Can Muslims be friends with Jews and Christians?

Let us see how Mohammad peace upon hem give us an great example to deal with other non muslims:)

The Prophet had Jewish neighbor. Everyday the neighbor would throw his garbage at the Prophet’s door! Then, one day, the garbage stopped appearing.
The Prophet wondered why and asked people about what had happened to his neighbor. He was told that the neighbor was sick, in bed.
So, the Prophet went and visited his Jewish neighbor to make sure he’s OK and to wish him well.

Consider as example the following quotations

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"But those firm in knowledge among them (People of the Book) and the believers believe in what has been revealed before you. And the establishers of prayer (especially) and the givers of poor-due (zakah) and the believers in God and the Last Day—those We will give a great reward. Indeed We have revealed to you (O Muhammad), as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And We revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, the Descendence, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book (of Psalms)." Qur’an, 4:162-163.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And most surely of the followers of the Book, there are those who believe in Allah, and (in) that which has been revealed to you, and (in) that which has been revealed to them, bowing in humility to Allah; they will not sell the signs of Allah for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord; surely Allah is quick in account." Qur’an, 3:199.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Prophet (p) also said:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Let it be known, if any one (Muslim) commits injustice, insults, aggravates, mistreats or abuses a person of the People of the Book (protected, by the state or an agreement), he will have to answer me (for his immoral action) on the Day of Judgment." Abi Yousef, Khiraj, see Izzeddin Blaque, Minhaj Alsaliheen, Page 106.

[/FONT]

Hi Friend--

Thank you for that. I thought of that passage, as well. :)

InPeace,
InLove

I have not read it all but a fair amount.

Then how can you understand what I mean...

I think that your implied claim that anyone who has read The Bible would immediately accept that the modern State of Israel should be supported is patronising and false.

No I was certainly not implying that.. satan can read the bible and he would never support Israel.

You appear to be argueing that you are right because you are right.

I am sorry that you are unable to produce no arguement or reasoning to support your opinion.

There are many Christians who active support the Palestinian cause and not only Palestinian Christians.

I personally dont know any true Christians that support the palestinians over Israel.. There are many who claim the name Christian and are not so... but Im sure you know this.
How do you decide who is a true Christian?

And on what authority do you judge?

We only have salvation from God, not Israel nor any other country

Yes of course.. but had there not been the original Olive tree (Israel).. there would be no grafting in of the wild branches which are the gentiles. i will post the scripture for you.

Romans 11:16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."

Are you argueing that without Israel God would be unable to offer salvation to mankind?

If so what about those who lived inbetween the disintegration of Israel {prior to the birth of Jesus (pbuh)} and the new state of Israel being formed?

If you are not argueing this then what are you presenting?

Perhaps you could detail the disasters which have befallen the German People as a result of their murder of many of the 'Chosen people'.

Considering Hitler committed suicide.. his nazi officers have been sentenced to death or are hiding... there is no longer a nazi regime period.. If you do not think that Germany is horrified at what they did to the jews then you just need to do some research..

Yes, Hitler commited suicide and a very very few Nazis were sentenced to death (many changed identities and lived elsewhere, but is that really punishment for mass murder?).

Germany as a country has hardly suffered in the way you claim will befall any Country who go against the Jews.

I suggest that you do some research and knock off the totally unjustified patronising tone.

Hello, Abubakar--

I apologize for not greeting you as well as I could. It is just that there is no time right now for me to look up the proper Islamic greeting.

Will you accept and honor a simple "Hello"?

I am one of those people who thinks it is possible for all of us to get along, especially when we really need to.

Are you one of those people?

There are people all over this world who cannot and maybe never will be willing to see the points you are wanting to make.

It happens all over the world, from one generation to another; from place to place.

Faithfulservant isn't bad. She does not want to hurt you. She just believes what she believes. Do you know anything about her beliefs? Or do you want to tell your own?

Both are your beliefs.

I find myself wondering what the problem is.

InPeace,
InLove

Hello, Abubakar--

I apologize for not greeting you as well as I could. It is just that there is no time right now for me to look up the proper Islamic greeting.

Will you accept and honor a simple "Hello"?

I am one of those people who thinks it is possible for all of us to get along, especially when we really need to.

Are you one of those people?

There are people all over this world who cannot and maybe never will be willing to see the points you are wanting to make.

It happens all over the world, from one generation to another; from place to place.

Faithfulservant isn't bad. She does not want to hurt you. She just believes what she believes. Do you know anything about her beliefs? Or do you want to tell your own?

Both are your beliefs.

I find myself wondering what the problem is.

InPeace,
InLove

Asalam Aleykum InLove

Hello is fine, the warmth of the greeting is more important the the phrasiology!

I am here because I believe that we (or nearly all of us) can get along.

I have re-read my posts and accept that I have probably been a little harsh or sharp towards Faithfulservant. I fully accept that she can and does believe what she believes. I do not understand why she believes that she has to support the State of Israel as part of her Christian beliefs, I don't see any Christian doctrine justifies this stance.

Thanks for your post.

Peace

the problem was that faithful servant mocked abubakar, saying have you read teh bible, i would like to ask her if she has read it fully? i dont remember raeding that israel is responsible for making you a christian or saving you. the religion prescribed by God would and could never be dependant on a country existing.id say more thanks should be owede to the romans for you being saved as tehy were the ones who adopted christianity, and brought it across europe to us. i know youre saying this because christianity stemed from judaism, which was practised in israel, i wouldnt neccessarily praise them for making you christian, because if tehy had their way they'd have killed jesus asap, making him unable to preach what you beleive, so it wasnt the jews that saved you....you will beleive its jesus, or as a christian i think you would anyway...whereas i, dont beleive a human being can save me from my sins...but lets not go into that for now

the problem was that faithful servant mocked abubakar, saying have you read teh bible, i would like to ask her if she has read it fully? i dont remember raeding that israel is responsible for making you a christian or saving you. the religion prescribed by God would and could never be dependant on a country existing.id say more thanks should be owede to the romans for you being saved as tehy were the ones who adopted christianity, and brought it across europe to us. i know youre saying this because christianity stemed from judaism, which was practised in israel, i wouldnt neccessarily praise them for making you christian, because if tehy had their way they'd have killed jesus asap, making him unable to preach what you beleive, so it wasnt the jews that saved you....you will beleive its jesus, or as a christian i think you would anyway...whereas i, dont beleive a human being can save me from my sins...but lets not go into that for now
Assallaam aleykum Brother

A belated Eid Mubarrack and my best wishes to you and your family.

I agree that Faithful servant response to me seems mainly mockery and attempted put downs. I put this down to that maybe she has not thought through what she believes but is repeating someone elses beliefs she has adopted as her own.

I can see no rationale for her support for Israel as a religious obligation, but maybe she can justify it.

I believe that if she examines her present belief that she will see that she is limiting God, something that is not part of the Christian nor Muslim (nor Jewish) belief.

We must remember that whilst in Islam are delighted and encouraging to anyone who reads Al Qu'ran or shows an interest in our Religion, not everyone feels like that and believe that Satan can use their Holy Book against them. Of course, I do know plenty of Christians who are pleased with my knowledge of The Bible and we are able to share the many ideas that are common to our different Religions.

Peace

well said,if she can find something then fair enough, but when i was christian i never had that feeling or interpretation from the bible or anything, i think its good for us to have knowledge of other faiths, im going to study islam 1st, as onyl been muslim for 9 and half months, when i know more i want to study judaism for some reson and iA i want to look into the bible in more depth.i see your a revert too.inshaAllah He will incraese your knowldge also with time and keep us all learing in islam and succeeding with deen

well said,if she can find something then fair enough, but when i was christian i never had that feeling or interpretation from the bible or anything, i think its good for us to have knowledge of other faiths, im going to study islam 1st, as onyl been muslim for 9 and half months, when i know more i want to study judaism for some reson and iA i want to look into the bible in more depth.i see your a revert too.inshaAllah He will incraese your knowldge also with time and keep us all learing in islam and succeeding with deen
Asallaam aleykum Brother,

I am happy to hear of your convertion/revertion, may allah blessyou on your journey as a Muslim. It is true I am also a revert (although a year or two longer than yourself!) and we are spoiled by those who were born and raised in Muslim families. If you ever have any questions that you think I can help you with or wish to discuss with me, please feel free to pm me. There is a life time of learning ahead of us!

I come from a Christian family and am not familiar with anything in The Bible that supports Faithfulservants claims.

Peace

Hi--me again. :rolleyes: :)

I just wanted to stop in because I feel I owe an apology to both Abubaker and Faithfulservant. I interrupted your conversation and I shouldn't have. I mean, how are we ever going to understand one another if we don't try and communicate?

Sometimes--and yesterday was one of those days--things in this world just don't make much sense to me. And I get kind of "down" when I want to see people come together, and it doesn't really happen. And then I open my mouth (or keyboard, in this case) when I shouldn't.

So, anyway--I hope I didn't offend too much, and again--I apologize for comments I feel may have been a little out of line. :) :eek:

InPeace,
InLove

Im not arguing with anyone.. This isnt an issue to argue..

I am sorry that you are unable to produce no arguement or reasoning to support your opinion.

The same goes for you on your beliefs Im thinking

By their fruits.. like the bible tells me to.

Im identifying fruit like the bible tells me to.

Are you argueing that without Israel God would be unable to offer salvation to mankind?

unable is not the word.. more like unwilling. He chose a people to fulfill his plan that people was Israel.. by those same peoples our savior was able to save everyone... Its the gospel of Jesus Christ.. Im not speaking of new things its all there.

If so what about those who lived inbetween the disintegration of Israel {prior to the birth of Jesus (pbuh)} and the new state of Israel being formed?

Did you read Romans chapter 11? Read it again maybe? I dont think I can interpret it better than the bible states it.

If you are not argueing this then what are you presenting

You misunderstand me.. Im not arguing with anyone..

Yes, Hitler commited suicide and a very very few Nazis were sentenced to death (many changed identities and lived elsewhere, but is that really punishment for mass murder?).

Germany as a country has hardly suffered in the way you claim will befall any Country who go against the Jews.

I suggest that you do some research and knock off the totally unjustified patronising tone.

Yes I know about 5 thousand were tried during the nuremburg trials... they were following orders.. alot like people strapping bombs on their and walking into a crowded restaurant. The bible tells us that God appoints this worlds leaders and the people are supposed to obey the laws of the land... Im just happy Hitlers dead.. Just like Im happy Sadaam is now dead. They were both evil people.

Theres no need to be hostile.. btw. I have done research and the bible has yet to cause me to disbelieve it.

lol Jesus is GOD of course He saves us. Gentiles are adopted into the geneology of Abraham by faith.. We are spiritually Jewish.. If God did not save the Jews in the Old Testament the gentiles would not be saved in the New Testant till now.. why is this such a problem?? This is why we cant see eye to eye.. The bible tells Christians to not fellowship with unbelievers because of this very issue.. it becomes an ugly mess and does not edify God or the body of Christ..

Israel does not know they killed their messiah.. according to the bible they will.. they do not believe that Jesus was their messiah because they dont see that Jesus was their High Priest and King.. Want to know what is so awesome to me..? that in spite of their treatment of Jesus in rejecting Him... He is still faithful.. If He can forgive them He can certainly forgive anyone.. Thats how awesome He is.

Im not arguing with anyone.. This isnt an issue to argue..

The same goes for you on your beliefs Im thinking

By their fruits.. like the bible tells me to.

Im identifying fruit like the bible tells me to.

Hi Faithfulservant,

I am using arguement in the way of presenting one's point of view or presenting one's arguement.

You have stated your belief but are unable to support it using any method, I have not set out my belief or reasoning on this issue yet. I have only questioned yours. Would you wish to hear my point of view on this subject.

What are these fruits you mention?

You are not very forthcoming, if you don't wish to discuss these issues with me just say so and we will leave it there.

Peace

Yes I know about 5 thousand were tried during the nuremburg trials... they were following orders.. alot like people strapping bombs on their and walking into a crowded restaurant. The bible tells us that God appoints this worlds leaders and the people are supposed to obey the laws of the land... Im just happy Hitlers dead.. Just like Im happy Sadaam is now dead. They were both evil people.

Theres no need to be hostile.. btw. I have done research and the bible has yet to cause me to disbelieve it.

Faithfulservant

I find that the trial of about 5,000 people and the execution of less than half of them as hardly proportionate to the killing of about 10,000,000 people.

Germany is a rich and prosperous nation and has been for decades. This does not seem to tie in with your claim that nations who persecute The Jewish People will suffer.

Why do you mention suicide bombers? What is the relevance?

I am sorry if my tone was hostile but perhaps we both could improve our tone.

Peace

jesus is god....where does the bible say this exactly..i could never find jesus saying i am god...or worship me for taht matter..i know he prayed to god, said god the father is better than him, he asked god for forgiveness,he also got tempted by the devil, died and went to hell right...what a god!lol...does the bible ever use the word trinity?...if jesus forgives them for not accepting him, then it doesnt matter if your not christian then right?...as your sins will be forgiven....and if he is god, then forgiving sins is what god does if he wants...of course god is fantastically amazing...beyond words...did you think of it like that? ps...you shouldnt be happy someone died...what does christianity taech? ''For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again'' matthew 7.

Back