Marmalade is Here!

Hi Marmalade. Nice to see you here. Small internet world! :p

Is that you Gesh?

What you doing around these parts?

I just joined recently as you probably had noticed with you posting in my intro thread and all. I saw that I had 17 posts and you had 71 posts. Like, dude... Freakadelic!;)

Hi Marmalade, and though we have already met I wish you a warm welcome to CR.

Tao

Hi Tao!

Its nice to formally meet you.

I look forward to our further intellectual engagements.

Marmy-poo :cool:

Is that you Gesh?

What you doing around these parts?

I just joined recently as you probably had noticed with you posting in my intro thread and all. I saw that I had 17 posts and you had 71 posts. Like, dude... Freakadelic!;)
Been a lurker for a year. Finally joined. It's a lot nicer here I think :)

She was meaning nicer than this other board:

Agnostic Forums - Agnosticism Discussion.

That said, the agnostic forums is extremely nice compared to a place like IIDB. I've never seen more annoyingly nitpicking debaters in all of my life. Its actually only a few people on IIDB that are annoying, but it was too much for my taste.

Most of the people on the agnostic forum are nice, but too many of them see logical argument as the be all and end all. So, when there, I end up mostly only showing my intellectual side leaving my spiritual side unsatisfied.

She was meaning nicer than this other board:

Agnostic Forums - Agnosticism Discussion.

That said, the agnostic forums is extremely nice compared to a place like IIDB. I've never seen more annoyingly nitpicking debaters in all of my life. Its actually only a few people on IIDB that are annoying, but it was too much for my taste.

Most of the people on the agnostic forum are nice, but too many of them see logical argument as the be all and end all. So, when there, I end up mostly only showing my intellectual side leaving my spiritual side unsatisfied.

I'm going to regret this; but I'm going to have a look around these two.

I'll still prefer nice.:)

s.

I'm going to regret this; but I'm going to have a look around these two.

I'll still prefer nice.:)

s.

The thing is that with any forum you can usually find some nice people. I did meet a couple of people that were nice at IIDB, but the problem was that the nice people generally didn't stand up to the annoying people because everything is considered fair by forum rules as long as its not a direct ad hom. I'm sure you could learn to enjoy a place like that. Its a large very active forum and so it shouldn't be too difficult to avoid the people you dislike. My problem was that some of the discussions I liked also attracted some of the people whose style of discussin I disliked.

There is another reason why I consider the place not nice. The same people whose style bothers me also bothered some of the people I liked. Two authors I like Acharya S and Earl Doherty were posting there, but both of them probably won't anymore. Doherty put up with it for a long time, and finally declared he wouldn't post anymore because of those people.

Back