?

YO-ELEVEN-11

Watcher
Reaction score
The bible talks about "heaven".
I have questions about this place.

1. What exactly is HEAVEN?

2. Where exactly in the universe is HEAVEN located?

3. What is HEAVEN made out of?

any answers or comments on these questions are greatly appreciated.
:)

Heaven to me is what things were like in Eden - on earth. (Paradise) I think each individual can find the kingdom within themselves on a spiritual level, but Crists "Established" Kingdom isn't until every man, woman, and child has come to find it individually.

From what I understand, it will take Christ a thousand years to establish it, and he will do it one person at a time. (Imo)

To get a better understanding of what I personally believe, I should elaborate on what it takes to inherit the kingdom. First, you must hit the mark that God set for us. "Sin" is an archers term for missing the mark. I believe God wants us to be happy, joyful, at peace, serene, thankful, content, etc. That is the mark, and most of us miss it.

We all fall short of the glory of God, but when we submit to him, his spirit, which is the same as Christs, that spirit destroys the powers of darkness within. This is all done on a spiritual level, all sin starts with dark spirits, all sins are derived from lack of Love. They are offences to God because the disturb our inner peace, and freedom. I'm speaking of all the spiritual negatives; things like anger, and hate, jealousy and greed, envy and pride, lust and self pity, etc. These are the children of the "devil who torment the inner man.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Heaven is simply the state of being free from these offending spirits, as they are both an offence to God, and man.

" The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

consider this: "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath."

Again, this is speaking of spiritual things, Imo. Those who have accepted God's spirit will be given more, and those who do not, that which they do have will be taken away. God's spirit is available to all men, but we must choose to accept this mercy; if we do not we will remain dead in our spiritual "sins" and be cast into darkness. (Remain Blind)

Heaven is an inward state of freedom, and peace, but it will also be worldwide once Christ has established it in every indiviual. Then will death be done away with, and Eden "Paradise" (on Earth) will be made whole again, and Life everlasting in this paradise is what we (mankind) will inherit.

Just my personal views of heaven and what it entails.

Much Love,

James

YO-ELEVEN-11

God.

Everywhere. We live and breathe and have our existence in Him.

Matter.

Here's my question: Why arent you a Christian?

YO-ELEVEN-11

God.

Everywhere. We live and breathe and have our existence in Him.

Matter.

Here's my question: Why arent you a Christian?

I think I am a little too curious to be isolated to one religion.

Personally, I find truth in all religions.

I think I am a little too curious to be isolated to one religion.

Personally, I find truth in all religions.

That makes a bit of sense. What do you think Christianity is about? What is the reason for becoming a Christianity, I mean?

That makes a bit of sense. ?

What do you think Christianity is about?

I do not have an opinion of the "dogma" of Christianity itself.
I see the study of christianity as a means to an end.
Whatever that end may be.

What is the reason for becoming a Christianity, I mean?

I would imagine that most people have their individual reasons for becoming a christian. I do not knnow if you want me to answer why it is good to be a christian or not, but anything that helps you obtain what you are looking for (i.e. spiritual peace or understanding) is good to deal with as opposed to dealing with something that discourages finding what you are looking for.

I think James is very close to Christian doctrine on this one.

Heaven to me is what things were like in Eden - on earth. (Paradise)...
Metaphysically and symbolically, the 'tree in the midst' stands for the vertical axis, which is the Divine Principle that manifests itself at every level ... so we have the tree, from which the four rivers flow, around which is the (paradisical) graden ... and this template reproduces itself above and below...

I think each individual can find the kingdom within themselves on a spiritual level, but Crists "Established" Kingdom isn't until every man, woman, and child has come to find it individually.
The Orthodox doctrine of theosis – the divinisation of man – is assumed by many to apply to 'me' individually, but as the Orthodox understand it, the term replies to humanity as a whole...

Hi James - there's a story from 'The Paradise of the Desert Fathers' that I think accords with the rest of your post ... they both say the same thing to me:
"Palladius said, "One day when I was suffering from boredom I went to abba Macarius and said, "What shall I do? My thoughts afflict me, saying, you are not making any progress, go away from here."
He said to me, "Tell them, for Christ's sake, I am guarding the walls."

If find I draw strength from this is the daily battle with the 'little things' that bring us down/draw us away ... even when we feel as if we are doing nothing, as Abba Macarius points out, the adversary still sees us as 'holding our ground' ...

Thomas

I do not have an opinion of the "dogma" of Christianity itself.
I see the study of christianity as a means to an end.
Whatever that end may be.

I would imagine that most people have their individual reasons for becoming a christian. I do not knnow if you want me to answer why it is good to be a christian or not, but anything that helps you obtain what you are looking for (i.e. spiritual peace or understanding) is good to deal with as opposed to dealing with something that discourages finding what you are looking for.

Nah, there is only one reason why any true Christian becomes a Christian. Wanna guess what that reason is?

Hi everybody!

We Theosophists also have a strong concept of Heaven, which is different than the Christian concept. Is anyone interested in having a Heaven Thread in the Comparative Religions Section, so different religions can share their ideas?

Hi everybody!

We Theosophists also have a strong concept of Heaven, which is different than the Christian concept. Is anyone interested in having a Heaven Thread in the Comparative Religions Section, so different religions can share their ideas?

Nick, that sounds like a good idea. Wish I would have thought it.
Post it and see what answers you get.

OK. But, you'll have to help. Question: Would you consider yourself to be a good person? And, why or why not?

uh oh...looks like someone has been watching "The Way of the Master" with Kirk Cameron.
;)

I'll bite thouogh.
:D

I consider myself just what I am. A human with all the emotions and potentials that come with being a human. I have the potential to be "GOOD and EVIL". I usually "try" to choose what I consider "GOOD", but that is highly subjective. i.e. "Thou shalt not kill" I join the army to stop a person like Adolf Hitler and I kill his soldiers.

In short, I consider myself a good and evil person, because what we do as humans can never really be considered "good" or "evil" until evaluated by others and in the most extreme cases by GOD.

If you get the chance, Read the book "The Sunflower" by Simon Wesenthal.
It will really challenge you on the good and evil thing. Here is a short excerpt from it:

As a young man imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp, Wiesenthal was taken one day from his labor brigade to a hospital at the request of Karl, a mortally wounded Nazi soldier. Tormented by the crimes in which he had participated, including the murder of a family with a small child, the SS man wanted to confess to--and if possible, receive absolution from--a Jew. Wiesenthal, left the room in silence, but remained intrigued by the issues the man's request raised about the limits and possibilities of forgiveness. Must we, can we, forgive the repentant criminal, no matter how heinous the crime?

uh oh...looks like someone has been watching "The Way of the Master" with Kirk Cameron.
;)

I'll bite thouogh.
:D

I consider myself just what I am. A human with all the emotions and potentials that come with being a human. I have the potential to be "GOOD and EVIL". I usually "try" to choose what I consider "GOOD", but that is highly subjective. i.e. "Thou shalt not kill" I join the army to stop a person like Adolf Hitler and I kill his soldiers.

In short, I consider myself a good and evil person, because what we do as humans can never really be considered "good" or "evil" until evaluated by others and in the most extreme cases by GOD.

If you get the chance, Read the book "The Sunflower" by Simon Wesenthal.
It will really challenge you on the good and evil thing. Here is a short excerpt from it:

As a young man imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp, Wiesenthal was taken one day from his labor brigade to a hospital at the request of Karl, a mortally wounded Nazi soldier. Tormented by the crimes in which he had participated, including the murder of a family with a small child, the SS man wanted to confess to--and if possible, receive absolution from--a Jew. Wiesenthal, left the room in silence, but remained intrigued by the issues the man's request raised about the limits and possibilities of forgiveness. Must we, can we, forgive the repentant criminal, no matter how heinous the crime?

Yes! I have been watching way of the master. Kirk lead me to Christ 4 years ago when I first heard it. So, you obviously have heard of it. Have you listened to all of what they say? Do you agree with what they say? Why or why not?

Yes! I have been watching way of the master. Kirk lead me to Christ 4 years ago when I first heard it. So, you obviously have heard of it.
Yep.

Have you listened to all of what they say?

I'v seen the show several times. I have heard the interview with the british guy and Kirk as to why they do it. I think it makes for good "reality" television. That's all. If muslims or any other religion had a show of that nature, they would probably be banned and labeled "terroists" or worse.

Do you agree with what they say? Why or why not?

Not all of it, but some of it. Why, because I find truth and untruth in all religions. Seperate the "dogma" from most religions and you can see the truth. I think the Q'ran says it best

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing.

Yep.

I'v seen the show several times. I have heard the interview with the british guy and Kirk as to why they do it. I think it makes for good "reality" television. That's all. If muslims or any other religion had a show of that nature, they would probably be banned and labeled "terroists" or worse.

Not all of it, but some of it. Why, because I find truth and untruth in all religions. Seperate the "dogma" from most religions and you can see the truth. I think the Q'ran says it best

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing.

Wow. Would you mind telling me the jist of the show then? What do the guys try to do with the people they speak with?

Back