What happens after death?

Life, dying and post death existence

arthra said:
So death to us is a release from the troubles and sorrows of this life and of course a confirmation of the reality of the spiritual worlds. When my uncle died he had suffered a great deal for years and so it was not in my mind a bad thing.

In religion life is an investment in post death existence. It is something like a program of pay now enjoy later, such as prepaid plans like medical insurance, prepaid college plans, retirement benefit package.

No one sees what and how the benefits of religion are enjoyed in the post death existence, unlike real prepaid plans, which can be seen already being enjoyed by subscribers to the plans.

Now we have even better plans, like vacation now pay later, drive now pay later, in most restaurants (not fast food outlets) enjoyment comes first payment later, and in all installment buying you enjoy fully the article before the completion of payment.

I have not come across one religion where there are detailed prescriptions of how one is to die or how to manage the dying person, except attending to his last chance to accept a religion or to return for a final reconciliation with his religion.

Art tells us: " So death to us is a release from the troubles and sorrows of this life and of course a confirmation of the reality of the spiritual worlds. When my uncle died he had suffered a great deal for years and so it was not in my mind a bad thing."

Death is a release of sorts -- but you are not around anymore to enjoy the release; and I don't see it in any way any kind of confirmation of any spiritual worlds.

The release process afforded by death is one that is painful, expensive, messy, unnecessarily prolonged, embarrassing to the dying subject, even denigrating; unless one has the fortune of an accidental sudden quick death: hence, the merits of self-effected departures.

When my uncle died he had suffered a great deal for years and so it was not in my mind a bad thing.

Art, you have described death in very brutally realistic but honest terms.

Susma Rio Sep

Back