giving jesus a face means your giving god a face?

So when the alleged crucifiction occured, was is Jesus as a human who died, or Jesus as a divine being? just curious:confused: :)

christs physical body died, however his eternal divine spirit returned back to where it came - the father in heaven. then after three days as prophesied, he resurrected showing himself having power over death, which only God can do.

but if you say jesus is god...you are giving god a face!!i dont get ...if jesus died for our sins...why are we still born with natural sin?and why are so many beleivers in christianity sinners...not that im saying us muslims arent sinless becasue we all sin...but i know many christians who donot follow the 10 commandments

:confused: After three Days??? wot was the prophecy. Are we talking about the sign of Jonah here? so what died for three days?

Zaakir said:
but if you say jesus is god...you are giving god a face!!i dont get ...if jesus died for our sins...why are we still born with natural sin?and why are so many beleivers in christianity sinners...not that im saying us muslims arent sinless becasue we all sin...but i know many christians who donot follow the 10 commandments

That is correct, only Jesus gave us a face, we didn't give Him one. We are still born with original sin, and ours is to accept the redemption of Christ through His sacrifice for us. It isn't a free ride since Jesus died. We have to accept His gift to us. Or else we take our chances and be judged on our works.

v/r

Q

Zaakir said:
christ being born on earth as the saviour had human limitations of the flesh here on earth, that is he had a face, and bones, and blood. that is not the glorified heavenly body of God in heaven. After he resurrected his body did begin to change and back in heaven he was glorified again.

we are born with natural sin, because adam and eve lost their spiritual connection with God when they sinned. They were kicked out of the garden where they walked with God, having to toil the ground now for food and to eventually die back to the dust of the earth. Everyone is a sinner, unless we repent of our sins to the one God called to be the saviour. It is through the saviour we are saved and given eternal life rather than condemnation and death. until an age of reasoning that we make our own choices and choose to accept Christ and to repent, we are still under the curse of Adam to die a spiritual death disconnected from God.

although there are commandments which are holy, which reflect the holy nature of god, they cannot be followed. we break one we break them all. christ came and fulfilled the law, and said this is what is meant by the law. example, though shall not commit adultery. however christ said if you already think it in your heart you already committed adultery. because god is holy and the laws are holy, christ kept all the laws because he is holy and loved god with all his heart. because we cannot be saved by the law since we cannot keep all the commandments, we are saved through christ, that is we are saved by the grace of God, not by law, but by love.

Nusaybah said:
:confused: After three Days??? wot was the prophecy. Are we talking about the sign of Jonah here? so what died for three days?

Among other prophecies to the same affect, Jesus prophecized about His own death and ressurection. "Destroy this Temple" and within three days I shall rebuild it... And the priests argued, "It took 50 years to build this Temple, and you will rebuild it in three days?" Jesus was talking about Himself, His physical body.

Jesus died and lie physically in a tomb for three days. But his Spirit was busy preaching to those in Sheol, and to the fallen ones in Hell (He made certain they knew His mission was complete). On the third day He rose again (according to the scriptures). After 40 days He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. His kingdom will have no end. All will bow before Jesus in the end (according to scripture).

v/r

Q

seeming as were born with natural sin inherited from Adam (a.s)...then does taht meen if my dad commited a sin before i was born i get hios sins..seeming sins appear to be hereditry then?also if you think jesus is god then ofcourse he will follow the commandments!lol!!!

Zaakir said:
so goving jesus a face and a body interpretation is accetable?becasue in christianity...jesus is God or a God, right?so if youre giving him a face your giving God a face....simple as....you have to agree youre giving God a face and reptresentation as jesus is God....if you say no...then are you denying the trinity?

islam dies not support Genesis which says God created us in His image...in islam God created man from soil and created woman from man...

you said:
You've identified one of the major things that sets Judaism, Christianity and Islam apart. It really hinges on whether or not you believe Jesus is a god, is the God, a prophet, or something else. In Judaism, Jesus was a historical figure, nothing more. In Christianity, he is God, he died for our sins, was resurrected on the third day, ascended into Heaven and is will come again to judge the living and the dead. In Islam, Jesus is a prophet, one of many, but not the only and he will be present at the end of the world.

i dont understand the relevance...sorry...can you explain?

That is not quite correct. The Quran specifically states that Muslims are to respect the other followers of the "Book". If Muhammad is the author of the Quran, then he gave specific instructions, and apparently achknowledged the "Book" as being accurate and Holy. He is ordering Muslims to respect Jews and Christians, and their Holy Book. This means, that Genesis is an accurate description of things (though perhaps summarized), hence Islam must respect the fact that Genesis hold's merit. This means that man was made in God's image and likeness. It also means that if Adam was the first of his kind, made in the image and likeness of God, and Jesus was the last Adam, then we are looking at the face of God, in Jesus.

Jesus dared declare "I AM WHO AM". Pretty bold statement for a non-God, don't you think? I mean that is enough to knock any man/prophet from his pedestal...at least Allah would do so, yet He didn't. Nor did His "prophet" Muhammad. Muhammad made no exceptions to the rule concerining the followers of the "Book".

v/r

Q

Zaakir said:
seeming as were born with natural sin inherited from Adam (a.s)...then does taht meen if my dad commited a sin before i was born i get hios sins..seeming sins appear to be hereditry then?also if you think jesus is god then ofcourse he will follow the commandments!lol!!!

According to the Bible, the sins of the father are passed down to the sons, unto the third and fourth generations. (I believe the correct term is chains). In otherwords, it's hereditary, for one who refuses to repent.

We can see this in our lifetime. A father abuses his family, then the son has a family and abuses them, and the next son does the same, and so on and so forth. Same behavior, different people of the same bloodline. Yes, we get our fathers' sins, and we carry them on to our own children...

Jesus followed every commandment. He never sinned. Also Jesus is not like the rest of us. His father never sinned, so He has no sin to pass along.

v/r

Q

edit: Let me point out an example: A man has a drinking problem, yet his son also with a drinking problem, repents and abstains from drinking his whole life. But the sober son has a son, who has a drinking problem, and does not abstain nor repent. He in turn has a son who has a drinking problem, but repents and abstains. He has a son, who does not drink, and has no desire to drink. It took four generations for the sins of the father to finally dissappear. (actual historical fact of one family).

Last edited:
firstly Muhammad (s.a.w) was not the author of the Quran...Allah is.the Quran and islam says taht the followers of the book...christian and jews corrupted the messages given to them and therfore it cannot be considered to be accurate can it?the revaliations and the books were given as a test which man suprisingly failed.genesis states that god craeted the creation in 7 days with a rest ont he seventh day?would god really need rest...He looks after us every second of everyday...does He take a rest...can you please elaborate?i really dont see how you accept this....the Quran does say that we shouldnt belittle other peoples faith...but should help them to see the light.

if jesus is god then surely each of them will all have the same knowledge...however jesus in the new testament says...knoeth noone of that day, not even the angels in heaven, not even the son only the father in heaven...therefore you are giving a differentaition of god and jesus...how can you do this?

my father had pre marital sex with my mother...i have not...i have no desire to have sex before marriage..does this mean taht im going to get that sin?if i had murdered someone...will i get the punishment?will i be put in jail...just beacuse my dad does siomething does not meen i have to...
where was jesus in genesis?if god is a trinity then surely there was always three?but jesus cannot be there as mary his mother wasnt!

in john...jesus says i can by myself do nothing...i judge only as i hear..and my judgement is just...for i seek not to please myself but Him who sent me...

therefore you are saying jesus is not god right..because he diffrentiates himself from god..also if god is jesus and jesus is god...and god created jesus...then did jesus create jesus...from my studying the bible i have not found jesus saying i am god worship me...jesus also prayed to god and on the cross he cried..my lord, mylord why have you foresaken me?who is jesus crying out to. jesus said, my father is greater than i, my father is graeter tahn all...isnt the trinity equal?

Zaakir said:
firstly Muhammad (s.a.w) was not the author of the Quran...Allah is.the Quran and islam says taht the followers of the book...christian and jews corrupted the messages given to them and therfore it cannot be considered to be accurate can it?the revaliations and the books were given as a test which man suprisingly failed.genesis states that god craeted the creation in 7 days with a rest ont he seventh day?would god really need rest...He looks after us every second of everyday...does He take a rest...can you please elaborate?i really dont see how you accept this....the Quran does say that we shouldnt belittle other peoples faith...but should help them to see the light.

if jesus is god then surely each of them will all have the same knowledge...however jesus in the new testament says...knoeth noone of that day, not even the angels in heaven, not even the son only the father in heaven...therefore you are giving a differentaition of god and jesus...how can you do this?

my father had pre marital sex with my mother...i have not...i have no desire to have sex before marriage..does this mean taht im going to get that sin?if i had murdered someone...will i get the punishment?will i be put in jail...just beacuse my dad does siomething does not meen i have to...
where was jesus in genesis?if god is a trinity then surely there was always three?but jesus cannot be there as mary his mother wasnt!

in john...jesus says i can by myself do nothing...i judge only as i hear..and my judgement is just...for i seek not to please myself but Him who sent me...

therefore you are saying jesus is not god right..because he diffrentiates himself from god..also if god is jesus and jesus is god...and god created jesus...then did jesus create jesus...from my studying the bible i have not found jesus saying i am god worship me...jesus also prayed to god and on the cross he cried..my lord, mylord why have you foresaken me?who is jesus crying out to. jesus said, my father is greater than i, my father is graeter tahn all...isnt the trinity equal?
God rested, that is no more creation was done by his word. also, he set an example that we are not to become slaves to our work, but to take a day off, to balance life, to love God for all he has done, of course everday, but especially on the day he rested at least.

jesus not knowing the time, was a statement made in context of time that he was here on earth. coming from God from everlasting eternity, he is I Am, Yahweh Elohim, all knowing and all powerful; however, being born on earth he had also another nature, that is of man. he grew in wisdom of the Lord and came as a servant to save man. he had his limitations as a man, which he showed as praying to the holy father in heaven for strength. however when he spoke, it was the Word of God as it came out. They had differences in their form, not in nature, and only for a short while. Yes being born on earth to die for our sins, he emptied himself of his glorified body to die for us, that is the extent of Gods love for us. As it is said, there is no greater love than to die for your fellow man. That is what God did for us.

Jesus does nothing for himself. That is he did not come with a personal mission to do what he selfishly wanted. That mission is to do the will of the Father, and to do the work of the Holy Spirit. Whatever the Father does, the Son does, and the Holy Spirit does, all witness and testify of each other.

Jesus cried, because the humanity side of him was dying. He was in excrutiating pain. Being born as a human and a servant to do the will of the Father, he died so we might live. The nature of his human form made him lower than the glorified form of God. However his spirit is the fullness of God and spiritually he was God. God the Father has one nature, that is God, and always is. Christ has the nature of being the Son (100% God and 100% Man during the time he was here), to bridge the gap between us and the Holy Father, as our high priest and saviour.

After death like before death Christ sits back at the right hand of God on the throne of God as God forevermore.

BlaznFattyz said:
God rested, that is no more creation was done by his word. also, he set an example that we are not to become slaves to our work, but to take a day off, to balance life, to love God for all he has done, of course everday, but especially on the day he rested at least.

jesus not knowing the time, was a statement made in context of time that he was here on earth. coming from God from everlasting eternity, he is I Am, Yahweh Elohim, all knowing and all powerful; however, being born on earth he had also another nature, that is of man. he grew in wisdom of the Lord and came as a servant to save man. he had his limitations as a man, which he showed as praying to the holy father in heaven for strength. however when he spoke, it was the Word of God as it came out. They had differences in their form, not in nature, and only for a short while. Yes being born on earth to die for our sins, he emptied himself of his glorified body to die for us, that is the extent of Gods love for us. As it is said, there is no greater love than to die for your fellow man. That is what God did for us.

Jesus does nothing for himself. That is he did not come with a personal mission to do what he selfishly wanted. That mission is to do the will of the Father, and to do the work of the Holy Spirit. Whatever the Father does, the Son does, and the Holy Spirit does, all witness and testify of each other.

Jesus cried, because the humanity side of him was dying. He was in excrutiating pain. Being born as a human and a servant to do the will of the Father, he died so we might live. The nature of his human form made him lower than the glorified form of God. However his spirit is the fullness of God and spiritually he was God. God the Father has one nature, that is God, and always is. Christ has the nature of being the Son (100% God and 100% Man during the time he was here), to bridge the gap between us and the Holy Father, as our high priest and saviour.

After death like before death Christ sits back at the right hand of God on the throne of God as God forevermore.

Firstly I do A level maths and there cannot be two 100%…it breaks every law! It cannot exist
Why does god have to rest…please tell me…saying god has a nature of man is surely degrading to Him?
You said Jesus came to serve as a servant for the lord…if Jesus is god…how can god be a servant to Himself and why would he be? This does not make any sense at all! you said he prayed for strength,…why would god need strength…you say the trinity testify of each other…now answer where I said…why does only the father know of the time of judgement…read mark 13:32
If Jesus felt pain…god felt pain? How can god feel such a human emotion. God is free of all wants. How can Jesus be god if he worshiped god like everyone else…who did he pray to. A mirror?
Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Luke 4...in James god cannot be tempted by evil…how can god be tempted by Satan. And fall into evil. Surely this is a mockery of your lord.
You say again that Jesus is a servant of the father…Jesus is god…God is Jesus…therefore the same thing…how can god be a servant for Himself? How?
If god died. Which you said he did. He did on the cross, right? Who was controlling the world for this time? No-one.
You say about original sin or somebody did…how does this affect parts of the world that haven’t heard of Jesus? And what about the people before Jesus who lived…what was there salvation…
You say god died…(blasphemous) anyway you say he died for himself and for us and our sins…what sins exactly did he die for…because there is a numerous amount of sin in the world. And original sin exists…right? What did Jesus remove?
Doesn’t this contradict the concept of hereditary and therefore original sin
16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.
Also:
30 Instead, everyone will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—his own teeth will be set on edge.
Also:
20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.
Can you please clarify for me…where in the bible is the gospel of Jesus. I cannot find it…
You said Jesus has human nature therefore you say god has human nature?
When Jesus was on earth…the bible says Jesus prayed to God so was there two Gods at the time?
Why is Jesus god…tell me why. Reasons please…what did he do to make him god?

also jesus was baptised....?why?if you say jesus was god then why would god have to accept Himself...are you saying He is insecure?why would god have to be baptised into faith and religion...why,,,,why?it makes no sense atall!!!!!!!!im not trying to belittle..i want answers...but i dont think they exist as i did research before accepting islam and there wernt any...and i think never will be.

Zaakir said:
Firstly I do A level maths and there cannot be two 100%…it breaks every law! It cannot exist
Why does god have to rest…please tell me…saying god has a nature of man is surely degrading to Him?
You said Jesus came to serve as a servant for the lord…if Jesus is god…how can god be a servant to Himself and why would he be? This does not make any sense at all! you said he prayed for strength,…why would god need strength…you say the trinity testify of each other…now answer where I said…why does only the father know of the time of judgement…read mark 13:32
If Jesus felt pain…god felt pain? How can god feel such a human emotion. God is free of all wants. How can Jesus be god if he worshiped god like everyone else…who did he pray to. A mirror?
Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days. Luke 4...in James god cannot be tempted by evil…how can god be tempted by Satan. And fall into evil. Surely this is a mockery of your lord.
You say again that Jesus is a servant of the father…Jesus is god…God is Jesus…therefore the same thing…how can god be a servant for Himself? How?
If god died. Which you said he did. He did on the cross, right? Who was controlling the world for this time? No-one.
You say about original sin or somebody did…how does this affect parts of the world that haven’t heard of Jesus? And what about the people before Jesus who lived…what was there salvation…
You say god died…(blasphemous) anyway you say he died for himself and for us and our sins…what sins exactly did he die for…because there is a numerous amount of sin in the world. And original sin exists…right? What did Jesus remove?
Doesn’t this contradict the concept of hereditary and therefore original sin
16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.
Also:
30 Instead, everyone will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—his own teeth will be set on edge.
Also:
20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.
Can you please clarify for me…where in the bible is the gospel of Jesus. I cannot find it…
You said Jesus has human nature therefore you say god has human nature?
When Jesus was on earth…the bible says Jesus prayed to God so was there two Gods at the time?
Why is Jesus god…tell me why. Reasons please…what did he do to make him god?

This is not a muslim math test. Are we not as men able to be 100% father, 100% brother, and 100% son at sometime at the same time in our lives? we are not 300%, but are fully those natures at the same time. Jesus was 100% man and 100% God during his time here on earth.

i have not yet come across in the bibl where JESUS HIMSELF has said i am god or worship me

As a man, jesus followed all laws thought he gave to his people. he did not come to break the laws, but to fulfill them and teach what they really mean with authority, because they are his words. whatever was the law of the jewish people, the Lord Jesus Christ did without failure, sinless and perfect in nature.

as i said before
30 I cannot of myself do any thing. As I hear, so I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

jesus also said in john 14 my father is greater than i. my father is greater than all...

my question stil stand which you havenot answered for me

Back