Islam's view of Jesus

InChristAlways said:
Thank you. How does Islam view this Great Host/war in Daniel 10 that he visioned? Did Mohammad [PBUH] ever quote from that book by any chance since it is in the OT and the Great Prophet Jesus [PBUH] did quote from it in the Gospels? Thanks. Peace.
Steve

Daniel 10:1 In the third year of Cyrus["posses thou the Furnace"], King of Persia["pure/splended"], a thing, was revealed unto Daniel["God is my Judge"], whose name was called Belteshazzar["Lord of the straightened treasure"]; and True was the thing, even [concerned] a great Army/Host [#06635], and he understood the thing, and had understanding in the sight/appearance.

Matthew 24:15 " Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in [the] holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),

Revelation 19:13 He [was] clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

Hello ,,,nChristAlways
:)

Mohammad didn't read Christianity testaments( Both new and old ) at all..
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) told his companions much about the anti-christ (Dajjal). Although all prophets warned their people about the anti-christ , Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him ) gave very detailed account of the anti-christ who at the end of time would appear. Only Jesus (peace be upon him will be able to contend with him at that time.....

Ibn Taimiya said, after quoting the numerous chains reporting Jesus' being raised to heaven and his descent at the end of time, "These hadith are mutawatir from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him). They have been narrated from Abu Huraira, Ibn Mas`ud, `Uthman ibn Abu al-as, Abu Umama, al-Nawas ibn Samaan, Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-As and Hudahifah ibn Usaid (may Allah be pleased with all of them). These hadith contain indications concerning how and where he will descend."

One of those hadith is the following: Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "By the One in whose hand is my soul, soon the son of Mary will descend upon you as a just judge. He will break the crosses, kill the swine and will put an end to the jizya. And wealth will spread to the extent that on one will accept it." Then Abu Huraira said, "Recite if you wish, "There is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him (as only a Messenger of Allah) before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them."" [an-Nisa 4:159] [Al-Bukhari & Muslim] In another narration from Abu Huraira, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "How will you be when the son of Mary descends among you and your leader will be from among yourselves?" [Al-Bukhari & Muslim] It is also confirmed in the Sahih from Jabir ibn Abdullah that he heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say, "A group of people from my Nation will continue to fight in defense of the truth and remain triumphant until the day of Judgment." He also said, "Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon him), will descend upon them and their leader will say (to him), 'Come and lead us in prayer.' He will say, 'No, Allah has honored this Nation by putting some as leaders over others.'" [Saheeh Muslim]

This hadith demonstrate that he will descend at the end of time and that he will judge according to the Law of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). They also show, without doubt, that there will be a leader for this nation at that time. Furthermore, there is no contradiction between his descending and the fact that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the seal of the prophets. This is so because Jesus will not be descending with a new law. To Allah belongs the decree, first and last. He does what He wills and rules as He wills. There is none to come after His Rule. He is the All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Allah Know the best

Hi Friend. How does Islam view this Great Host/war in Daniel 10 that he visioned as you mentioned a "Great Battle" in the future?

Did Mohammad [PBUH] ever quote from that book by any chance since it is in the OT and the Great Prophet Jesus [PBUH] did quote from it in the Gospels? Thanks. Peace.
Steve

Daniel 10:1 In the third year of Cyrus["posses thou the Furnace"], King of Persia["pure/splended"], a thing, was revealed unto Daniel["God is my Judge"], whose name was called Belteshazzar["Lord of the straightened treasure"]; and True was the thing, even [concerned] a great Army/Host [#06635], and he understood the thing, and had understanding in the sight/appearance.

Matthew 24:15 " Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in [the] holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),..........
Mohammad didn't read Christianity testaments( Both new and old ) at all..
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) told his companions much about the anti-christ (Dajjal). Although all prophets warned their people about the anti-christ , Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him ) gave very detailed account of the anti-christ who at the end of time would appear. Only Jesus (peace be upon him will be able to contend with him at that time.....

.........This is so because Jesus will not be descending with a new law. To Allah belongs the decree, first and last. He does what He wills and rules as He wills. There is none to come after His Rule. He is the All-Mighty, All-Wise.
Thanks friend. Does Islam also believe Paul [PBUH] was a Great Prophet sent by God as he also agrees with that view in his epistles to the Corinthians and Thessolonians.

Christians consider Paul [PBUH] a Great Prophet just as Islam considers Mohammed [PBUH] a Great Prophet. Peace.
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
InChristAlways said:
Hi Friend. This quote below was from a former christian who turned to Islam and would like to know if this is the view of mainstream Islam about the jews being an enemy as far as Christ is concerned. I believe this means it is hating the "religion" itself. instead of hating the person.

InChristAlways,,About your querying

The Qur'an reveals that the unbelievers devised a plot to take Jesus' life. According to some sources, a group of bigoted Jewish scribes and priests bribed Judas Iscariot, one of the disciples, to betray him, after which they would arrest Jesus and hand him over to the Romans. According to the same sources, the priests did not have the power to sentence someone to death and so had to make another plan to agitate the Roman regime. Thus, they portrayed Jesus as being hostile to the Roman leadership, for the Romans were highly sensitive and ruthless when confronted with dissidents. But these priests failed, for the Qur'an relates:

They [unbelievers] planned and God planned. But God is the best of planners. (Surah Al 'Imran, 3:54)
As the verses reveal, they plotted and moved to kill Jesus. However, their plot failed and they ended up killing a look-alike. During this event, God raised Jesus up to His presence:

And [on account of] their saying: "We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Messenger of God." They did not kill him and they did not crucify him, but it was made to seem so to them. Those who argue about him are in doubt about it. They have no real knowledge of it, just conjecture. But they certainly did not kill him. God raised him to Himself. God is Almighty, All-Wise. (Surat An-Nisa', 4:157-158)

The Qur'an, however, says otherwise. The reality revealed in the verses is clear. The Romans, abetted by some Jews' agitation, attempted to kill Jesus but did not succeed. The expression "but it was made to seem so to them" reveals this fact. God showed them a look-alike and raised Jesus up to His presence. Our Lord also reveals that those who made that claim had no knowledge of the truth.

In the early years of Christianity, several views on Jesus' fate emerged. In the subsequent centuries and until the articles of faith were fully formulated at the Council of Nicea (325), these ideological differences continued to persist, and movements that claimed that Jesus had not been crucified were accused of heresy and its members were persecuted.

Ok ,,we muslims believe (according to that )some hateful jews was responsible about the agonising of our prophet Jesus (PUH).but this doesn't mean to hate all jews some of them are good .:)

InChristAlways said:
Thanks friend. Does Islam also believe Paul [PBUH] was a Great Prophet sent by God as he also agrees with that view in his epistles to the Corinthians and Thessolonians.

Christians consider Paul [PBUH] a Great Prophet just as Islam considers Mohammed [PBUH] a Great Prophet. Peace.
Steve

you are welcome InChristAlways:)
read and think about those quoted verses to see if Paul was prophet !!!!!

He said: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (From the NIV Bible, 2 Timothy 3:16)"

How can his scriptures be all "God-breathed", when we clearly and irrefutably see nonsense in his book?

Interestingly, Paul who spoke 2 Timothy 3:16 had ridiculously contradicted himself, because he himself admitted before that he wasn't always inspired by GOD Almighty himself (1 Corinthians 7:25-35). Verses 1 Corinthians 7:25-35 are today permanently preserved in the "Bible". If GOD Almighty indeed spoke 2 Timothy 3:16 through Paul, then He wouldn't have contradicted Himself in the Verse about the entire Bible being His Words, while permanently preserving Paul's personal words and suggestions in the "Bible". This should be one solid proof that Paul was not truthful.

We have already seen Paul's terrible choice in considering disbelievers as purified. He further makes a worse mistake by calling them "holy". Now, I am very certain that Paul knew what the word "holy" meant. The question here is: How can any disbeliever be considered as a "holy" person to any person's religious denomination?

Paul really admired the "holy" people and elated their status very high. He, for instance, considered religious leaders as perfect, sinless and infallible:

"The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment. (From the NIV Bible, 1 Corinthians 2:15)"

How can Paul consider a spiritual leader as a "holy" person, and yet at the same time, consider a disbeliever as "holy" too?!

Also, how can a person in general be considered as purified and holy, and yet be condemned to Hell?

Let us look at what are mention in the Old Testament about marrying disbelievers
"When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations-the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you - and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 7:1-6)"

The Old Testament is crystal clear about the danger in marrying disbelievers, especially in the old days where women used to automatically follow their husbands' religions in the male-dominated societies. GOD Almighty in the Old Testament NEVER called the disbelievers as "holy" and "pure". Only Paul fell through his lies and uttered such stupidity!

Not only that, but GOD Almighty also Warned the People of Israel that if they ever marry pagans, then they will be destroyed!

The Old Testament clearly confirms my points above about Paul's words in NO WAY being Divine, because the GOD Almighty of the Bible didn't consider the disbelievers as "holy" and "pure."

Through simple examination of Paul's words, it is clear that they don't have any Divine Wisdom in them what so ever. They also proved to be self-contradicting ........!

We Muslims believe that Jesus only the prophet sent from Allah.

Thanks

Mohammad didn't read Christianity testaments( Both new and old ) at all..:eek:
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) told his companions much about the anti-christ (Dajjal). Although all prophets warned their people about the anti-christ , Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him ) gave very detailed account of the anti-christ who at the end of time would appear.
Only Jesus (peace be upon him) will be able to contend with him at that time.....

.........This is so because Jesus will not be descending with a new law. To Allah belongs the decree, first and last. He does what He wills and rules as He wills. There is none to come after His Rule. He is the All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Originally Posted by InChristAlways

Christians consider Paul [PBUH] a Great Prophet just as Islam considers Mohammed [PBUH] a Great Prophet.

Peace.
Steve
you are welcome InChristAlways:)
read and think about those quoted verses to see if Paul was prophet !!!!!

He said: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (From the NIV Bible, 2 Timothy 3:16)"

How can his scriptures be all "God-breathed", when we clearly and irrefutably see nonsense in his book?
Hi Freind. I suppose that is one reason I will not join Islam or put Mohammed over the Apostle Paul though I will still still respect Islam and their religion. Just because Mohammed [PBUH] didn't read the OT/NT doesn't mean I shouldn't. [Afterall, I am a Christ-ian];)

Afterall, Christ [PBUH] appeared to Saul/Paul [PBUH] as glorified after Christ had ascended, which I also believe in. Paul [PBUH] is a different topic altogether though. Thank you for your post. Peace.
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend said:
Hi all
Where is the rest of the article which I was quoted?
008.gif

0047.gif

It didn't harm any one

No idea - looks like it got lost due to incorrect formating in the copy/paste.

OK. Very interesting reading about the Muslims view of Jesus. Now I know most of what is taught about Jesus in Islamic cirlces are referenced in the Qu'ran. But what I would like to know now, is there anything in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John) do Muslims accept as teachings from Jesus, i.e. Sermon on the mount, parables, sayings, etc. Is there anything that can be salvaged from these scriptures?

thipps said:
h| Brian,

Found a specific short book (only 28 pages) on this specific subject.
"The Status of Jesus[pbuh] in Islam" by Dr. Rabee bin Haadee al-Madhkalee. its available for download at:
http://www.al-ibaanah.com/ebooks.php?EID=56
Hope this scholarly treatise helps.
And Allaah knows best.

I went to this site, but I couldn't find a way to download this. I see the Adobe Acrobat icon, but it's not doing anything when I try to save it. Am I doing something wrong?

Dondi said:
I went to this site, but I couldn't find a way to download this. I see the Adobe Acrobat icon, but it's not doing anything when I try to save it. Am I doing something wrong?
Something must have been wrong with the website. I tried it today. It displayed the correct page. The link to the english version of the book is at the very bottom. Its the title of the book next to the Adobe Acrobat icon. If, for some reason, you experience a problem again.. ive given the direct link to the pdf file below:
http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/56.pdf
hope this helped.
thipps

thipps said:
Something must have been wrong with the website. I tried it today. It displayed the correct page. The link to the english version of the book is at the very bottom. Its the title of the book next to the Adobe Acrobat icon. If, for some reason, you experience a problem again.. ive given the direct link to the pdf file below:
http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/56.pdf
hope this helped.
thipps

Thanks, thipps. I was able to download the book.

Dondi said:
OK. Very interesting reading about the Muslims view of Jesus. Now I know most of what is taught about Jesus in Islamic cirlces are referenced in the Qu'ran. But what I would like to know now, is there anything in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John) do Muslims accept as teachings from Jesus, i.e. Sermon on the mount, parables, sayings, etc. Is there anything that can be salvaged from these scriptures?

Assalamu'alaikum and Pax Vobiscum,
Any teachings of the four Canonical Gospels attributed to Jesus that conforms and does not contradict Qur'anic commandments and the teachings of Islam are accepted and not questioned by Islam. E.g.
"He is One, and there is none beside Him."(Mark 12:32)

"Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is One, you shall Love your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength."(Mark 12:29-30)

"You shall worship the Lord, your God and serve Him only."(Matthew 4:10 and Luke 4:8)

"Jesus said to him,"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but God alone."(Mark 10:18)

These are in uniformity with the Islam viewpoint and concept Tawhid or of the Omnipotence and Unity of God Almighty; Surah 112(Al-Ikhlas), verse 1,"Say: He is God the One and Only". The qualities of God are mentioned in numerous places elsewhere e.g. 59:22 to 24, 61:1 and 2:225.

Back