Hi, I am new here

amellcheney

Reaction score
Hi, my name is nita and I have lurking around here lately.
I don't have a religion, but i have a strong belief is God.
I find myself searching more and more but I don't know for what:rolleyes:

Hi nita :)

Welcome to CR. I just read your first post in Comparative Studies. Very relative to the discussion. I hope you are feeling better these days.

I look forward to reading more from you in the days to come.

InPeace,
InLove

Debora

Hi Nita,

I'm new too , and like you have no religion. My believing in G-d is another thing. I believe there is something that is bigger than us all, but we have made such a mess of describing it to eachother that I'd rather not start another religion by calling it something.

Ardenz

I don't have a religion, but i have a strong belief is God.
Namaste Nita,

Welcome and look forward to discussion.

Above sure sounds like a title of a thread to me!

Just contemplating how you can have one without the other. I mean you may not belong to some organised, santified, sanitized or otherwised group...but if you believe, you must have at least some loose set of beliefs, some sort of moral code that is affected by the belief, and that in my pheeble mind is your current religion....
re·li·gion noun 1. a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Welcome to CR Forums, amellcheney. I hope your continuing search will be most fruitful. :)

Love & Peace,

Dondi

~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~

Hi, Nita, and welcome to the board. You said,
"I find myself searching more and more but I don't know for what.
--> I was a searcher for many years, just like you. What directions has your search taken you?

Hi Nita !
Like you I am constantly searching for wisdom and truth wherever I might find it, although I was raised in the Christian faith. I don't do church these days, but I do try and apply the moral lessons of the faith in all that I do. I try to practice golden rules and love my neighbors, to the extent possible on any given day.

Welcome to CR and enjoy your hours here !

flow....:)

Back