spirit. To me, that would be a rejection of the very message Jesus died to give.

I guess I just wanted to stop in and say something. I have enjoyed reading through the thread.:)

InPeace,
InLove

Back