The Price of the Call

Some of us will die as martyrs, while countless others will lose their lives in other ways, e.g., being persecuted inasmuch as losing job, friends, family, food, shelter, etc., all for the sake of Jesus. Will you die for the Christ? That's the price of the call.
This as much as physical death....luckly we do not live in a country where we have to worry about death because of Christ.
Now family, friends, shelter, jobs all those things I can see surely.

This as much as physical death....luckly we do not live in a country where we have to worry about death because of Christ.
Now family, friends, shelter, jobs all those things I can see surely.

You're right. But, the way things are going, with all the postmodernism and liberal theology flurishing, it wouldnt be long when the great and tolerant USA becomes less than tolerant towards those who adhere to the Bible's truth. I think the only reason that hasnt occured yet is because God prevents it from occuring. If He were to remove his hand, I see it starting soon.

Is that suppose to be taken literal, Silas? If so, then very few Christians EVER fulfill such a command. I prefer to see it as a metaphorical death, representing being born again.

I'm reminded of a story Jesus told about a father and his two sons. He bid them to go to work in his vinyard, and one said no, but later he went, the other said he would but never did, or something to that effect.

You said yourself that we are judged by everyword that comes out of our mouth. I'm new in Christ in as much as I've only recently been born again. I've read the scriptures, and I must admit that i am found lacking when it comes to an intellectual understanding of them. I know where my heart is most of the time, but like yesterday, I strayed from the heart, and was abased for it. I exalted self, and it lowered my place. I know because I feel it deep inside.

I have to appologize for my transgressions against you, Silas. I have been viewing you in a light that is not worthy of Christ. It's not for me to think more highly of myself than you, and that is what I've done. (My confession to you)

James

Is that suppose to be taken literal, Silas? If so, then very few Christians EVER fulfill such a command. I prefer to see it as a metaphorical death, representing being born again.

You need to understand three very important words: Context, contex, and contexto (spanish for context). Its not about what you would prefer to see, but rather what God thorugh His word has said and revealed. Everyone who is born of God will die for Christ, either by being murdered, or living life of continual death via persecution, and having it play out in some of the ways I mentioned, i.e., losing family, friends, house, work, food, etc., all for the sake of Jesus. Futhermore, dying for Christ can be seen in every believer who does battle with sin. The denying of self kills me, God knows!

You said yourself that we are judged by everyword that comes out of our mouth. I'm new in Christ in as much as I've only recently been born again. I've read the scriptures, and I must admit that i am found lacking when it comes to an intellectual understanding of them. I know where my heart is most of the time, but like yesterday, I strayed from the heart, and was abased for it. I exalted self, and it lowered my place. I know because I feel it deep inside.

I thought about you last night and I want you to know that if in fact that you believe the gospel, you are saved, providing that you hold to the truth your entire life. If you fall away, you would prove to have never believed. Therefore, I want to both incourage you and warn you to make your calling and election sure. I dont know your heart and I dont want to judge you. However, I can say that if you do not understand the gravity of your wickedness before God, at least to some degree, you really do not understand why you really need a Savior. In that case, you really cant be trusting in Christ alone for your salvation. I would encourage you to make sure and also to do what the Bible says, namely to "count the cost." Know that coming to Christ means dying to self and becoming a slave of Christ and of righteousness.

I have to appologize for my transgressions against you, Silas. I have been viewing you in a light that is not worthy of Christ. It's not for me to think more highly of myself than you, and that is what I've done. (My confession to you)

Dont sweet it, bro. You're right, I'm not worthy of Christ!

No, I meant my thoughts of you weren't worthy.. . ..not you. :) I viewed you in a manner less than myself, and that was wrong of me to do.

James

Jeremy Camp sings a song..

"This Man"

In only a moment truth
Was seen revealed this mystery
The crown that showed no dignity he wore
And the king was placed for all the world
To show disgrace but only beauty flowed from this place

Would you take the place of this man
Would you take the nails from his hands

He held the weight of impurity
The father would not see
The reasons had finally come to be to
Show the depth of his grace flowed with
Every sin erased he knew that this was
Why he came

And we just don't know the blood and
Water flowed and in it all
He showes just how much he cares
And the veil was torn so we could have
This open door and all these things have
Finally been complete

From his hands
From his hands
From his hands
From his hands
From his hands

It would be totally Jesus in the decision whether I was martyred.. I cant help but think that all the apostles minus John were brave and loved and felt the embrace of Jesus and because of that they were able to be tortured.. I dont think anyone could do it on their own without the Spirit.

Its Jesus Christ who strengthens us in things like this.

As far as witnessing in places where I could lose my life.. With the help of Jesus I could do anything. Because while Im in Gods will I am immortal till He says its time to come home.

Back