Omniscience and Free Will - Can both exist?

I see...

Our scripture, the Quran, does not limit the power or knowledge of God.

To each his own I guess.
:confused: tell me , why do you think that Gods power and knowledge is limited because he does not make a plane crash? HE CHOOSES what to foresee .

Jehovah is unique in power. Jeremiah 10:6 says: "In no way is there anyone like you, O Jehovah. You are great, and your name is great in mightiness."

Note that mightiness, or power, is linked with Jehovah’s name.

Remember, this name means "He Causes to Become." What enables Jehovah to cause himself to become whatever he chooses? Power, for one thing. Yes, Jehovah’s ability to act, to carry out his will, is unlimited. Such power is one of his essential attributes.

man is puny and powerless when compared with the God of power, Jehovah.

To him, even mighty nations are like a mere film of dust on a pair of scales. (Isaiah 40:15)

Unlike any creature, Jehovah has unlimited power, for he alone is called "the Almighty." (Revelation 15:3)

Jehovah is "vigorous in power" and possesses an "abundance of dynamic energy." (Isaiah 40:26)

He is the ever-plentiful, inexhaustible source of power. He depends upon no outside source for energy, for "strength belongs to God." (Psalm 62:11)

:confused: tell me , why do you think that Gods power and knowledge is limited because he does not make a plane crash? HE CHOOSES what to foresee .

Jehovah is unique in power. Jeremiah 10:6 says: "In no way is there anyone like you, O Jehovah. You are great, and your name is great in mightiness."

Note that mightiness, or power, is linked with Jehovah’s name.

Remember, this name means "He Causes to Become." What enables Jehovah to cause himself to become whatever he chooses? Power, for one thing. Yes, Jehovah’s ability to act, to carry out his will, is unlimited. Such power is one of his essential attributes.

man is puny and powerless when compared with the God of power, Jehovah.

To him, even mighty nations are like a mere film of dust on a pair of scales. (Isaiah 40:15)

Unlike any creature, Jehovah has unlimited power, for he alone is called "the Almighty." (Revelation 15:3)

Jehovah is "vigorous in power" and possesses an "abundance of dynamic energy." (Isaiah 40:26)

He is the ever-plentiful, inexhaustible source of power. He depends upon no outside source for energy, for "strength belongs to God." (Psalm 62:11)

Like you said, that you think God does not know when a person will die. That means that you think that God lacks the knowledge of the future. That means that He can not (according to that view) be All Knowing.

Similarly, if you accept that God has total control of that plane that crashed, to say that it crashed means that it was God's will that it crashed. So if God is All Powerful, He is in Control of EVERYTHING all the time.

Like you said, that you think God does not know when a person will die. That means that you think that God lacks the knowledge of the future. That means that He can not (according to that view) be All Knowing.

Similarly, if you accept that God has total control of that plane that crashed, to say that it crashed means that it was God's will that it crashed. So if God is All Powerful, He is in Control of EVERYTHING all the time.
he chooses what to foresee, and remember man chose to go independant of God , back in the garden of eden, so for now God is allowing man to rule himself , and he has also allowed the wicked one satan the devil to rule the earth and influence man .
1 john 5;19

freewill is what we were given.

its a case of man is being allowed to get on with what he is doing .

but as the bible informs us it will not go on for ever because the God of the bible is going to step in at his appointed time and put an end to manmade rulership as DANIEL 2;44 informs us .

Jehovah is the most high God , and nothing can stand in his way when it comes to his purpose for the earth.

and remember man chose to go independant of God

vs
----------------------------------------------------------

Jehovah is the most high God , and nothing can stand in his way when it comes to his purpose for the earth.

There seems to be a contradiction Mee, lets examine this statement of yours: "remember man chose to go independent of God". I think you will have to define what you mean by "independent". If by independent you mean, go against the commandments of God, that is one thing. But if by independent, you mean that man even has the option to go against the Will of God... then that is a completely separate issue.

I agree with you that man has the "choice" (in a sense) to disobey God. In that sense, we are independent, (at least superficially). However, to say that man has the power to go against the Will of God would imply that God somehow lacks the power to control the will of Man. I await your response, I think we are making progress.

There seems to be a contradiction Mee, lets examine this statement of yours: "remember man chose to go independent of God". quote]

yes ,if we go back to that first commandment that God gave to Adam , DO NOT EAT FROM THAT TREE he chose to disregard Gods way of ruling , and chose to listen to others way (satan ) when eve said to him have some fruit , he should have stuck by Gods laws, instead of listening to his wife who had been influenced by satan.

its all about that issue of universal sovreignty, who has the right to rule ,God or satan .

now after all this time we know that humans ruling themselves independant of God is not good at all .

Jehovah could have squashed Adam and eve out of exsistence right after their rebellion, but because of his great mercy he allowed them to have children and to put some thing into place to rescue them from sin and death and it is the RANSOM

@ Mee

There seems to be a contradiction Mee, lets examine this statement of yours: "remember man chose to go independent of God". quote]

yes ,if we go back to that first commandment that God gave to Adam , DO NOT EAT FROM THAT TREE he chose to disregard Gods way of ruling , and chose to listen to others way (satan ) when eve said to him have some fruit , he should have stuck by Gods laws, instead of listening to his wife who had been influenced by satan.

its all about that issue of universal sovreignty, who has the right to rule ,God or satan .

now after all this time we know that humans ruling themselves independant of God is not good at all .

Jehovah could have squashed Adam and eve out of exsistence right after their rebellion, but because of his great mercy he allowed them to have children and to put some thing into place to rescue them from sin and death and it is the RANSOM

Hey Mee,

Well, since I follow the Quran, in our scripture the story is a little different. First of all, Adam did not choose to disregard the commandment of God, but simply forgot (it did not happen right after God commanded him but presumably many years afterword, when Adam had grown old). Satan tempted Adam by lying to him, telling him that the fruit would make him an immortal Angel. Also, Eve did not have any part of it, according to the Quran.

But lets move on. I see your answer, but let me now rephrase the question and see if your conclusion changes: Did God foresee this mistake by Adam when God created him? Similarly, did God foresee the rebellion of Satan when God created him?

Back