stuff evolution i am a human being not an ape!

stuff evolution i am human not an ape! [just balme dawkins for all these threads lols].
I only got as far as the first sentence when I realized you have an appallingly skewed understanding of evolution so I thought some clarification was in order.

Firstly, you make a common mistake for those who have not studied the subject you are arguing against.

Unfortunately, your entire premise is terribly flawed. I see this frequently. My suspicion is that you have been coached by religious entities who certainly have a vested interest in placating your desire to believe the religious tales and fables in lieu of hard facts.

Meaning, of course that the “man into ape” nonsense displays a fundamental lack of understanding. Man was never an ape. Man was never descended from a monkey. Man and primates shared a common ancestor but branched off in separate directions. That’s not at all uncommon in evolutionary history, by the way, for species to diverge in different directions while sharing a common ancestry.

hi, resigned
My suspicion is that you have been coached by religious entities who certainly have a vested interest in placating your desire to believe the religious tales and fables in lieu of hard facts.

i don’t belong to any religion or cult and was brought up as an athiest.

Meaning, of course that the "man into ape" nonsense displays a fundamental lack of understanding. Man was never an ape. Man was never descended from a monkey. Man and primates shared a common ancestor but branched off in separate directions.

i am aware of that, ‘ape’ was simply referring to the group where used as a common euphemism for that common ancestor, it was just for the title for the op really. the point was that we are more than evolution, simply because once you can change genes you are no longer a product of them, we are or will be our own product.

sure we still evolve but it is by our own means as well as by nature. the more we understand about evolution and genes, the more we can escape their clutches.

Animals also decide how they evolve. That is what sexual selection is all about. If we collectively decide how we are going to evolve we would call that social selection. Anyway you slice it it is still natural selection and evolution still applies.

In response to the earlier hint that bonobos might be breed compatible with sapiens, I looked around just a very little. Somebody got funding to inseminate chimps -- one Illya Ivanovich Ivanov Humanzee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I don't know whether the article is a joke or not, but it looks real.

Back