Copy Text in Post Box

IMSassafras

A Believer
Reaction score
St. Ignace, MI... Just on the north side of the Ma
Brian,

I am not able to copy text from the post box, but I am able to paste text, though. Is this a preference option or is it part of the Forum Upgrade?

I like having the ability to copy/paste inside the post box so I can organize my post. I also like to copy my entire post into notepad so I don't loose my entire work when I upload just in case the server doesn't work properly.

If this is an option that can be changed or activated, then I would appreciate this change.

Sassafras

IMSassafras said:
Brian,

I am not able to copy text from the post box, but I am able to paste text, though. Is this a preference option or is it part of the Forum Upgrade?

I like having the ability to copy/paste inside the post box so I can organize my post. I also like to copy my entire post into notepad so I don't loose my entire work when I upload just in case the server doesn't work properly.

If this is an option that can be changed or activated, then I would appreciate this change.

Sassafras

Hi Sassafras -

Thanks for the feedback - I've checked your preferences and they seem to be set up fine.

Can I just clarify - are you unable to paste text from Notepad into the Quickreply box? Or do you mean that the "quote" feature is not showing up the text properly?

Hi Sassafras, & Brian,

I think it's more related to the operating system.

I also used to be able to copy and paste just fine, but since they upgraded my computer to XP, i can no longer do that in any of the forums i visit.

it's weird

I can copy from the original post and paste it into the text box, but once i hit reply it doesn't allow me to copy anything. I can't figure it out. <sigh>

I don't know the answer, but that's my experience so far.

It sounds like an odd issue - I'm afraid I may not be able to help on this one. :(

Harmony and Brian,

Hello.

I have XP myself. I remember being able to C/P in the old version of CR. I am sure that is not the problem.

I checked on some other V Bulletin Boards to compare the C/P function:

Religious Forums