Matrixism - A religion based on The Matrix

In what way?

So, when I bring up Einstein, Bohm and Barbour and such to the Christians on social media, they express rejection of these "big brainers", and refute them with their own reasoning. "Religious". <~
There's plenty of them out there!
How do you consider so many in our society refuting the idea of the governments mandate to wear a mask for example, while this pandemic continues?

One says, "It doesn't honor Christ to wear a mask"! I state to them there are others who are less fortunate health and immune wise, yet seems it falls on deaf ears.
As do my other statements involving The Matrix, and what happened at the Fall of the first man.

So, when I bring up Einstein, Bohm and Barbour and such to the Christians on social media, they express rejection of these "big brainers", and refute them with their own reasoning. "Religious". <~ There's plenty of them out there!
Oh, indeed! You find all manner of nonsense on social media feeds! Mostly bad logic, a lot of noise-but-no-substance.

+++

Back on the point:
You're speaking particularly of religious belief. Good for you, and you should Thomas.
Thank you.

Matrix subscribers go beyond just the religious.
In what way do you see that? What way should I go?

With regard to The Matrix –

The Wachowski's required the cast to read Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation prior to shooting the film.

Have you read it? I have not, but I've been looking at discussions of the relationship between Baudrillard's vision, and the Wachowski's vision.

I would earnestly recommend you watch the following video:

I have to say, Baudrillard himself was critical of the film, and I think it's a criticism that really gets to the fundamental flaw as regards 'Matrixism' as a 'religion'.

I have to say, Baudrillard himself was critical of the film, and I think it's a criticism that really gets to the fundamental flaw as regards 'Matrixism' as a 'religion'.
I liked the video a lot, thanks Thomas!

However, Baudrillard criticises the poor understanding of his work as reflected in the Matrix movie.

Matrixist religion is based on the movie, not Baudrillard. As presented by @Geo, matrixism is clearly not a postmodernist endeavour.

It's a bit like criticising Christian theology because the Essenes got the Book of Enoch all wrong...

Reactions: RJM
I don't think ordinary people are as dumb as the intelligentsia want them to be. A woman at home ironing clothes listening to the music radio looking after three kids isn't a fool, imo

People aren't dumb recipients of every type of propaganda, imo. The human race is better than these scenarios try portray. They may not talk, for whatever reason, but they know and understand. Always just my own thoughts ...

Last edited:
Perhaps in a way the 21st century information revolution is teaching individuals to become more discerning in what they choose to believe -- because we obviously can't believe everything we see on the internet.

There is so much conflicting information that people are having to dig a bit, which becomes easier with Google and Wikipedia, etc?

Last edited:
Anyone want to go for a ride?
I got my tickets.
-------------------------

il_794xN.3022327017_e2pk~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back