identifying...Babylon the great

Re: Babylon the great

kenod said:
Do you know if the RC church has formally renounced the use of force to get heretics to recant? I'm not suggesting it still happens, but I'm wondering if the belief that we should "compel" them to come in is still official doctrine.

Because the rules to allow such are still on the books. And there still is the office of inquisition, only it now has a different name. In fact the office has had three name changes in the past 100 or so years. Why? The Catholic church still has the authority to excommunicate Catholics for heretical thoughts.

Quahom1 said:
The city of Rome is known for another religion that spans the entire world...Liberalism. Now this "religion" is not passive, it is so strong it is wrecking havoc even in the United States. It is not a "let it be" religion, as it is as we live and breathe, attempting to remove anything Christian from the world mind. It wants parents to lose their rights to raising their children as they see fit, it wants marriage convoluted, it wants the laws that God gave to man erased. It wants talk of the Christian God shut down on the radio waves, on the internet, and even in the houses of families.

No other religion is being attacked by this force (yet), because Christianity really puts a kink in its "do as we please, and as we say" style. Most faiths tend to adapt some of the Liberalism religion, except for core Christianity.

And the Liberalism religion is growing faster than any other religion on earth...

Those that run this religion are not stupid, they let other religions do the work for them, but once they feel satisfied that all obstacles are out of the way...all religions will be destroyed.
Let me see if I understand this. The leberals are Babylon the Great. I never thought about it like this. Rush Limbaugh would love this.

I see this empire or city as three potential scenarios 1) Political 2) Business and 3) Religious. A Political empire (i.e. Liberal) would have to be ruled out because the Bible states in Rev 17:1 that the kings of the earth (political elements) committed fornification with her.

It can't be business either because Rev 18:11 says "the traveling merchants (business) of the earth are weeping and mourning over her". Rev 18:23 says "no light of a lamp will shine in you again and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again because your traveling merchants (business) were the top ranking men of the earth, for your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled". Sounds like it's referring to religious here.

Notice it says "all the nations" were misled so there it is not just one religion or county either. So this narrows down Bablylon the Great to be a religious empire (not business or government) that would be common to all the nations which soulnds like a pretty mass scale bigger than just the liberal group.

Originally Posted by Quahom1
The city of Rome is known for another religion that spans the entire world...Liberalism. Now this "religion" is not passive, it is so strong it is wrecking havoc even in the United States. It is not a "let it be" religion, as it is as we live and breathe, attempting to remove anything Christian from the world mind. It wants parents to lose their rights to raising their children as they see fit, it wants marriage convoluted, it wants the laws that God gave to man erased. It wants talk of the Christian God shut down on the radio waves, on the internet, and even in the houses of families.

No other religion is being attacked by this force (yet), because Christianity really puts a kink in its "do as we please, and as we say" style. Most faiths tend to adapt some of the Liberalism religion, except for core Christianity.

And the Liberalism religion is growing faster than any other religion on earth...

Those that run this religion are not stupid, they let other religions do the work for them, but once they feel satisfied that all obstacles are out of the way...all religions will be destroyed.
Namaste Q,

I tried to find some info on this, can you provide some more enlightenment?

It sounds so similar to what Hillary always complained about that the 'they' were always out to get Bill. Other side of the fence but sounds like the same type of conspiracy.

Who are those that run this religion, who are 'they'?

I found two possible windows to what you are speaking, is either of them correct?

http://www.ewtn.com/library/theology/libsin.HTM
http://www.jaygaskill.com/liberalismasreligion.htm

tommy said:
Let me see if I understand this. The leberals are Babylon the Great. I never thought about it like this. Rush Limbaugh would love this.

I see this empire or city as three potential scenarios 1) Political 2) Business and 3) Religious. A Political empire (i.e. Liberal) would have to be ruled out because the Bible states in Rev 17:1 that the kings of the earth (political elements) committed fornification with her.

It can't be business either because Rev 18:11 says "the traveling merchants (business) of the earth are weeping and mourning over her". Rev 18:23 says "no light of a lamp will shine in you again and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again because your traveling merchants (business) were the top ranking men of the earth, for your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled". Sounds like it's referring to religious here.

Notice it says "all the nations" were misled so there it is not just one religion or county either. So this narrows down Bablylon the Great to be a religious empire (not business or government) that would be common to all the nations which soulnds like a pretty mass scale bigger than just the liberal group.

No, that is not what I said. I said the new religion called the Liberalism Religion makes the US and European "Liberals" (political preference), look like conservatives. Try reading my post again.

v/r

Q

wil said:
Namaste Q,

I tried to find some info on this, can you provide some more enlightenment?

It sounds so similar to what Hillary always complained about that the 'they' were always out to get Bill. Other side of the fence but sounds like the same type of conspiracy.

Who are those that run this religion, who are 'they'?

I found two possible windows to what you are speaking, is either of them correct?

http://www.ewtn.com/library/theology/libsin.HTM
http://www.jaygaskill.com/liberalismasreligion.htm

Rather laced with disdain in their opening remarks, however they do identify some key objectives and strategies, of the Liberalism Religion force.

As far as "who" is running this religion? I'm working on that, but one has to work backwards to the "source". And I'm not ready to give an "opinion" on that as of yet, until I'm certain I have my facts straight. One method I am using however is tracing back leaders of various groups of influence, today. I look for who they answer to, and what affiliations they have, and if there is crossover between one or a series of these groups. For example, what is behind the ACLU (as an entity in general), and the Teachers Union (again as an entity in general). In otherwords, who do they get their marching orders from? Next, track back behind the new leads, to see where they get their orders from.

Sort of like "reverse engineering"...;)

To me it is an eye opener, and an excercize in discovery and reality.

kenod said:
I am wondering how you understand the reference to 666:
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.(Rev 13:18)

yes, 666 misses the mark of perfection in a big way, 3 for making a pointA clue to the meaning of 666 lies in its being "a man’s number," or as The Amplified Bible puts it, "a human number."
the beast’s having "a human number," or mark, suggests that it is a human entity

mee said:
yes, 666 misses the mark of perfection in a big way, 3 for making a pointA clue to the meaning of 666 lies in its being "a man’s number," or as The Amplified Bible puts it, "a human number."
the beast’s having "a human number," or mark, suggests that it is a human entity

It is the number of "man", not a man...read Revelations again.

Quahom1 said:
No, that is not what I said. I said the new religion called the Liberalism Religion makes the US and European "Liberals" (political preference), look like conservatives. Try reading my post again.

v/r

Q
Thanks Josh, I see what you mean how is makes US look like Liberals. For the most part I wanted to hear from others if they thought Bablylon the Great was religious, nation or business. Also, if it was on a large scale to encompass many religions or if most folks thought one religion or nation.

Quahom1 said:
the reason it is a number of man ,is because manmade things will always miss the mark of perfection ,7 being the number of perfection regarding things on the earth. so 666 says it all really.

Quahom1 said:

Which suggests it may be a title of a role rather than a particular man's name. Anyway, we are told to count, or calculate, the number ... sounds like a maths calculation ... adding the number value of the letters, maybe? Any ideas?

kenod said:
Which suggests it may be a title of a role rather than a particular man's name. Anyway, we are told to count, or calculate, the number ... sounds like a maths calculation ... adding the number value of the letters, maybe? Any ideas?

The Bible answers, saying: "All [humans] have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) The beast’s having "a human number," therefore, indicates that governments reflect the fallen human condition, the mark of sin and imperfection.

mee said:

Oops, Mee, I apologize. You are correct. It is the number of "a man". So there is only one with that number.

v/r

Q

kenod said:
I am wondering how you understand the reference to 666:
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.(Rev 13:18)

Here you go. It is a formula and an explanation of how it can work, and examples of how others force it to work.

v/r

Q

http://religion-cults.com/antichrist/666.htm

kenod said:
Do you know if the RC church has formally renounced the use of force to get heretics to recant? I'm not suggesting it still happens, but I'm wondering if the belief that we should "compel" them to come in is still official doctrine.

Excommunicee, or "shunning" is a powerful psychological tool to use against a human being (which is a socially dependent creature). To say, "you are excluded, or banned", or are "persona non grata", is in a way a mini hell. To be isolated from a group is emotionally and psychologically damaging, especially if there are long ties to that group...

The church simply learned to use man's own fear of isolation, to their advantage. However, excommunication is rarely used today, mostly for grevious harm brought to the church by a person, or group.

v/r

Q

when ancient Babylon fell she continued to function, but with one big difference—God’s people, Israel, were no longer held captive. They returned to Jerusalem to restore true worship there. its the same today ,Babylon the great has already fallen , but she nolonger has any power over true christians, they are restoring true worship. interesting stuff i would say.

mee said:
when ancient Babylon fell she continued to function, but with one big difference—God’s people, Israel, were no longer held captive. They returned to Jerusalem to restore true worship there. its the same today ,Babylon the great has already fallen , but she nolonger has any power over true christians, they are restoring true worship. interesting stuff i would say.

Hmmm, Israel is getting nailed on all sides, and Christians aren't the chosen people, they are the grafted branches to the tree of life. Babylon hasn't fallen yet, since the nation of Israel is still under extreme pressure, and fights daily to be kept from being captive. And "somebody" is making their life miserable...And dare say, who are "true Christians"?

Quahom1 said:
Hmmm, Israel is getting nailed on all sides, and Christians aren't the chosen people, they are the grafted branches to the tree of life. Babylon hasn't fallen yet, since the nation of Israel is still under extreme pressure, and fights daily to be kept from being captive. And "somebody" is making their life miserable...And dare say, who are "true Christians"?
the book of revelation is well and truly for our day, and babylon the great has well and truly fallen , Jesus said at the beginning of the book of revelation ,
A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, revelation 1;1 the book of revelation was to show HIS SLAVES the things that must shortly take place, .........yes Jesus slaves are being shown many things concerning the book of revelation, and true christians are Jesus slaves and he is using those slaves to reveal many things , and those slaves have a great responsibility to make it known. matthew 24;45-47 yes the slaves of God are SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES,not fleshly . the fleshly nation of Israelites, did not want to be slaves of Jesus , individuals from that nation did , but the nation as a whole did not listen to the voice of God , they rejected Jesus as Gods representative, and as Exodus says
"And now ...IF.... you will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then you will certainly become my special property out of all other peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. And you yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation."—Ex. 19:5, they had the first choice to become kings and priests in the heavenly kingdom goverment ,that was eventually set up in 1914 in the heavens , but they did not want to accept Jesus ,who would be the future king of this kingdom.
God has placed his favor upon a new nation consisting, not of fleshly Israelites, but of spiritual Israelites. Jehovah works through a new nation. yes the spiritual israelites know that Babylon the great has fallen, she no longer has any power over Gods people , the spiritual israelites are nolonger under her control, they are restoring pure worship. yes the book of revelation is for our day, and since the last days , which started in 1914 , many things in the book of revelation are happening to Gods people , thrilling times indeed

mee said:
the book of revelation is well and truly for our day, and babylon the great has well and truly fallen , Jesus said at the beginning of the book of revelation ,
A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, revelation 1;1 the book of revelation was to show HIS SLAVES the things that must shortly take place, .........yes Jesus slaves are being shown many things concerning the book of revelation, and true christians are Jesus slaves and he is using those slaves to reveal many things , and those slaves have a great responsibility to make it known. matthew 24;45-47 yes the slaves of God are SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES,not fleshly . the fleshly nation of Israelites, did not want to be slaves of Jesus , individuals from that nation did , but the nation as a whole did not listen to the voice of God , they rejected Jesus as Gods representative, and as Exodus says
"And now ...IF.... you will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then you will certainly become my special property out of all other peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. And you yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation."—Ex. 19:5, they had the first choice to become kings and priests in the heavenly kingdom goverment ,that was eventually set up in 1914 in the heavens , but they did not want to accept Jesus ,who would be the future king of this kingdom.
God has placed his favor upon a new nation consisting, not of fleshly Israelites, but of spiritual Israelites. Jehovah works through a new nation. yes the spiritual israelites know that Babylon the great has fallen, she no longer has any power over Gods people , the spiritual israelites are nolonger under her control, they are restoring pure worship. yes the book of revelation is for our day, and since the last days , which started in 1914 , many things in the book of revelation are happening to Gods people , thrilling times indeed

Yep, in our day...it was written 2000 years ago.

Quahom1 said:
Yep, in our day...it was written 2000 years ago.
Daniel 12;4
And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant............"As most bible students realize many of the prophecies in the book of revelation are tied up with the prophecies in Daniel . yes make no mistake about it , the book of revelation most certainly is for our day ,it is being revealed and uncovered and we are now in the Lords day, and have been since 1914 when Jesus was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment, thrilling times indeed

Back