Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thipps

I have only one question for you. If the Quran was in existence before the seventh century give your proofs.

I think this thread is drifting from it's intended issue, which relates to how Muslims view Islam and it's roots, and how this wasn't considered in the original writing of the Islam section on CR.

I can certainly appreciate that the wording on the site could be better corrected to show the Islamic perspective, but it is worth underlining the point that most outside viewers will see Islam as we have it now as essentially starting with Mohammed, and focussed around the Qur'an.

mansio said:
Thipps

I have only one question for you. If the Quran was in existence before the seventh century give your proofs.
:) proves you didnt read the thread I told you to read. The answer to the confusion in your head is in that thread. Please read it.

Thipps

Your thread is nothing else that the standard view of Muslims concerning Islam. Once again I can only agree when it is stated that a muslim is someone who submits to God and follows his Book. Why use an Arabic word anyway ? The other languages than Arabic are rich enough to have corresponding words.
The real issue is to know what is understood by the Book. For Jews and Christians it's the Bible of course. There's not a single historical proof of the existence of another Book before Muhammad, unless you can prove the contrary, which I asked you already once.

Okay, I think it's fair to say that the original point has been raised, I will take note, and for the time being this thread has served its purpose.

Mansio, I would also request you show a little more respect, please - this is a repeated behaviour of your disrespecting the hospitality the Muslims shows you on this board at CR - please respect that hospitality, because if you fail to do so in future, your ability to post on CR may be restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back