Jesus - Messaih?

Heksesang

Reaction score
In Islam, Jesus is described as the Messiah, but I cannot find anywhere in the Qur'an which explains -why- he is described as this.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

When the angels said, ‘Maryam, your Lord gives
you good news of a Word from Him. His name is
the Messiah, ‘Isa, son of Maryam, of high esteem
in this world and the hereafter, and one of those
brought near.’ (3:45)

And (We punished them) on account of their disbelief,
and their utterance of a monstrous slander
against Maryam, and their saying, ‘We killed the
Messiah, ‘Isa son of Maryam, Messenger of Allah.’
They did not kill him and they did not crucify him
but it was made to seem so to them. Those who
argue about him are in doubt about it. They have
no real knowledge of it, just conjecture. But they
certainly did not kill him. (4:156-157)

People of the Book! Do not go to excess in your
religion. Say nothing but the truth about Allah.
The Messiah, ‘Isa son of Maryam, was only the
Messenger of Allah and His Word, which He cast
into Maryam, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in
Allah and His Messengers. Do not say, ‘Three.’ It is
better that you stop. Allah is only One God. He is
too Glorious to have a son! Everything in the heavens
and in the earth belongs to Him. Allah suffices
as a Guardian. (4:171)

The Messiah would never disdain to be a servant
to Allah nor would the angels near to Him. If any
do disdain to worship Him, and grow arrogant, He
will in any case gather them all to Him. (4:172)

Those who say, ‘Allah is the Messiah, son of
Maryam,’ disbelieve. Say: ‘Who possesses any
power at all over Allah if He desires to destroy the
Messiah, son of Maryam, and his mother, and
everyone else on earth?’ The kingdom of the heavens
and the earth and everything between them
belongs to Allah. He creates whatever He wills.
Allah has power over all things. (5:17)

Those who say that the Messiah, son of Maryam,
is Allah are disbelievers. The Messiah said, ‘Tribe
of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. If
anyone associates anything with Allah, Allah has
forbidden him the Garden and his refuge will be
the Fire.’ The wrongdoers will have no helpers.
(5:72)

The Messiah, the son of Maryam, was only a
Messenger, before whom other Messengers came
and went. His mother was a woman of truth. Both
of them ate food. See how We make the Signs
clear to them! Then see how they are perverted!
(5:75)

The Jews say, ‘‘Uzayr is the son of Allah,’ and the
Christians say, ‘The Messiah is the son of Allah.’
That is what they say with their mouths, copying
the words of those who disbelieved before. Allah
fight them! How perverted they are! (9:30)

They have taken their rabbis and monks as lords
besides Allah, and also the Messiah, son of
Maryam. Yet they were commanded to worship
only one God. There is no god but Him! Glory be
to Him above anything they associate with Him!
(9:31)

----From Harun Yahya's index of Quran

In Islam, Jesus is described as the Messiah, but I cannot find anywhere in the Qur'an which explains -why- he is described as this.

The word "Messiah" only means the anointed one, or one who travels far.

The word "Messiah" only means the anointed one, or one who travels far.
But what exactly do Islam mean with this term? The Prophets described him as the saviour. The Jews expected him to rise Israel back to it's former glory. Christians believe he was sacrificed at the cross, and rose from death, to save us from our sins.

What did the Muslims expect this special person, Messiah, to do? For what reason was he called the Messiah?

Also, I've noticed that the Gospel and the Qur'an both describes Jesus as being the Word. But, according to the Gospel, the Word was with God and was God, from the very beginning. Do the Muslims not believe that the Word was God?

But what exactly do Islam mean with this term?
Islam means with this word what it means in Judaism. He was supposed to give Israel its former glory. But then according to the gospel storyline, Jews had him killed. So no glory.

Messeih in semitic languages come from the root M-S-H, which means to rub. In Israel, annointing holly oil was the sign for the next Prophet-King. So he was just that, the last prophet-king of Israel, nothing more, nothing less. He was the son of man, just like Adam, send with miracles, to call people towards God.

The word Kristos has a whole different worldview & metaphysics associated with it. Thats all greek stuff that lateron got associated with him.

The Prophets described him as the saviour.
Yes, & so he was. Who ever followed his orignal teachings was saved.

Also, I've noticed that the Gospel and the Qur'an both describes Jesus as being the Word. But, according to the Gospel, the Word was with God and was God, from the very beginning. Do the Muslims not believe that the Word was God?
Muslims believe the word was, a word, not God. Just like this post of mine is not me. Although it does represent me, it talks for me, it works for me, but it isnt me.

No, you'll have to walk on water too (In front of the press, now a days, people dont believe like they used to ;))

I rather take the metaphoric meanings behind those words...

btw, I think you should call yourself Mr. Messiah...

that would be so bad ass! LOL

Someone's like 'hey u the messiah man?'

and ur all like 'thats Mister Messiah 2 you buddy!'

But, but, but he said Messiah means he who travels far... I travel far.... I think that is just unfair I can't use that title....
Alex.P.Messiah......we travel great distances........;)

ontopic.... You believe he walked on water?
May be, does that make any difference?

But what exactly do Islam mean with this term? The Prophets described him as the saviour. The Jews expected him to rise Israel back to it's former glory. Christians believe he was sacrificed at the cross, and rose from death, to save us from our sins.

What did the Muslims expect this special person, Messiah, to do? For what reason was he called the Messiah?

Slaam :)

Masach in Hebrew or masaha (= literally to rub, to massage) in Arabic has the meaning of anointing someone in a religious ceremony by putting holy water or oil on them.

Jesus, peace be upon him had the ability to cure the sick, and make the dead body alive when he surveyed his blessed hand on them , and this is by the permission of God.

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus(Pease upon them ) came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in one God, brought by earlier prophets, but rather to confirm and renew it.

We believe that Allaah supported him with miracles that proved he was speaking the truth.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “(Remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). ‘O Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Rooh‑ul‑Qudus [Jibreel (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al‑Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, a figure like that of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) as you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: This is nothing but evident magic’” [al-Maa'idah 5:110]
We believe that Eesa was born from the Virgin Maryam with no father, and that is not impossible for Allaah Who, when He wills a thing, says “Be!” and it is.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, the likeness of Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]
“(Remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allaah gives you the glad tidings of a Word [‘Be!’ — and he was! i.e. Eesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah Eesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allaah.”
He will speak to the people, in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous.’
She said: ‘O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me.’ He said: ‘So (it will be) for Allaah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: “Be!” and it is’” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:45-47]

more information here ...........The Muslims? beliefs concerning the Jesus - Islam, Quran, Mary, Jesus

It seems the quran is far newer in time and the ideas of the term 'Messiah' is perhaps observed differently that judaism and christian sects.

it seems as if whether Adam, Abraham, Moses....thru to Jesus and Muhammed......... each shared truths in which to bring messages (signs)

They all contribute and Loved us by giving of themselves for our 'increased' knowledge (the evolving progression of truth).

I rather enjoyed rereading each of the chapters but being the skeptic of opinions, i was the cross referencing fool and read each a little different than conveyed in the farhan post

Perhaps try another source for the Qur’an to English rendition

Same list with three translations

YUSUFALI: Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;
PICKTHAL: (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
SHAKIR: When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
then to
YUSUFALI: That they rejected Faith; that they uttered against Mary a grave false charge;
PICKTHAL: And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;
SHAKIR: And for their unbelief and for their having uttered against Marium a grievous calumny.
YUSUFALI: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
PICKTHAL: And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
SHAKIR: And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.
and then
YUSUFALI: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
PICKTHAL: O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One Allah. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.
SHAKIR: O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
YUSUFALI: Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).
PICKTHAL: The Messiah will never scorn to be a slave unto Allah, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorneth His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him;
SHAKIR: The Messiah does by no means disdain that he should be a servant of Allah, nor do the angels who are near to Him, and whoever disdains His service and is proud, He will gather them all together to Himself.
about Jesus
YUSUFALI: In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things."
PICKTHAL: They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth? Allah's is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things.
SHAKIR: Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely, Allah-- He is the Messiah, son of Marium. Say: Who then could control anything as against Allah when He wished to destroy the Messiah son of Marium and his mother and all those on the earth? And Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is between them; He creates what He pleases; and Allah has power over all things,
and
YUSUFALI: They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
PICKTHAL: They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.
SHAKIR: Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah, He is the Messiah, son of Marium; and the Messiah said: O Children of Israel! serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Surely whoever associates (others) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden to him the garden, and his abode is the fire; and there shall be no helpers for the unjust.

again
YUSUFALI: Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!
PICKTHAL: The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!
SHAKIR: The Messiah, son of Marium is but a messenger; messengers before him have indeed passed away; and his mother was a truthful woman; they both used to eat food. See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away.
consistent
YUSUFALI: The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!
PICKTHAL: And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!
SHAKIR: And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!
YUSUFALI: They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).
PICKTHAL: They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One Allah. There is no Allah save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)!
SHAKIR: They have taken their doctors of law and their monks for lords besides Allah, and (also) the Messiah son of Marium and they were enjoined that they should serve one Allah only, there is no god but He; far from His glory be what they set up (with Him).
Lots of good reading and search tools http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/004.qmt.html

But the meat and potatoes is further in the 003 chapter

YUSUFALI: "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."
PICKTHAL: He will speak unto mankind in his cradle and in his manhood, and he is of the righteous.
SHAKIR: And he shall speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he shall be) one of the good ones.
YUSUFALI: She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
PICKTHAL: She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.
SHAKIR: She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to I me, and man has not touched me? He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is.
YUSUFALI: "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,
PICKTHAL: And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,
SHAKIR: And He will teach him the Book and the wisdom and the Tavrat and the Injeel.
YUSUFALI: "And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;
PICKTHAL: And will make him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you, if ye are to be believers.
SHAKIR: And (make him) a messenger to the children of Israel: That I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I determine for you out of dust like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah's permission and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah's permission and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses; most surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.
YUSUFALI: "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.
PICKTHAL: And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me.
SHAKIR: And a verifier of that which is before me of the Taurat and that I may allow you part of that which has been forbidden t you, and I have come to you with a sign from your Lord therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah and obey me.
YUSUFALI: "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"
PICKTHAL: Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.
SHAKIR: Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.
YUSUFALI: When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.
PICKTHAL: But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).
SHAKIR: But when Isa perceived unbelief on their part, he said Who will be my helpers in Allah's way? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the way) of Allah: We believe in Allah and bear witness that we are submitting ones.
YUSUFALI: "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness."
PICKTHAL: Our Lord! We believe in that which Thou hast revealed and we follow him whom Thou hast sent. Enrol us among those who witness (to the truth).
SHAKIR: Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed and we follow the messenger, so write us down with those who bear witness.
YUSUFALI: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
PICKTHAL: And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
SHAKIR: And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.
YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
PICKTHAL: (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.
SHAKIR: And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.

Jesus wasn’t the last……….

as well sharing like all the other messengers before: the DAYS are what is most important

kind of like................ these days

I didnt exactly get your point

perhaps, the thread opening is what i was focused on rather than just rebutting your post

it seems as if whether Adam, Abraham, Moses....thru to Jesus and Muhammed......... each shared truths in which to bring messages (signs)

They all contribute and Loved us by giving of themselves for our 'increased' knowledge (the evolving progression of truth).

the idea of Messiah in quran as being 'annoited messengers'

my opinion (translation)

I'm not sure if I really get your point, Bishadi. What made Jesus, being the Messiah, different from the other prophets? From my assumption, the Islam view of a Messiah would be the same as the Jewish?

Also, the Scripture, the Psalms and the Gospel are all holy books of Islam. Psalms 2 describes Messiah as Son of God, who will sit at the mountain Sion, rule the nations and break them with iron rod. Yet, the Qur'an says that Jesus is Messiah, but he is not Son of God? What is it that I'm missing here, for this to make sense?

What made Jesus, being the Messiah, different from the other prophets? From my assumption, the Islam view of a Messiah would be the same as the Jewish?

The difference is in the application. The Jews are still waiting for
their Messiah. We believe their Messiah was Jesus PBUH. However,
we also believe that the messiah, gave a further prophecy of
"the comforter" who would be sent not just to the Jewish nation,
(as was Jesus, who was only sent to the Jews) but to all mankind.
We believe that this person was the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
Another verse in which Jesus PBUH talks about the coming of
the Prophet Muhammad is: Gospel of John, Chapter 6, Verse 12.

Psalms 2 describes Messiah as Son of God, who will sit at the mountain Sion, rule the nations and break them with iron rod. Yet, the Qur'an says that Jesus is Messiah, but he is not Son of God? What is it that I'm missing here, for this to make sense?

In Matthew 6:1 and John 20:15-17, the term "son of God" is taken
as a metaphor, and applied to all true servants of God.
God has no begotten sons, according to the Muslim view.

The difference is in the application. The Jews are still waiting for
their Messiah. We believe their Messiah was Jesus PBUH. However,
we also believe that the messiah, gave a further prophecy of
"the comforter" who would be sent not just to the Jewish nation,
(as was Jesus, who was only sent to the Jews) but to all mankind.
We believe that this person was the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
Another verse in which Jesus PBUH talks about the coming of
the Prophet Muhammad is: Gospel of John, Chapter 6, Verse 12.
Jesus was sent to the Jews, but His message was delivered to all of the world through His followers. The Gospel does after all preach salvation to anyone, regardless if they are Jews or not.

About that verse, I fail to see how that particular verse relates to the comming of Muhammad. Sure you picked the correct one?

In Matthew 6:1 and John 20:15-17, the term "son of God" is taken
as a metaphor, and applied to all true servants of God.
God has no begotten sons, according to the Muslim view.

I've noticed that as well. But, in the Psalms, it specifically says:

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Why would He specify that the Messiah is His Son, if the term Son of God is applied to any true servant of God? Also, this verse specifies that indeed God had begotten Him, yet it's one of the holy texts of Islam. How can Muslims not believe it then?

Back