JW doctrine — a private revelation?

Apply Bible counsel: They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God’s Word in everyday life now—at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person’s past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God’s Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

AND ITS ALL VERY GOOD :)

The above list briefly states some outstanding beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses but by no means all the points on which their beliefs are different from those of other groups. AND ITS ALL SCRIPTUALLY BASED thats the way to do it :)

Sorry Mee but I did use the word cult very deliberately and absolutely pejoratively. But most of all I used it accurately.

I have done enough looking at the cult of the watchtower to have drawn my conclusions on how and why it was founded and its subsequent growth. I have looked at its selective translations, its methodology and its grip on the psyches of its members and can only honestly call it a cult based on these observations.

I know that the watchtower has equipped you with many wholly irrelevant counters to what I say, as cults must. And that what I say will not even really be heard by you. None the less I put it to you as someone who can see the wood and not the trees that the cult of the watchtower is not only a cult, it is a "quintessential" cult.

tao

I know that the watchtower has equipped you

tao
it certainly has :) and its all good bible based things , only the best will do for mee

Jesus is feeding those faithful ones real good spiritual food
matthew 24;45-47

and they love to share it out with mee ,and with others , its good to share good things :)

Heavenly life: They believe that 144,000 spirit-anointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the rewa d for everyone who is "good."

AND ITS ALL VERY GOOD :)
It is 144,000 virgin males, who bear witness. Nothing in the bible states they are "christian" or JWs...

Sorry Mee but I did use the word cult very deliberately and absolutely pejoratively. But most of all I used it accurately.

I have done enough looking at the cult of the watchtower to have drawn my conclusions on how and why it was founded and its subsequent growth. I have looked at its selective translations, its methodology and its grip on the psyches of its members and can only honestly call it a cult based on these observations.

I know that the watchtower has equipped you with many wholly irrelevant counters to what I say, as cults must. And that what I say will not even really be heard by you. None the less I put it to you as someone who can see the wood and not the trees that the cult of the watchtower is not only a cult, it is a "quintessential" cult.

tao

I am so glad you are always around to cast the first stone :) No idea what we'd do else!

It is 144,000 virgin males, who bear witness. Nothing in the bible states they are "christian" or JWs...

to be spiritually clean is what it is all about . and no contamination in sight, pure worship is good ,

Not to intercede on an already righteous discussion in regard to the "faithful and discreet slave of Jehovah", but I have a question for you mee. What d'you think of this scripture:

Luke 21:14-15 - 14Therefore settle it in YOUR hearts not to rehearse beforehand how to make YOUR defense, 15 for I will give YOU a mouth and wisdom, which all YOUR opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute

Now, you may or may not realize this off the bat, but check out the New World Translation - It's from there. None of our unsatisfactory translations which do not use the holy name Jehovah.

Read in context, this is in reference to, as verse 12 indicates, when the true Christians will be persecuted and brought to courts for a testimony on the Lord's part. But isn't that what's happening? Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses being prejudiced against worldwide? I mean, isn't that what I'M doing, right now? It's supposed to happen in the end times - Isn't that where we are (I have a question about that, but in due time).

Well, based on that scripture, you're not supposed to be rehearsing what you will say to us and, rather, you're supposed to be putting forth God's word through holy spirit. Am I right?

Now, look back at your posts. Sure, you quote scriptures, every now and then, but how did you get the quotes from the Watchtower's publications? Holy spirit? Or did you look it up and copy and paste, as I suspect you did? Are you not doing, on this very forum, what the Bible tells you not to do? Is this how the Watchtower has taught you to do things? How about your theocratic ministry school learnings? Do they tell you to quote Watchtower paragraphs and information? But this isn't supposed to be done. We are to rely on holy spirit when we are being prejudiced.

Now, as to my question in regard to 1914, I have a question. A scripture used in the book What Does The Bible Really Teach? says:

Luke 21:24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled

Again, from NWT. Now, based on verse 20, where Jesus hints toward the date we should be using in reference to Jerusalem is not 607 B.C.E. but after the time of Christ, and the fact that Jerusalem fell in 70 C.E., doesn't it make MORE SENSE to use the second date (70 C.E.) and not a date irrelevent to the chapter, let alone the book of Luke?

Not to intercede on an already righteous discussion in regard to the "faithful and discreet slave of Jehovah",

quote]
Yes the bible informs us in matthew 24;45-47 that Jesus is feeding faithful ones with many good things, and mee likes to feed from that faithful class, and it is all good bible based food to share with others .

and it is VERY GOOD :) and they are JEHOVAHS WITNESSES.

:) ITS THE BEST CHANNEL TO FEED FROM:) i like good bible based food it is very good healthy spiritual food .

Now, as to my question in regard to 1914, I have a question. A scripture used in the book What Does The Bible Really Teach? says:

Luke 21:24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled

Again, from NWT. Now, based on verse 20, where Jesus hints toward the date we should be using in reference to Jerusalem is not 607 B.C.E. but after the time of Christ, and the fact that Jerusalem fell in 70 C.E., doesn't it make MORE SENSE to use the second date (70 C.E.) and not a date irrelevent to the chapter, let alone the book of Luke?

yes the bible teach book , printed by JEHOVAHS WITNESSES good food to take in :)

How and when, though, did God’s rulership begin to be "trampled on by the nations"? This happened in 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians. "Jehovah’s throne" became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26) Would this ‘trampling’ go on forever? No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last king, Zedekiah: "Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. . . . It will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him." (Ezekiel 21:26, 27) The one who has "the legal right" to the Davidic crown is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33) So the ‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became King.

and yes it was in 1914:)

Well, based on that scripture, you're not supposed to be rehearsing what you will say to us and, rather, you're supposed to be putting forth God's word through holy spirit. Am I right?

quote]
yes the bible has all the answers , and it is very good DANIEL 12;4:) AND NOW in these the last days, true knowledge is ABUNDANT.

THE BIBLE IS GOOD

What Does The Bible Really Teach?
quote]

:) YES A GOOD TEACHING AID INDEED:)

bible_teach.jpg
What Does the Bible Really Teach?

good food from the faithful ones matthew 24;45-47, straight from the hand of JESUS .

GOOD CHANNEL TO FEED FROM and its printed by JEHOVAHS WITNESSES,

:)AND MEE THINKS ITS VERY GOOD:)

If you think for a fraction of a second, mee, that I was agreeing with you or your Watchtower, you are mistaken, my friend.

mee said:
Yes the bible informs us in matthew 24;45-47 that Jesus is feeding faithful ones with many good things, and mee likes to feed from that faithful class, and it is all good bible based food to share with others .

Prove to me the Watchtower is this faithful slave.

Further, prove to me is not the disobedient slave spoken up only scriptures later.

Now, it is your job according to the Watchtower's interpretation of scripture to bring me to the truth, is it not? Prove these things. Bring me to the light.

mee said:
yes the bible has all the answers , and it is very good DANIEL 12;4:) AND NOW in these the last days, true knowledge is ABUNDANT.

Not to seem offensive, however, I suggest you reread what I wrote. The Bible was not mentioned in your quote of what I typed.

As to the scripture, prove to me we're in the last days.

Now, I entreat you, please, look back at the scriptures I quoted and refute me.

If you think for a fraction of a second, mee, that I was agreeing with you or your Watchtower, you are mistaken, my friend.

quote]
mee is most certainly agreeing with what the watchtower printed by Jehovahs witnesses has to say, thats because it is annoucing JEHOVAHS KINGDOM. and it is all GOODNEWS
matthew 24;14 Daniel 2;44

but each to their own:)

Further, prove to me is not the disobedient slave spoken up only scriptures later.

quote]
yes indeed there certainly is a faithful slave class , matthew 24;45-47

and there most certainly is and was a disobedient slave , and that disobedient slave even got to verbally abuse the FAITHFUL ONES

which in turn led to no more enlightenment for those disobedient ones , only faithful ones are given even more responsibility and enlightenment.

disobedient ones end up in spiritual darkness with no enlightenment at all.

but faithful ones are seeing that light get brighter and brighter, and those flashes of light are making them see so clear it is REALLY GOOD and they know just the right way to go
:)

"Light itself has flashed up for the righteous one, and rejoicing even for the ones upright in heart."—Ps. 97:11.

yes, Jehovah’s holy spirit sheds light upon them, and those prophecies in the bible are opened up to them.

yes ,what the bible REALLY teaches is really good :) and it is the faithful ones who are giving it out to others.

advertize advertize advertize :) Gods kingdom has been born and Jesus is a reigning king Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14

i love good bible based spiritual food and it comes from FAITHFUL ONES
matthew 24;45-47:)

Now, it is your job according to the Watchtower's interpretation of scripture to bring me to the truth, is it not? Prove these things. Bring me to the light.

quote]

seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger. zepheniah 2;3

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
2 timothy 3;16-17

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. john 17;3

The true God is JEHOVAH PSALM 83;18

and his son is JESUS CHRIST LUKE 9;35 :)

its all in the bible about them both .

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
2 timothy 3;16-17

Are Watchtower publications concidered scripture?

Back