Santa Claus exists?

Hi juantoo3 and everyone,

I apologize if I sounded like I was suggesting that the true, actual *GOD* or *G-D* is an egregore. I only meant to suggest that the anthropomorphic male God in the sky with the beard, judging us to be naughty or nice, might be an egregore.

But if people see those two beings as the same, then please disregard my comment!

Thanks,
Dr. Deb

Hi juantoo3 and everyone,

I apologize if I sounded like I was suggesting that the true, actual *GOD* or *G-D* is an egregore. I only meant to suggest that the anthropomorphic male God in the sky with the beard, judging us to be naughty or nice, might be an egregore.

But if people see those two beings as the same, then please disregard my comment!

Thanks,
Dr. Deb
Namaste Deb,

I think from the creation picture on the roof of the chapel, the similarities, handing out gifts (heaven) or coal (hell) keeping a list of who's naughty and nice (book of records) Santa Claus in many a secular mind and many a Christian mind is G!d's representative, on earth, materially, physically today...as much or more than Jesus was/is in the eyes mentioned.

Whether we like it or not...it appears to be true.

Namaste Wil,

You make a good point, thank you!

Have a good night, everyone --
Dr. Deb

According to Wikipedia's article on Santa Claus, people in Mexico call him Niño Dios, which means "Child God," a reference to Christ.

When I was a little child there were Christmas Eves where I did hear something upon the roof and I even heard some bells up there. Then I found out about sleigh bells.

Personally I believe that Santa Claus has to exist, because, well, why else would children try their hardest to be good all year long? Without belief in Santa there is absolutely no reason to behave... being good would be vain. :p

Back