Daily Wisdom Saying

Teach me your mood, O patient stars,
Who climb each night the ancient sky,
Leaving on space no shade, no scars,
No trace of age, no fear to die.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be satisfied with a little, is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.

Akhenaton

Namaste, Peace to All Here--

If this one has already been posted, please forgive--I know you will:

Where is the Life we have lost in living? --T.S.Elliot (added caps mine)

InPeace,
InLove

Hi,
This is my first post. I joined this forum because of this thread. hehe, yea dumb reason but it's fun reading these little wisdom from different people. here are few of my own

Let me be me, and I'll let you be you. - me

When in doubt, doubt your doubt. -me

"Good things come to those who wait." - someone i forgot

What is more difficult than breaking-up? Well there is breaking-in. - me (refers to a girlfriend relationship) ;)

"Listen to this." "Listen to what?" - me

Welcome to CR, nonreligiouspersona. LOL! I love the screen name. You have to be very original to find a good one with all letters!;)

I love the sayings by "me". Guess that would actually be you, of course:) .

You made me smile--(me--InLove)

InPeace,
InLove

Sup InLove and everyone around you,
Thanks. Well I'm here whenever I am.

Ok so while I was away I remembered up few new "wisdom".

It's a bird, It's a plane, No! It's.... it's just that you need an eye exam. - me

You may laugh at me for being different, but I laugh at you for being all same. - my friend (Nick)

Live simple so others may simply live - Mohandas Gandhi

Got Milk? :rolleyes:

“The earth provides enough for everyman’s needs but not for everyman’s greed.”

--Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Gandiji)

Didn't take time to read through the whole thread--forgive me. Probably (hopefully) posted before, but worth posting again.

By the way--I have been searching--I am looking for a quote by Gandhi that goes something like this: When you are doing it, cleaning the toilet is the most important job.

Anyone know the exact quote?

(Reminds me of George Harrison--"I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping...") I love and miss George.

InPeace,
InLove

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I used to be bad, but I don't have to be bad no more." --Paul McCartney

"May our heart's garden of awakening bloom with hundreds of flowers." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I don't know who originally said this (officially, anyway) but for now I will just attribute it to a sailor friend of mine:

"Water seeks its own level." --quoted to me by Quahom1:)

Tested, tried, and true, everytime.

InPeace
InLove

"Being yourself doesn't mean you hate to live in fear. It means free from confusion and influences." -me

"Make love not war, condoms are cheaper than guns"

"just like men who thought they found the secret to flight, there are fools who thought they found wisdom" - again me

Paul Tillich:

Being religious means asking passionately the question of the meaning of our existence and being willing to receive answers, even if the answers hurt.
Saturday Evening Post, June 14, 1958

Back