Happy Passover

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
I'm not sure if "happy" is quite the right way to recognize the occasion, but I wish our Jewish friends a good Passover season coming up.

I know I'm a few days early, but I might not get to post that day. Kindest Regards all the way around.

Can't beat a good baby slaying!! *puts on party hat* have a good un!

Actually, if you're familiar with the story of the Exodus, it was the slaying of all firstborn Egyptian creatures (plus the drowning of all the Egyptian soldiers at the Red Sea*.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

*interesting piece of trivia - according to the Bible, the moment the Egyptians were covered by the Red Sea, an angelic choir readied themselves to sing, but G!d/dess stopped them because some of His/Her children were drowning, therefore it was inappropriate to "celebrate".

Why thank ya Juan!

To build on what Phyllis said, we take a moment to remember the suffering of the Egyptians during the seder, not to celebrate it.

I also think of Passover as an opportunity to break free from thoughts and ideas which constrain us. It can be a spiritual freedom.

To build on what Phyllis said, we take a moment to remember the suffering of the Egyptians during the seder, not to celebrate it.

I had a feeling "happy" wasn't quite the word I wanted, and yet "somber" just seemed so...wrong...too.

At any rate, it is an important anniversary to reflect upon. I always find setting aside leavened bread the most difficult part. No matter how hard I try I always slip somewhere...

If you have a "craving" for leavened bread, bake a batch of InLove's Passover bagels (as posted in the Mystery Thread) or a matzo pizza (I'll post the easy recipe if anyone's interested on the Mystery Thread.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Matzo pizza? Sounds intriguing. I never know what to do with the leftovers...even the squirrels won't eat them. :eek:

avi said:
I also think of Passover as an opportunity to break free from thoughts and ideas which constrain us. It can be a spiritual freedom.

Word. I'm leading the second seder using this haggadah: Amazon.com: The Holistic Haggadah: How Will You Be Different This Passover Night: Michael L. Kagan: Books

juan said:
I had a feeling "happy" wasn't quite the word I wanted, and yet "somber" just seemed so...wrong...too.

No no, happy is the word. That was directed at Alex. The theme of liberation is quite happy, but we take a moment out of the celebration to remember the suffering of the Egyptians.

nice bb.... gotta love humor...and the Jews for their humor.

many a Christian would be ready to start a protest if when something similar is done around Easter or Christmas.

Back