Foriegn + Indie Movies - (The Anti-Hollywood Thread)

Trailers!!

Half Nelson:

YouTube - Half Nelson trailer

La Haine: (no subtitles, but still wicked)

YouTube - La Haine - bande annonce - (1995)

Let the Right One In:

YouTube - Let the Right One In Official HD Trailer

Turtles Can Fly:

YouTube - Turtles can Fly Trailer

and for old time's sake:
Requiem for a Dream - Ending

(Do NOT click here if you have not seen this movie)

YouTube - Requiem for a Dream - ending scene

... I just found this while looking for these trailers above and
had to post it... man... this movie just killed it... After all these years,
this scene still makes me feel sick... like literally...

The Chaser (Korean) <--------<< About a serial killer, and amazingly done. Storyline, screenplay, character development, its got everything. With this movie, the S.Koreans are now definitely in the big leagues... watch out China and Japan, new kid on the block...

p.s. check this out:
YouTube - Death to my Hometown (Logh) Video Song
random discovery, some Swedish band

c0de, check out KungFu Hustle........ Its a scream and beautifully filmed..... (trust me, Im a mother.... LOL)

If that's what I think it is, then I'd like to say I thought that movie was funny, especially with the landlady chasing the main character. That scene was like Coyote and the Roadrunner. I like the last part of that scene, where the landlady goes through the billboard.

Also, do take a look at Kung Fu Soccer, same concept, same team, a lot more chineseness, & yea..... the girl (zhao wei) is prettier.

I had a look, but the looks don't quite get to me. I prefer neatly combed hair rather than the frizzy hairstyle she's got in that picture. But she might still be charming as looks are only one aspect of a girl/woman's beauty. I'd have to meet her in real life, in three and four dimensions. Just a picture won't do.

Still . . . I'm just not sure if I like the hairstyle. She also seems a bit too skinny. She needs to put on some weight. Eat some more ice cream. More fish and chips. Visit McDonalds more often.:D

... I know, sounds weri undesi :D)

What does that mean? Are you speaking in French again?

If there are any subtitle fanatics here,
please let me know of some good titles.
Independent flicks would also be appreciated,

Any recent recommendations, c0de? - seem to be in a bit of a quality desert at the moment. :rolleyes:

s.

Any recent recommendations, c0de? - seem to be in a bit of a quality desert at the moment. :rolleyes:

s.

Theres a Japanese flick Battle Royale, Ive only seen parts of this but it looked good. Its about a bunch of school kids who abducted and sealed on an island, and (check this out) are forced to kill each other to survive on a reality show!!! Its got like 8/10 on imdb and 82% on rottentomatoes... its on my own cue list.

I saw a good movie on Iraq recently: The Hurt Locker.

... the last foreign flick I saw was The Chaser, watch that if you haven't already. Oldboy is another good one from Korea. The Host, is another.

OK thanks, I'll look out for them. :)

(I don't do torrents!)

s.

(I don't do torrents!)

s.

my ISP just sent me a warning they got from Paramount about my supposedly insidious activities... and im like... EXCUSE ME!! this is FREKIN CANADA! like what the hell eh??

@ Grey

u know it ;)

@ Dream

copy that, trailer looks good.

btw

For those of you who haven't seen "Quarantine" yet... dont.
Watch the original Spanish version "REC" instead.

Back