cheating on God...

No, talking about god doesn't offend me at all. But I don't hate him I just don't believe in him.

Fine and good (well not really), but that is your call. I on the other hand, talk with Him daily (on the way to work, at lunch, on the way home, and before I go to bed). Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to talk with Him (if something is really stuck in my mind). And you know what? no one has ever considered me "crazy" for talking to God, when I stated "I'm just talking to God, be with you in a minute."

Instead, I've been asked, "Will you talk to God for me about?..."

sure, no problem...but why not talk to Him yourself?

Once, my mom was asked such a question, and she said the same thing I do. The answer she got stunned her (and me). "because you seem to have a 1-800-number, direct to God...":confused:

No we don't. It's the same available resource for anyone who wishes to hazard a try...what you afraid you're so bad, God won't give you the time of day? lol Your'e right, you don't know God. :eek: But now's a good time as any to try to get to know Him...:D

v/r

Q

I wouldn't think you are crazy for "talking to god". My own personal opinion would be that you are just mislead, and you've convinced yourself that "god" is real. Or maybe someone else had convinced you.

Im not afraid I'm so bad that god wont give me the time of day, It's just that I think that something that isnt real is unable to give me the time of day. It has nothing to do with being bad, because I dont think Im a bad person at all.

I have no desire to "get to know" something that is just a concept of the mind, it has no basis in reality. I think it's ironic that people create the idea of a creator.

I wouldn't think you are crazy for "talking to god". My own personal opinion would be that you are just mislead, and you've convinced yourself that "god" is real. Or maybe someone else had convinced you.

Im not afraid I'm so bad that god wont give me the time of day, It's just that I think that something that isnt real is unable to give me the time of day. It has nothing to do with being bad, because I dont think Im a bad person at all.

I have no desire to "get to know" something that is just a concept of the mind, it has no basis in reality. I think it's ironic that people create the idea of a creator.
Well dear Mindfreak, I keep my peace, and treat others a bit kinder. I talk a bit softer and am willing to go out of my way for those in trouble. I also have no problems stepping into a fight that is lopsided, in order to even the odds (even though it was not my fight to begin with).

I didn't learn to do this kind of thing on my own. I had to be taught and enlightened as to why...but once I figured it out, it was a no brainer.

You seem to be for you. Well, we agree here. I'm for you too. :eek:

Hope is, you see, the need to be for me, and everyone else in life.

That comes from God.

v/r

Q

Psalm 82 God stands in the congregation of God; in the midst of the judges He will judge.

Hi Leo, good to hear from you again. Sorry am having huge computer glitches since buying a new laptop so can't get on so often but bear with me, if you pm me I will get back to you eventually. When you get a chance will you send me a Pm as I've been doing some research into this problem and have come up with some interesting stuff but maybe not right to discuss it so openly on the forum.

I also found a few references to the above verse that suggested the correct translation was judges not gods.

Psalm 82:6 I said, "You are angelic creatures, and all of you are angels of the Most High."
angels? instead of sons? it just makes you wonder. let me know what you think.

My first reaction was Adam, as in the first man. My memory is a bit rusty but wasn't Satan ejected from heaven because he refused to bow down to Adam? Very interesting, will have to do some reading on this one.

i wish it was as simple as talking with a pastor, priest, rabbi, or imam. do you know what i mean when i say that the majority of these leaders are very close minded and all claim to be "right"?

Sorry, I did realise after I had posted this is was a bit of a daft thing to say, unless you want the answer "read your Bible, Quran, Torah or whatever" but that doesn't actually deal with the issue does it. As I said above PM me and I'll tell you what I've learned so far, may help may not but anythings worth a try no?

you said it yourself, we are like overgrown children.

Hee, hee. Yes but there are only so many times you can tell a child not to do something before you realise they are just being self indulgent and bloody minded. :D

she still didn't think i had changed my ways.

Why should she? Once trust is lost it takes a very long time to rebuild and your 'punishment' is to accept that timeframe. When I first married I found out my hubby had a very bad hashish problem and I hate drugs with avengence. Even though my mind knows he stopped long ago, to please me, I still can't stop myself going through his pockets 'looking for evidence', even after all this time. He knows I do and it really peeves him that I still don't trust him but despite trying I am still waiting for it to rear it's ugly head again, it's a matter of trust. Trust is easily broken and a nightmare to regain.

she is just too emotional and cannot forget my mistakes. she doesn't forgive. she doesn't have a heart of flesh. it is made of stone.

Ok which one is she? Over emotional or a heart of stone - she can't be both. You have the male "I said I've stopped so let it go" attitude and sorry but us girls just don't work that way.

i know i don't need her to recognize my deeds and all i need is God to see my deeds, but it does get frustrating.

She is your wife and you have children with this woman, of course you need her to recognise your deeds. G-d recognises your deeds every day, good and bad but you have to live with your wife everyday in this life. We all want recognition when we are fighting our demons and you should tell her that you need that support and recognition. As I said, men are childlike and need a pat on the back for a finger painting - even if it looks like a blob with hair and 16 legs.

if you knew what crosses my mind, you wouldn't even want to talk to me anymore. i would love to know a point of view from a woman, though, and it would probably make me understand my wife more.

If it has to do with children or violence to women then don't PM me but anything else I can easily handle - bet I've heard worse :D

now all we need to do is get the pope to admit his sins and the world will be a better place.;)

I suppose flying pigs is a possibility?!

but if you want to "poke the bear", be my guest.

I've poked much more frightening things than bears. :p

Salaam

hi muslimwoman:
I also found a few references to the above verse that suggested the correct translation was judges not gods.
i asked the man who has a banana for a brain about this on the Genesis 3:3-4 thread. we'll see what he says.
My first reaction was Adam, as in the first man. My memory is a bit rusty but wasn't Satan ejected from heaven because he refused to bow down to Adam? Very interesting, will have to do some reading on this one.
yeah, you are talking about the genesis account version in the quran. it is a very beautiful version and hope i can read all of it in the future to learn more.
Hee, hee. Yes but there are only so many times you can tell a child not to do something before you realise they are just being self indulgent and bloody minded. :D
geez, give me a break, woman. have a little compassion.:D

Why should she?
i know i don't blame her for not trusting me. women remember the smallest details down to the "t". things that us dudes never even stop to even try to remember because it doesn't seem to be that important to us, but to women? man, it is the most important thing ever! nothing is trivial to women. know what i mean?
Trust is easily broken and a nightmare to regain.
very true. i agree wholeheartedly.
Ok which one is she? Over emotional or a heart of stone - she can't be both. You have the male "I said I've stopped so let it go" attitude and sorry but us girls just don't work that way.
she is both, muslimwoman! you see women always stick up for each other.:D
If it has to do with children or violence to women then don't PM me but anything else I can easily handle - bet I've heard worse :D
no it has nothing to do with that kind of stuff. i abhor it and so does God obviously. well, you will see on the pm i will send you.
I suppose flying pigs is a possibility?!
with God, nothing is impossible.
I've poked much more frightening things than bears. :p
you will have to go into detail about that with me one day, you know?LOL.
thanks again, muslimwoman, and God bless you.

i asked the man who has a banana for a brain about this on the Genesis 3:3-4 thread. we'll see what he says.

Hi Leo

Will you let me know what BB says please, am very interested.

i know i don't blame her for not trusting me. women remember the smallest details down to the "t". things that us dudes never even stop to even try to remember because it doesn't seem to be that important to us, but to women? man, it is the most important thing ever! nothing is trivial to women. know what i mean? very true. i agree wholeheartedly.

It is an issue we women have and one I am VERY guilty of. Really us girlies should learn to let go a little, we generally just torture ourselves with this but you guys need to meet us half way and try to help us work these issues out - even if it's so we stop nagging. :D

she is both, muslimwoman! you see women always stick up for each other.:D

I promise you she is not both. She just uses her inner strength to protect herself, this is what you see as cold hearted but inside is a different story. Of course we stick up for each other, we learnt that trick from men. :p

Chin up and keep smiling.

Salaam

Back