What do you think?

Oh yeah mee, as for 2Peter 3:9, Peter is talking about the elect saints. Its simply to see that from context alone. No real exegesis is needed to come to that conclussion.
2 peter 3;10 speaks of Jehovahs day ,
Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.
(Zephaniah 1:14)The great day of Jehovah is near.

2 peter 3;10 speaks of Jehovahs day ,
Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.
(Zephaniah 1:14)The great day of Jehovah is near.

:confused: Mee, what does this have to do with any of the things we were discussing?

:confused: Mee, what does this have to do with any of the things we were discussing?
the coming day of judgement,Jehovahs day is near .
For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night 1 thessalonians 5;2

the coming day of judgement,Jehovahs day is near .
For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night 1 thessalonians 5;2

Hi Mee, are you like 80 or something? No disrespect! I just worry if you're really following me and understanding what we're talking about, or if you're just kiddin' around.

Silas said:
Hi Mee, are you like 80 or something? No disrespect!

Hey, Silas. Why don't you stick this note back with the other one I told you to keep for self-reference? How do those words help anything?

(I'm outta here, btw. Just stopped by for purpose stated above.)

InPeace,
InLove

Is God sad about sending people to hell and the coming day of judgement?

I think it's sad when people turn from God. I think that it takes more effort to turn from God then it does to follow him.

The bible points to a "day of Jehovah" that will be of far greater significance than the day of judgment upon ancient Jerusalem and Judah. The apostle Paul, associated the coming "day of Jehovah" with the presence of the enthroned King Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2) Peter spoke of that day in connection with the establishment of ‘new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness is to dwell.’ (2 Peter 3:10-13) It is the day when Jehovah will execute his judgment upon the entire wicked system of things, including false religion.................. but even though that day is near , he wants people to be on his side , but in the end for the sake of his chosen ones he will have to act.
Jehovah will sanctify his illustrious name by destroying all opposers. (Psalm 83:17, 18) that is what i think , because that is what the bible tells me.

As in Noah’s day, God is making provisions for sincere persons to survive the coming destruction, but many are not interested in those provisions.

god likes to punish sinners... its all there, in the bible...

God hates sin.. He doesnt hate the sinner.. He is angry at the sinner. Much like your parent would be if you perpetually disobeyed them. They love you but hate your actions.

show some scripture the next time you slander your creator God.

In this case rewarding everyone for their works can also (in human terms) include what we'd call punishment 'cos if you haven't done any works and so on.

Is that what you're saying?

Yes, although I concede it sounds like mincing words.

To me, G-d is just so pure and good that sin can't exist around him. By nature, it is consumed because good always consumes bad. Light always conquers darkness.

I don't believe G-d wants to punish people. It's a natural by-product of sin, ie. "the soul that sins, it shall die".

as a forethought I almost wonder if Francis is referring to the messianic prophecy in which it states that God was pleased to bruise Jesus.. I would say yes because that certainly is what the bible says. If it means what Francis is implying it means? I dont know but I will when He tells me if He chooses to tell me.. Till then .. I have my faith. :)

God defines what is righteous.. if being righteous is Him being pleased at bruising His Son? then who am I to question that..

Back