Quotes from Baha'i sources:

Spreading true civilization..

We must pray that by the Bounty of God, Persia will be enabled to receive the material and mental civilization of the West, and by Divine Grace to give in return her spiritual light. The devoted energetic work of the united peoples, occidentals and orientals, will succeed in establishing this result, for the force of the Holy Spirit will aid them.

The principles of the Teachings of Bahá'u'lláh should be carefully studied, one by one, until they are realized and understood by mind and heart -- so will you become strong followers of the light, truly spiritual, heavenly soldiers of God, acquiring and spreading the true civilization in Persia, in Europe, and in the whole world.

This will be the paradise which is to come on earth, when all mankind will be gathered together under the tent of unity in the Kingdom of Glory.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 22

Become an investigator of reality...

BAHA'O'LLAH continually urges man to free himself from the superstitions and traditions of the past and become an investigator of reality, for it will then be seen that God has revealed his light many times in order to illumine mankind in the path of evolution, in various countries and through many different prophets, masters and sages.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 8

"The Pen of Revelation exclaimeth..

The Pen of Revelation exclaimeth:

"On this Day the Kingdom is God's!"

The Tongue of Power is calling:

"On this Day all sovereignty is, in very deed, with God!"

The Phoenix of the realms above crieth out from the immortal Branch:

"The glory of all greatness belongeth to God, the Incomparable, the All-Compelling!"

The Mystic Dove proclaimeth from its blissful bower, in the everlasting Paradise:

"The source of all bounty is derived, in this Day, from God, the One, the Forgiving!"

The Bird of the Throne warbleth its melody in its retreats of holiness:

"Supreme ascendancy is to be attributed, this Day, to none except God, Him Who hath no peer nor equal, Who is the Most Powerful, the All-Subduing!"

The inmost essence of all things voiceth in all things the testimony:

"All forgiveness floweth, in this Day, from God, Him to Whom none can compare, with Whom no partners can be joined, the Sovereign Protector of all men, and the Concealer of their sins!"

The Quintessence of Glory hath lifted up its voice above My head, and crieth from such heights as neither pen nor tongue can in any degree describe:

"God is my witness! He, the Ancient of everlasting days is come, girded with majesty and power. There is none other God but Him, the All-Glorious, the Almighty, the All-Highest, the All-Wise, the All-Pervading, the All-Seeing, the All-Informed, the Sovereign Protector, the Source of eternal light!"

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 35

All praise, O my God, be to Thee Who art the Source of all glory and majesty, of greatness and honor, of sovereignty and dominion, of loftiness and grace, of awe and power.

Whomsoever Thou willest Thou causest to draw nigh unto the Most Great Ocean, and on whomsoever Thou desirest Thou conferrest the honor of recognizing Thy Most Ancient Name. Of all who are in heaven and on earth, none can withstand the operation of Thy sovereign Will. From all eternity Thou didst rule the entire creation, and Thou wilt continue for evermore to exercise Thy dominion over all created things.

There is none other God but Thee, the Almighty, The Most Exalted, the All-Powerful, the All-Wise.

Illumine, O Lord, the faces of Thy servants, that they may behold Thee; and cleanse their hearts that they may turn unto the court of Thy heavenly favors, and recognize Him Who is the Manifestation of Thy Self and the Dayspring of Thine Essence. Verily, Thou art the Lord of all worlds. There is no God but Thee, the Unconstrained, the All-Subduing.

- Bahá'u'lláh

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 119)

From Wikipedia:
In the Bahá'í Faith, religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Abraham, the Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and others, and most recently the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh.
How do we know for sure that "Mr. Bahai" (guy who founded it) was really a prophet and received divine messages? Thats a tall claim for anyone to make. Any evidence for that anywhere?

Also I see this whole forum section is filled with your posts and threads. Its all flooded and looks like spam. No one likes that or cares to read it. In other words, you've taken over this forum. There's no one else here other than you. Its a surprise that moderators havent cared about this. The job of a moderator is to maintain a forum so it remains a forum, an appropriate place for discussion. It wouldnt be nice for example if I took over the Islam forum in this fashion. It wouldnt look good, it wouldnt be right and people would hate it, like they hate spam.

If you want people to talk about the bahai faith, you should reduce your activity and let the place turn into a discussion instead of a one way "pro bahai" thing. Just my opinion.

For the record, the Baha'i Faith was founded by Baha'u'llah (the name means "Glory of God").

How do we know for sure that [he] was really a prophet and received divine messages? ... Any evidence for that anywhere?

There's PLENTY of evidence for those who care to look!

This includes (but is not limited to):

• His own life and the sterling character thereof
  • The hundred volumes of scripture He wrote and left with us
  • The many prophecies fulfilled
  • The many prophecies He Himself made, dozens of which have already proven correct
  • The ongoing endurance and growth of this religion: according to non-Baha'i sources, it's already (after only 167 years) the second most widespread religion on earth in terms of the number of localities where adherents live! And the World Christian Encyclopedia--clearly NOT a Baha'i source--cites the Baha'i Faith as the fastest-growing religion among those already established in over 100 countries!
  • The transformations of charater the Faith has effected on many of its adherents.
There is doubtless other evidence, but these should do for a starter!

And BTW, there are plenty of other people who read these posts, little as you know or appreciate the fact! If YOU don't want to read them, no problem: simply skip them. But meaning no offense, you have no business raining on someone else's parade.

Peace,

Bruce

Please cite specific evidence. Muslims also claim similiar evidence (and more) for Muhammad's prophethood and its finality (which means, according to their evidence, there would be no prophet after Muhammad, thus invalidating Bahaullah).
When you look at their evidence, it falls apart. There's simply none, like in the case of Bahaullah. People believe serious claims without any supporting undeniable irrefutable evidence.

So whats the specific evidence for Bahaullah that he was a prophet of God and received divine revelations and was not kidding when he said he was?

Note to Waleed..

Waleed,

Welcome to the Baha'i forum..this particular thread is designed for quotes from Baha'i sources.. The primary purpose of this forum is to provide information about the Faith and news relating to it.

If you want more info. about Baha'u'llah simply start a thread here asking about say Baha'u'llah.. What His life was about and how He endured fifty years of exile, imprisonment and persecution and what He accomplished as a prisoner.. that way you'd be better informed and wouldn't need to say "hi-jack" a thread dedicated to quotes from Baha'i sources..

If you're still dissatisfied with our responses .. there are other forums for Muslims and other interests here at Interfaith Forums or you can contact the administrator and register your objections..

As to you O friends of God...

As to you, O friends of God: Make firm your feet in the Cause of God with such firmness as cannot be shaken by the most great disasters of the world. Be not troubled by anything under any condition. Be as lofty mountains, dawning-stars from the horizon of existence, brilliant lamps in the assemblies of oneness and lowly souls, pure hearted, with the friends.

Be signs of guidance; lights of piety; severed from the world, holding fast to the firm rope; spreaders of the spirit of life; abiders in the ark of safety; manifestations of mercy; dawning-stars of the mysteries of existence; points of revelation; day-springs of light; strengthened by the Holy Spirit; attracted toward God; sanctified from all things and from the (natural) qualities of people, and characterized with the attributes of the angels of heaven -- so ye may attain to the greatest gift in this great century and new age.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha v1, p. 5

The primary purpose of this forum is to provide information about the Faith and news relating to it.
No one is reading it because your username dominates everything in the bahai forum, giving the impression of spam. Its like someone who talks too much. People stop listening and caring about what the person has to say.

If you want people to listen to what you have to say, then say it in moderate and careful quantities. If you want to spam the threads and posts and have your username fill up everything, people will ignore it. You can choose either of those options but not both. You'll probably ignore the advice and keep doing what you're doing, rendering this forum section (bahai) useless - so be it.

Waleed,

I'm not the moderator here.. rather than arguing about this I'm going to start a thread here for you and anyone else who would like to ask questions.. how about that?

Alright, Bruce I guess you can reply to my post there or here, wherever you want.

Every day a Feast...

In reality every day which man passes in the mention of God, the diffusion of the fragrances of God and calling the people to the Kingdom of God, that day is his feast.

Praise be to God that you are occupied in the service of the Kingdom of God and are engaged in the promulgation of the religion of God by day and by night. Therefore all your days are feast days.

There is no doubt that the assistance and the bestowal of God shall descend upon you.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of the Divine Plan, p. 11

It is our duty to investigate the essentials..

Therefore it is our duty in this radiant century to investigate the essentials of divine religion, seek the realities underlying the oneness of the world of humanity and discover the source of fellowship and agreement which will unite mankind in the heavenly bond of love. This unity is the radiance of eternity, the divine spirituality, the effulgence of God and the bounty of the Kingdom. We must investigate the divine source of these heavenly bestowals and adhere unto them steadfastly. For if we remain fettered and restricted by human inventions and dogmas, day by day the world of mankind will be degraded, day by day warfare and strife will increase and satanic forces converge toward the destruction of the human race.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith, p. 229

At one time... at another time.. again..

At one time, Thou didst raise Him up, O my God, and didst attire Him with the ornament of the name of Him Who conversed with Thee (Moses), and didst through Him uncover all that Thy will had decreed and Thine irrevocable purpose ordained. At another time, Thou didst adorn Him with the name of Him Who was Thy Spirit (Jesus), and didst send Him down out of the heaven of Thy will, for the edification of Thy people, infusing thereby the spirit of life into the hearts of the sincere among Thy servants and the faithful among Thy creatures. Again, Thou didst reveal Him, decked forth by the name of Him Who was Thy Friend (Muhammad), and caused Him to shine brightly above the horizon of Hijaz, as a token of Thy power and an evidence of Thy might. Through Him Thou didst send unto Thy servants what enabled them to scale the heights of Thy unity, and to yearn over the wonders of Thy manifold knowledge and wisdom.

~ Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, pp. 50-51

Re: It is our duty to investigate the essentials..

Therefore it is our duty in this radiant century to investigate the essentials of divine religion, ...

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith, p. 229

This is one of many places in the Bahai writings where "century" does not mean a hundred years, but rather the 'dispensation', the period from the beginning of a religion until the arrival of its 'promised One' (Messiah, Mahdi etc..). Historically, this period is almost always a span of several centuries.

So "this radiant century" (also translated as "century of light") did not end at Y2K, it is just beginning.

Some more examples:
1. The Spiritual Assemblies to be established in this Age of God, this holy century, have… had neither peer nor likeness in the cycles gone before.
(Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, page 82)
2. The teachings of Baha’u'llah are the light of this age and the spirit of this century.
(Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, page 107)
3. In every century a particular and central theme is, … confirmed by God. In this illumined age that which is confirmed is the oneness of the world of humanity.
(Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, page 114)
4. Gradually whatsoever is latent in the innermost of this Holy Cycle shall appear and be made manifest, … Ere the close of this Century and of this Age, it shall be made clear and manifest how wondrous was that Springtide …
(quoted in Shoghi Effendi, Baha’i Administration, p. 16)
5. … in any of the past cycles and dispensations, no assemblies for women have ever been established … This is one of the characteristics of this glorious Dispensation and this great century.
(Compilation on Women,; Compilation of Compilations page 397)

See my blog ( 'century of light' ) for more

Life on this earth is very ancient...

Each one of the luminous bodies in this limitless firmament has a cycle of revolution which is of a different duration, and every one revolves in its own orbit, and again begins a new cycle. So the earth, every three hundred and sixty-five days, five hours, forty-eight minutes and a fraction, completes a revolution; and then it begins a new cycle, that is to say, the first cycle is again renewed.

In the same way, for the whole universe, whether for the heavens or for men, there are cycles of great events, of important facts and occurrences. When a cycle is ended, a new cycle begins, and the old one, on account of the great events which take place, is completely forgotten, and not a trace or record of it will remain.

As you see, we have no records of twenty thousand years ago, although we have before proved by argument that life on this earth is very ancient. It is not one hundred thousand, or two hundred thousand, or one million or two million years old; it is very ancient, and the ancient records and traces are entirely obliterated.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Foundations of World Unity, p. 54

The very life of the world...

Every divine Manifestation is the very life of the world, and the skilled physician of each ailing soul. The world of man is sick, and that competent Physician knoweth the cure, arising as He doth with teachings, counsels and admonishments that are the remedy for every pain, the healing balm to every wound.

It is certain that the wise physician can diagnose his patient's needs at any season, and apply the cure. Wherefore, relate thou the Teachings of the Abha Beauty to the urgent needs of this present day, and thou wilt see that they provide an instant remedy for the ailing body of the world. Indeed, they are the elixir that bringeth eternal health.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 58

We must look at the light...

A Divine Manifestation is as a mirror reflecting the light of the Sun. The light is the same and yet the mirror is not the Sun. All the Manifestations of God bring the same Light; they only differ in degree, not in reality. The Truth is one. The light is the same though the lamps may be different; we must look at the Light not at the Lamp. If we accept the Light in one, we must accept the Light in all; all agree, because all are the same. The teaching is ever the same, it is only the outward forms that change.

The Manifestations of God are as the heavenly bodies. All have their appointed place and time of ascension, but the Light they give is the same. if one wishes to look for the sun rising, one does not look always at the same point because that point changes with the seasons. When one sees the sun rise further in the north one recognizes it, though it has risen at a different point.

~ Abdu'l-Baha,
Abdu'l-Baha in London, pp. 66-67

Back