New Seekers of the Faith...

IMSassafras

A Believer
Reaction score
St. Ignace, MI... Just on the north side of the Ma
Ya! Baha'u'l-Abha! I have a wonderful announcement for the Believers of the Faith...

Mick and I are ecstatic to let everyone here at CR know that we were contacted via Skype Messenger by a couple in Senegal, West Africa with questions about the Baha'i Faith only eight days ago. We have answered many of their questions which (get this) came from reading a poster on the Religions of the World. Awesome!!! Our new seekers of the Faith have made the Blessed announcement only three days ago with, "What can I do to become a member of the Baha'i faith?" Ya! Baha'u'l-Abha! Just yesterday, the wive after being told by a friend not to be involved with "these people", proceeded to teach her friend about the Baha'i Faith.

We have contacted the Baha'is in The Gambia and they have passed our messages to the National Spiritual Assembly of Senegal located in Dakar. We are still waiting for a response from the NSA in Dakar, with hopes that they can help us with our new members. Mick and I have provided this couple with websites like True Seekers and Prayers and the online version of Ocean. We may provide them with Baha'i books, though we hope the Baha'i Community in their area will get in touch with them. This couple is truly on fire and anxious to immerse themselves into this Great Cause.

I am asking for prayers for the guidance of this couple into the Faith and for their baby which is going to be born any day now. When we get pictures of the baby I will let you know.

God Bless everyone here and our new family!!!

warmly,
Sassafras

It helps me keep hope for the world knowing that everyday new people are turning to the faith.

Thanks for the great news Sassafras! Good work. I've seen several turn to to the Faith through the Internet medium. Prayers comng their way.

- Art

Wonderful news, Sassafrass; thank you for sharing it! :)

You may also want to commend to them two more sites:
  • Planet Baha'i, which in addition to a great group of both Baha'is and seekers has a wonderful discussion area! It's reachable at:
www.planetbahai.org

and there's a tab at the top for its discussion area (it also has a collection of text files on various Baha'i subjects).
  • the Ocean concordance program of many religions' scriptures, available at:
http://bahairesearch.com

Best regards, and keep up the great work!

Bruce

Everyone,

Thank you for the prayers and the sites. New news on our new member of the Baha'i Faith. Florence Sassafras was born January 21 approxiamately 1am. The happy father of this new Handmaiden of God rushed home to convey to us this wonderful news. The mother is doing ok, but needs to stay in the hospital for a little while because delivery had to been done through Caesarean. Please keep the prayers coming for this family. I will be posting pictures of our new God Child as soon as they arrive.

I would like to include a prayer for our new Handmaiden:

O Thou most glorious Lord! Make this little maidservant of Thine blessed and happy; cause her to be cherished at the threshold of Thy oneness, and let her drink deep from the cup of Thy love so that she may be filled with rapture and ecstasy and diffuse sweet-smelling fragrance. Thou art the Mighty and the Powerful, and Thou art the All-Knowing, the All-Seeing.
~ 'Abdu'l-Baha

God Bless,
Sassafras

Make it a child of the kingdom...

Special prayers for Florence...

O God! Rear this little babe in the bosom of Thy love, and give it milk from the breast of Thy Providence. Cultivate this fresh plant in the rose garden of Thy love and aid it to grow through the showers of Thy bounty. Make it a child of the kingdom, and lead it to Thy heavenly realm. Thou art powerful and kind, and Thou art the Bestower, the Generous, the Lord of surpassing bounty.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá

That's good news for you Baha'is. Regardless of what class or racial background you come from, as long as you have a sound moral foundation, you are indestructible.

Why is it that when there are new Baha'is there's it's a big deal but when Joe Bob down the street converts to Christianity no one gives a hoot?

Why is it that when there are new Baha'is there's it's a big deal but when Joe Bob down the street converts to Christianity no one gives a hoot?

First stop is the Christianity Board, then you can judge whether or not there's a difference, I guess.

Regards,
Scott

I think it's always a good thing when people discover their spiritual path. Even though my sister was baptized a few years ago in a Baptist Church I attended the service and was happy for her... Even though she knew my beliefs as well.. so it depends I think where you live maybe.

- Art

I can remember 15 years ago working with a young man that declared his belief in Jesus Christ, or as he said he was "born again". I loved being near him and noticed that the same spiritual power you feel around new Baha'is was emanating from him. Interestingly, it was only after his acceptance of Jesus that he became interested in me and the Baha'i Faith.

Once, when a few of us were kind of smooshing after lunch, one of the group asked me who I thought Baha'u'llah was. I told them He proclaimed He was the Promised one of all religions. Some of them laughed and turned to another individual, a deacon of his church, and said, "Marshall, did you hear what Mick said?" Marshall was quiet for a minute and said, "I have known this man for a few years now, and I don't know anything about his religion, but I do know that he is one of the most spiritual people that I have ever known." Needless to say, my mouth dropped.

Later that day, James, the new Christian, came to me and asked questions about Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith. Even though we were separated by over twenty years, we became good friends and supportive of each of our individual teaching efforts. James was reborn when he became a Christian...enough to recognize Baha'u'llah.

Mick

I would like to share with you the photo I promised of Baby Florence Sassafras. She is so beautiful and her eyes are gorgeous. ;)

Florence is re-cooperating back home. Her and the baby are fine. Marvin has talked to the Baha'is in the area on the telephone a couple of times and have scheduled a meeting. Soon, Marvin is going to be traveling back to Liberia to prepare a new home for Florence and the baby.

They are dear and wonderful souls. I smile every time Mick and I message with them. We (all of us) are so Blessed!! Mick and I have often wondered what plans God has in store for us... Just imagine, this is only a drop of one wave compared to the awesome Reality of God. May God continue to Bless us all with His Presences.

warmly,
Sassafras

Files for friends
Rather than posting pictures directly on this site I have provided a URL. Enjoy!!

Hey thanks for sharing the photos! I love to have photos of new Baha'is and new Baha'i children like Florence Sassafras Born: 1/28/07!! Being a grandfather it's natural I guess.

- Art

Beautiful child, lovely family! Sounds as if there is much love. :)

InPeace,
InLove

Back