Baha'u'llah (pbuh)

Seeker_of_truth

Reaction score
I really like how Muslims after they say the name of a prophet they put (pbuh) after their Name. Why isn't that a practice in the Baha'i Faith?

I really like how Muslims after they say the name of a prophet they put (pbuh) after their Name. Why isn't that a practice in the Baha'i Faith?

It is at times. Abdu'l Baha did so upon occasion. I think of it as "Baha`u'llah" being all that needs said. It means "The Glory of God", it's hard to heap additional praise on that phrase.

regards,
Scott

Seeker of truth...

Do a search on "Ocean" and you will find the peace be upon Him through out the Baha'i Writings...far too numerous to list them all here!!!!

Blessing and peace, salutation and glory, rest upon Thy loved ones, whom the changes and chances of the world have 6 not deterred from turning unto Thee, and who have given their all, in the hope of obtaining that which is with Thee. Thou art, in truth, the Ever-Forgiving, the All-Bountiful.

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 5)

In brief, His Holiness Moses -- Upon whom be peace! -- founded the law of God, purified the morals of the people of Israel and gave them an impetus toward nobler and higher attainments.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Foundations of World Unity, p. 95)

Hi, Seeker!

One of the reasons why not is that we Baha'is are specifically discouraged from creating or instituting rituals in the Faith, and this would be an example of one!

There are extremely few rituals in the Faith (only five, in fact), and Shoghi Effendi (head of the Faith from 1921-1957) urged us not to create any ourselves.

Regards, :)

Bruce

Hi, Seeker!

One of the reasons why not is that we Baha'is are specifically discouraged from creating or instituting rituals in the Faith, and this would be an example of one!

There are extremely few rituals in the Faith (only five, in fact), and Shoghi Effendi (head of the Faith from 1921-1957) urged us not to create any ourselves.

Regards, :)

Bruce

Thank you for the insight!:D

Back