how you can make Jews accept Trinity ?

Thanks Banana,

Yes I have been watching the series on Jewish people in the UK. In the first one I was more or less convinced that the Rabbi was behind the cocaine importation business, ( and owned the properties ), and that the guy who was the focus of the program, being of evidently low intelligence, was his mule.

I saw something else recently about organ transplants and the market for body parts. Jewish host organs sell for 10 times the price of us plebiscites and heathens. Do you think the organs of a 'converted' Jew would also exact a higher price? To be honest I have heard not. If not it would suggest the converts are only superficially accepted would it not?

Tao

Tao_Equus said:
Yes I have been watching the series on Jewish people in the UK.
thought so.

In the first one I was more or less convinced that the Rabbi was behind the cocaine importation business, (and owned the properties), and that the guy who was the focus of the program, being of evidently low intelligence, was his mule.
hmm, i don't know why you'd think that. the satmarers are so clannish and luddite they just wouldn't be able to handle the technology involved - their communications infrastructure would be unworkable; these people don't allow tvs or the internet. it would be impossible to keep such a thing from the attention of the authorities, quite apart from being in breach of a number of fairly major points of jewish law - the fact that he was shunned by the rest of the community ought to tell you that. i think it's more likely that the drug dealers were israeli mercenary types, a lot of these types of people from all different countries are involved in the drug trade or so i understand. i found that particular programme unutterably boring and really quite uninformative about the community. not that that surprises me especially. i also thought the main story was very dull indeed and the fact that nobody was interested in talking to the camera meant that they wasted a vast amount of screen time on a lot of irrelevant, uninteresting silliness.

I saw something else recently about organ transplants and the market for body parts. Jewish host organs sell for 10 times the price of us plebiscites and heathens.
yuck! yuck! yuck! that is just revolting.

Do you think the organs of a 'converted' Jew would also exact a higher price? To be honest I have heard not. If not it would suggest the converts are only superficially accepted would it not?
it certainly would if the people wanting the organs were jewish, which isn't clear from what you say. but i can't believe that is true - religiously speaking it makes no sense at all and the suggestion would be tantamount to a modern blood libel. it sounds to me like some kind of statistical correlation - jewish livers are probably healthier than some, as we are statistically less likely to be alcoholics, apparently. remember, under the halakhah you can break almost any law to save any human life, so particularly in the area of medical ethics and specifically transplants, it is clear that, say, a pig's heart xenotransplant is undoubtedly permitted, so distinguishing between a jew and a non-jew, or between a convert and a jew by birth, would be absolutely nonsensical.

b'shalom

bananabrain

BB,

I agree that that first program was a bit boring. And after I made the post about the drug connections I realise I maybe got confused between the Rabbi and the "Brazillian" both of which we never got to meet.
I watched the 2nd last night and found much of it extremely moving. Though I agree that guy Neubauer and his wife to be nauseatingly superficial. But it was a very interesting study into the common experience of those that continue to suffer the effect of the holocaust even though they were sometime ignorant of how it had effected their lives for years.

As to "Kosher Body Parts" this was mentioned in a fairly recent documentary into the trade in body parts done by Panorama. It was one of those involved in an organ registry/ broker company that stated that Jewish organs were so expensive. Though he did not state why and it is possible it is for the 'health' reasons you state. If I ever get so desperate I am ready to consider selling my organs I will have to consider converting though :rolleyes:

tao

Speaking of body parts....I suppose if you really wanted to make it look like Jews accepted the Trinity, you might try to circumcise some Trinitarians or their children. I cannot absolutely say that is why a Catholic hospital circumcised me as a baby. Apparently, circumcision was a medical fad in the USA when I was born. I cannot absolutely say there was a religious reason for my circumcision, but I can reasonably say that it may have been. How can I say it? Because they don't do that to all the baby boys any longer as there is no real medical advantage in it. If there is no real medical advantage, then why did they perform the procedure, really? I never even knew what was missing until somebody told me about it many years later! I'm glad I don't remember it.

Back