The scientific proof of the existence of the soul (and of God)

M

marcobiagini

[font=System, sans-serif]In the following site I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges of brain and matter.[/font]
[font=System, sans-serif]This analysis points out how Quantum Electrodynamics proves that the brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial entity. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.[/font]

[font=System, sans-serif][admin edit - link removed][/font]

Marco Biagini

Ph.D. Graduated in Solid State Physics.

marcobiagini said:
[font=System, sans-serif]In the following site I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges of brain and matter.[/font]
[font=System, sans-serif]This analysis points out how Quantum Electrodynamics proves that the brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial entity. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.[/font]

Marco Biagini

Namaste Marco,

thank you for the post.

this is a very western point of view and isn't shared by those of us with Eastern oriented traditions. consciousness is more than an epiphenomenon, however, that does not imply another entity inhabiting your body and "driving" it, so to speak. in my tradition, this view is called a view of Atman and is specifically refuted.

further, in the Quantum field, though i'll defer to your knowledge, the UP would pretty much rule out "proof" of any sort that is 100% certain, wouldn't you agree?

marcobiagini said:
[font=System, sans-serif]http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/fedeescienza/englishnf[/font]

Marco Biagini

This analysis points out how Quantum Electrodynamics proves that the brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial entity.

Marco, tell me, when you are in deep dreamless sleep, you are not in possession of consciousness, but your brain is working. When you wake up, you regain your consciousness. Where was your consciousness when you were in deep dreamless sleep? and where did it come from when you awoke? and how did it come about. In, from and by the soul, you say...? Not the brain?

When someone knocks you unconscious, then the consciousness goes back to the soul...?

In which case, consciousness that can be knocked out and into the soul is not an unbiological/unmaterial entity. Otherwise, how can it be subjected to material force, like someone knocking you unconscious by throwing a fast strong tight fist on your chin. So with the soul.

Susma Rio Sep

Do babies have a consciousness? Untill one learns a language and can start putting together ideas, they are very much like an animal.

StrandgecK said:
Do babies have a consciousness? Untill one learns a language and can start putting together ideas, they are very much like an animal.

Namaste,

Yes, babies do have a consciousness... animals have conciousness as well so that's not a problem for the baby to be mostly like an animal.

Susma Rio Sep said:
This analysis points out how Quantum Electrodynamics proves that the brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial entity.

Marco, tell me, when you are in deep dreamless sleep, you are not in possession of consciousness, but your brain is working. When you wake up, you regain your consciousness. Where was your consciousness when you were in deep dreamless sleep? and where did it come from when you awoke? and how did it come about. In, from and by the soul, you say...? Not the brain?

When someone knocks you unconscious, then the consciousness goes back to the soul...?

In which case, consciousness that can be knocked out and into the soul is not an unbiological/unmaterial entity. Otherwise, how can it be subjected to material force, like someone knocking you unconscious by throwing a fast strong tight fist on your chin. So with the soul.

Susma Rio Sep
I almost always dream when I sleep. In which case I have to ask myself, who or what am in relation to those I'm dreaming about? Are they a part of my dream or, am I a part of theirs? Indeed, if I am a part of theirs, i.e., rarely does any of us retain the upper hand, then the whole thing must be mutual, right?

material mind

marcobiagini said:

[font=System, sans-serif][admin edit - link removed][/font]

Marco Biagini

Wow !
You are obviously a lot smarter than I am. Maybe that's
why I don't understand how you can PROVE something
that has no material existence.
I personaly have no conscious awareness of any part of
me that I could call a immortal "soul" but I can suggest why people might INVENT such an idea...
Maybe a simple DENIAL of their own mortality...
Or, if there really is an eternal God, such a being would
have an eternal MEMORY of everybody that ever existed-
like a divine hard drive - and could therefore re-create
anybody any time.
Sorry if that sounds simplistic - I'm just a newcomer
here. I have no experience with "faith" - all I know
how to do is reason and speculate.

Louis

louis said:
Maybe that's why I don't understand how you can PROVE something that has no material existence.
The easiest way to understand that the immaterial exists would be if we had a piece of it in ourselves, and that would happen to be our soul.

Back