Prophecy in the Qoran?

Curios Mike

Reaction score
Ok I heard a speaker on the internet speaking of Muslim Prophecy's. Does the Quran have Prophetic books in it? If so what does it say? Do Muslims believe in a return of a Messiah? How does his Return come about?

P.S. I cannot figure out how to corrected my poor spelling on this topic. I appalogize!

i am not a ver learned muslim, only been one for 4 months, but yes we have prophecies from the prophets, and some of the surahs in the Quran are called after the prophets and messengers, e.g, Isa a.s, Muhamamd s.a.w, Ibrahim a.s, Yusuf a.s. the stories are very siimilar to the ones int he bible. in islam we beleive the messiah, aka Isa (jesus) a.s will come back to earth, there are certain prophecies to this, check out this link it has all the information of Isa a.s in islam and his return
http://www.islam.tc/prophecies/jesus.html
if you look at the qualities of Isa a.s (when he returns) and what the jews expected of the messiah, you will see that these link very closely, ie, he will be a leader among men and take them into battle.

Dear Mike,

Yes, there are a lot of prophecies in Koran and Hadith. We muslim do believe that Jesus a.s. will be descended and rescue muslim and good people agains the tyranny and evil powerhouses. Just lets pray to God that we will be able to recognize and accept him when he returns. The problem is, based on history, people never learnt from their mistakes.

Regards.

Sallam/Peace.

Yes, there are prophecies in the Holy Qur'an. Some examples are: the earth beast, sun rising in the West, the second coming of Messiah Isaa (Jesus) savs, scientific facts that have been discovered much later after the Reveleation of Qur'an, etc.

One of the most prophetic chapters (surahs) of the Qur'an is the Sura al-Khaf (The Cave). Indirectly, it speaks of the end times and the belief system of the antichrist regime. Also, through the story of the companions of the cave, it tells of the mentallity of the Muslim Community (Ummah) of the Last Days and what it is that Muslims should do. Prophet Muhammad savs specifically told Muslims to memorize the first 10 verses of the chapter, and to read the whole chapter when ever they can. The first 10 verses, we are told, are for protection against the Antichrist (Dajjal--the dark Messiah/the deceiver/liar).

Admiral_HangTuah said:
Dear Mike,
Yes, there are a lot of prophecies in Koran and Hadith. We muslim do believe that Jesus a.s. will be descended and rescue muslim and good people agains the tyranny and evil powerhouses. Just lets pray to God that we will be able to recognize and accept him when he returns. The problem is, based on history, people never learnt from their mistakes.
Regards.

For sure there are prophecies in Quran; Muhammad s.a.w. was Khatam-un-Nabiyyin, the greatest of the prophets so naturally he prophesized and many an unseen things of the past were revealed to him by God, which common people and most of the Western readers think Quran had just copied from Bible whilst this is not the case, Quran often brings new details from the unseen realm for the first time, and corrects details of the accounts of the other books; miraculous indeed!
Then there are prophecies in Quran, which were made while Muhammad s.a.w. was in Mecca and these got fulfilled in a glorious way in his own life time, like the conquest of Mecca, which got fulfilled without shedding a drop of blood. Praise is unto God the Sustainer of all the worlds.
Quran does not mention any story in it as it is not a story-book, it is a book of realities; in such accounts actually there are prophecies that such conditions would be faced by Muslims in future, and they may take a lesson from them.
Then there are prophecies which were for the near-future like that of Romans getting defeated by the Persians but Romans emerging victorious after some years; and that will be the day when the believers would rejoice also.(30:3-6)
Then there are prophecies in Quran for the latter days or end of time concerning the condition of that distant period from different dimensions that could not be imagined earlier which have all been fulfilled in one way or the other.
One should have a little pause here and reflect; the signs have been mentioned in Quran that have been fulfilled but there is no literal mention of advent or re-advent of Issa/Masih/Ibne Maryam/Imam Mahdi in Quran. Contrarily Quran mentions Jesus having been put on Cross as intended by Jews clergy of those days (present Jews are not to be blamed) to complete his cursed death on Cross to prove him an untrue prophet, but Quran mentions his miraculous deliverance from Cross in near- death position; no doubt they could not kill Jesus and he died a natural death later in some point in the history. There are some thirty verses in Quran that prove that Jesus died a natural death, there is no mention of his bodily lifting from earth to sky, and hence no mention of his physical descent/nazul from sky to earth in Quran. My (Ahmadia view –a faith in Islam) interpretation is that all these titles have been bestowed on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad a.s by God; and he is the same Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi of whom Hazrat Muhammad s.a.w Khatam-un-Nabiyyin prophesized in his Hadith, a lot of them, metaphorically. This is what Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has claimed on a word from God. The crux of the issue is Wafate-Masih or natural death of Jesus, which could lead one to recognize Mirza Ghulam Ahmad a.s.
This is what I believe truth with a lot of reasons and arguments; others could believe as they find to their satisfaction to, no compulsion.
Thanks

Ok I heard a speaker on the internet speaking of Muslim Prophecy's. Does the Quran have Prophetic books in it? If so what does it say? Do Muslims believe in a return of a Messiah? How does his Return come about?

P.S. I cannot figure out how to corrected my poor spelling on this topic. I appalogize!

Salaam/peace;

there are some prophecies in holy Quran such as second coming of Prophet Jesus ( may peace of God Almighty be upon him ) , what will happen to the sky & earth ( i.e the whole Universe, mankind ) on the Last Day etc.

There is an interesting phephecy that came true during the life time of the Last Prophet (p) . It's written by an ex-Christian missionary. Pl. read.

The Amazing Qur'an
By Dr. Gary Miller

A Revelation - Abu Lahab
Prophet Muhammad (s) had an uncle by the name of Abu Lahab. This man hated Islam to such an extent that he used to follow the Prophet around in order to discredit him.

If Abu Lahab saw the Prophet (s) speaking to a stranger, he would wait until they parted and the would go to the stranger and ask him, "What did he tell you? Did he say, 'Black'? Well, it's white. Did he say 'morning'? Well, it's night."

He faithfully said the exact opposite of whatever he heard Muhammad (s) and the Muslims say. However, about ten years before Abu Lahab died, a little chapter in the Qur'an (Surah al-Lahab, 111) was revealed about him. It distinctly stated that he would go to the fire (i.e., Hell).

In other words, it affirmed that he would never become a Muslim and would therefore be condemned forever.

For ten years all Abu Lahab had to do was say, "I heard that it has been revealed to Muhammad that I will never change - that I will never become a Muslim and will enter the Hellfire. Well, I want to become Muslim now. How do you like that? What do you think of your divine revelation now?" But he never did that.

And yet, that is exactly the kind of behavior one would have expected from him since he always sought to contradict Islam.

In essence, Muhammad (s) said, "You hate me and you want to finish me? Here, say these words, and I am finished. Come on, say them!"

But Abu Lahab never said them. Ten years!

And in all that time he never accepted Islam or even became sympathetic to the Islamic cause.

How could Muhammad (s) possibly have known for sure that Abu Lahab would fulfil the Qur'anic revelation if he (i.e., Muhammad) was not truly the messenger of Allah?

How could he possibly have been so confident as to give someone 10 years to discredit his claim of prophethood?

The only answer is that he was Allah's messenger; for in order to put forth such a risky challenge, one has to be entirely convinced that he has a divine revelation.

The Amazing Qur'an
By Dr. Gary Miller

A Revelation - Abu Lahab
Prophet Muhammad (s) had an uncle by the name of Abu Lahab. This man hated Islam to such an extent that he used to follow the Prophet around in order to discredit him.

If Abu Lahab saw the Prophet (s) speaking to a stranger, he would wait until they parted and the would go to the stranger and ask him, "What did he tell you? Did he say, 'Black'? Well, it's white. Did he say 'morning'? Well, it's night."

He faithfully said the exact opposite of whatever he heard Muhammad (s) and the Muslims say. However, about ten years before Abu Lahab died, a little chapter in the Qur'an (Surah al-Lahab, 111) was revealed about him. It distinctly stated that he would go to the fire (i.e., Hell).

In other words, it affirmed that he would never become a Muslim and would therefore be condemned forever.

For ten years all Abu Lahab had to do was say, "I heard that it has been revealed to Muhammad that I will never change - that I will never become a Muslim and will enter the Hellfire. Well, I want to become Muslim now. How do you like that? What do you think of your divine revelation now?" But he never did that.

And yet, that is exactly the kind of behavior one would have expected from him since he always sought to contradict Islam.

In essence, Muhammad (s) said, "You hate me and you want to finish me? Here, say these words, and I am finished. Come on, say them!"

But Abu Lahab never said them. Ten years!

And in all that time he never accepted Islam or even became sympathetic to the Islamic cause.

How could Muhammad (s) possibly have known for sure that Abu Lahab would fulfil the Qur'anic revelation if he (i.e., Muhammad) was not truly the messenger of Allah?

How could he possibly have been so confident as to give someone 10 years to discredit his claim of prophethood?

The only answer is that he was Allah's messenger; for in order to put forth such a risky challenge, one has to be entirely convinced that he has a divine revelation.

So what if Abu Lahab did become Muslim? He'd have to recite the Surah Abu Lahab and believe that he was going to the fire.

I don't see this as a prophecy at all, it's simply the doors of Islam being shut closed in the face of Abu Lahab - how could he become a Muslim, when being a Muslim now meant that he had to condemn himself?

It's a lose-lose situation, he converts, he goes to hell, he doesn't convert, he still goes to hell.

Salaam/peace to u & all;

So what if Abu Lahab did become Muslim? .......
It's a lose-lose situation, he converts, he goes to hell, he doesn't convert, he still goes to hell.

nope, nope , no way

Allah says in Holy Quran....who repents and believes and does a good deed; so these are they of whom Allah changes the evil deeds to good ones; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. ( chapter 25: verse 70 )

So, it's clear that if anyone repents & accepts Islam , not only that his/her bad deeds are all gone but these are transferred as good deeds. Alhamdulillah.

So, how come it's a " lose-lose situation, he converts, he goes to hell" ??????

It proves that how confident was the Last Prophet (p) ; so he recited those verses that came to him through Angel Gabriel (p) . He did not hesitate to annouce that chapter as he was a true Prophet (p) , he knew that Abu Lahab will never become a Muslim.

Abu Lahab loved to scare many Muslims by telling them that wait & see , i will accept Islam today , i will accept Islam tomorrow etc, etc. Many Muslims thought how non-Muslims now tease them if really he accepts Islam but no ...not in long 10 years ....he never uttered 2 simple sentences those could save him from eternal hell fire....there is no god but God and Muhammed (p) is the Last Prophet (p).

May be , to u it's not a prophecy but to me , yap it is :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how come it's a " lose-lose situation, he converts, he goes to hell" ??????

Because if he (Abu Lahab) had converted, Surah Abu Lahab would still stand and he would still be condemned to hell - unless it's possible to cancel a Surah after it has been revealed?

Baha'is feel that the Qu'ranic and Biblic prophecies of the Return were fulfilled by Baha'u'llah.

Salaam;
Because if he (Abu Lahab) had converted, Surah Abu Lahab would still stand and he would still be condemned to hell - unless it's possible to cancel a Surah after it has been revealed?

can u imagine the embarassing situation of the Muslims if Abu Lahab embraced Islam? How come in long 10 years , he never uttered 2 simple sentences & missed a great chance to show everybody that hey, look , Quran is false ???

Salaam;

can u imagine the embarassing situation of the Muslims if Abu Lahab embraced Islam? How come in long 10 years , he never uttered 2 simple sentences & missed a great chance to show everybody that hey, look , Quran is false ???

Wasalaam

I think if Abu Lahab had tried to embrace Islam he would have been told "tough luck, Allah has already spoken and you (Abu Lahab) have been condemned".

I think he would have been in the same position as Firaun (just before he drowned), or even Iblis... they're all too late, their invitations have been revoked.

Do you know what prophecy I think would be great for discussing? The one about the Romans being victorious over the Persians after having been defeated by them...

Salaam;
Wasalaam

I think if Abu Lahab had tried to embrace Islam he would have been told "tough luck, Allah has already spoken and you (Abu Lahab) have been condemned".

I think he would have been in the same position as Firaun (just before he drowned), or even Iblis... they're all too late, their invitations have been revoked.

Do you know what prophecy I think would be great for discussing? The one about the Romans being victorious over the Persians after having been defeated by them...

harita21.jpg

The Dead Sea basin where Byzantium was defeated by Persians.
Above is a satellite photograph of the region.

The Lake of Lut region, which is the lowest region of the world, is 395 meter below the sea level.

THE VICTORY OF BYZANTIUM
An astonishing prediction is found in the first verses of Surat ar-Rum, which refers to the Byzantine Empire, the eastern part of the later Roman Empire: The Byzantine Empire, which had met with a great defeat, would soon gain victory.

Alif, Lam, Mim. The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, but after their defeat they will be victorious within three to nine years. The affair is Allah's from beginning to end. On that day, the believers will rejoice. (Qur'an, 30:1-4)

The Geological Miracle in Noble Verses 30:2-5 (the place where the Romans were defeated):
The sections of this article are:
1- Dr. Zaghlool Al-Naggar's image and my translation of it.
2- More proofs from more Noble Verses regarding the word "lowest" (
[FONT=&quot]ادنى[/FONT]).
3- Scientific quotes from Western sources proving that the Dead Sea area is the lowest spot on earth!
clip_image001.gif

4- Conclusion.
5- Rebuttals.

The Geological Miracle in Noble Verses 30:2-5 (the place where the Romans were defeated).

30:2 The Romans have been defeated -
30:3 In the lowest land on earth; but they, (even) after (this) defeat of theirs, will soon be victorious-

IslamonLine.net

Ar-Rum (The Romans)
Name
The Surah takes its name Ar-Rum from the second verse in which the words ghulibat-ir-Rum have occurred.

... In those days the Sassanid victories against Byzantium were the talk of the town, and the pagans of Makkah were delighted and were taunting the Muslims to the effect: "Look the fire worshipers of Iran are winning victories and the Christian believers in Revelation and Prophethood are being routed everywhere.

Likewise, we, the idol worshipers of Arabia, will exterminate you and your religion."

These were the conditions when this Surah of the Quran was sent down, and in it a prediction was made, saying:
"The Romans have been vanquished in the neighboring land and within a few years after their defeat, they shall be victorious. And it will be the day when the believers will rejoice in the victory granted by Allah." It contained not one but two predictions: First, the Romans shall be Victorious; and second, the Muslims also shall win a victory at the same time. Apparently, there was not a remote chance of the fulfillment of the either prediction in the next few years.

.... as the British historian Gibbon says, even seven to eight years after this prediction of the Quran, the conditions were such that no one could even imagine that the Byzantine Empire would ever gain an upper hand over Iran. Not to speak of gaining domination, no one could hope that the Empire, under the circumstances, would even survive.
... Great are the powers of Allah, this was the very year when the Muslims achieved a decisive victory at Badr for the first time against the mushriks. Thus both the predictions made in Surah Rum were fulfilled simultaneously within the stipulated period of ten years.

..... Khusrau Parvez was imprisoned and 18 of his sons were executed in front of him and a few days later he himself died in the prison.

This was the year when the peace treaty of Hudaibiya was concluded, which the Quran has termed as "the supreme victory", and in this very year Khusrau's son, Qubad II, gave up all the occupied Roman territories, restored the True Cross and made peace with Byzantium. In 628 A. D., the Emperor himself went to Jerusalem to install the "Holy Cross" in its place, and in the same year the Holy Prophet entered Makkah for the first time after the Hijrah to perform the `Umra-tul-Qada'.

After this no one could have any doubt about the truth of the prophecy of the Quran, with the result that most of the Arab polytheists accepted Islam. The heirs of Ubayy bin Khalaf lost their bet and had to give a hundred camels to Hadrat Abu Bakr Siddiq. He took them before the Holy Prophet, who ordered that they be given away in charity, because the bet had been made at a time when gambling had not yet been forbidden by the Shari`ah; now it was forbidden
&&&

Salaam;
Yes, but they are not as evident to non-Baha'is just as proofs of Mohammad (pbum) in the Bible are not as evident to non-muslims. If you wish to learn more about proofs straight from the Sacred Writtings they can be found at The Baha'is: Writings of Bahá’u’lláh

-Seeker

thanks for giving the link...i just visited it. Can u be more specific , pl ? Exactly which part to read to know how he fulfilled the prophecies ?

Salaam;

Prediction in the Quranhttp://www.miraclesofthequran.com/predictions_01.html

THE VICTORY OF BYZANTIUM

watch video

MIRACLES OF THE QUR’AN

Harun Yahya - An Invitation to The Truth

The unique style of the Qur’an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago, and the superior wisdom it represents are definite proof that it is the word of Allah. Additionally, the Qur’an has many miraculous aspects which prove that it is sent by Allah.

One of them is that some scientific facts, which we have only been able to discover by the technology of the 20th century, were stated in the Qur’an 1400 years ago.

These facts which could not have been known at the time of the Qur’an’s revelation once again show to the man of today that the Qur’an is the word of Allah.

Salaam;

thanks for giving the link...i just visited it. Can u be more specific , pl ? Exactly which part to read to know how he fulfilled the prophecies ?

For that i'd read The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Back