Todd Bentley reveals the secret to his power!

Evidently, Mr. Bentley's "ministry" has been suspended, amid reports of an adulterous relationship with a staff member, which was confirmed later on. He has since divorced his wife and remarried. BTW, his ex-wife has had bone cancer since the age of 16. One wonders if this may have played another factor in his divorce, seeing how it would affect his status as a miracle healer. I mean, if you can't cure your own wife....

Also, he quit doing revivals last August after ABC's Nightline did a report in which they could not find one documented case of a healing,

ABC Nightline>Faith Matters said:
When asked to present evidence of the healings, Bentley promised to give "Nightline" the names and medical records of three followers who would talk openly about his miracles. He never delivered. Instead, his staff gave "Nightline" a binder filled with what he says are inspiring miracles, but with scant hard evidence. It offered incomplete contact information, a few pages of incomplete medical records, and the doctors' names were crossed out.
When pressed further, Bentley provided the name of a woman in California who had a large tumor in her uterus that shrank after she saw Bentley.
Her husband, however, told "Nightline" that it could be a coincidence because she was still undergoing medical treatment. He said she was too tired to talk to us at the time but added that she was regaining her strength day by day.

The husband did provide some of his wife's medical records from a clinic in Tijuana, Mexico, where she went for cancer treatment after being turned away by American hospitals. They, however, insisted on obscuring the clinic's name and the names of the doctors.
Not a single claim of Bentley's healing powers could be independently verified.

Source: ABC News>Nightline>Faith Matters>Thousands Flock to revival in Search of Miracles

However, I highly doubt we've seen the last of Todd Bentley. Indeed, it's already begun:

Todd Bentley Begins Restoration Process

Todd Bentley is cool, sure he has fallen from grace and has come under attack from many people, but I believe that people really were healed at the Florida Outpouring I was involved in the Dudley Outpouring here in the UK which was sort of a sister movement with the Florida one and saw people healed with my own eyes.

saw people healed with my own eyes.
If you know any of them personally you may want to visit and see how they are and what they believe.

It appears his claims are in the thousands yet couldn't produce three. Of course Dateline had an agenda... although proving him a healer would be as much news as proving him not.

I don't give a twit about someone's claim to heal. What I can't stand are these bastages that tell people to 'sow a seed' for their healing. Granted, people can be gullible, but when these 'anointed ones' lead so many on, especially in poorer countries, it really ticks me off.

Like this story about a blind boy who was supposedly healed at a Benny Hinn crusade. Are these healings real?

The Price of Healing said:
For William Vandenkolk of Las Vegas, the answer is no. Sitting cross-legged in front of a big-screen TV, the 11-year-old squints through Coke-bottle glasses at a Miracle Crusade video made more than two years ago in which he starred as a boy who miraculously recovered from blindness. "I liked it at first because I thought I was being healed," says William in the living room of his aunt and uncle's home.
On the screen, Hinn bends down to William, his hands on the child's face. "Look at these tears," says Hinn, peering into the child's eyes. "William, baby, can you see me?"
Before more than 15,000 people in a Las Vegas arena, William nods. In a small voice, the boy says: "As soon as God healed me, I could see better." Hinn, an arm wrapped around William, tells the audience that God has told him to pay the child's medical expenses and education. People weep. Today William is still legally blind and says his sight never improved, and that his onstage comments were wishful thinking. "It's pretty sad when you mess with a little boy's mind," says Randy Melthratter, William's uncle and guardian. Melthratter says it took two years, a series of phone calls and a reporter's inquiry before his family was told where a $10,000 fund had been set up in William's name. Family members say they still haven't received any paperwork on how to access the money. For their part, ministry officials say they were told that William's sight improved initially and that Melthratter was kept fully apprised of his nephew's fund.
The Price of Healing

Yeah, sure. Keep them apprised.

sure not everyone gets healed. but some do

lack of faith is a miracle killer

Matthew 13:58 (New International Version)

58And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

no doubt that these people are human and make mistakes and there are tragedies because not every on is healed. however some people are healed both physically and emotionally and many people are touched and there lives transformed by the awesome power of God.

now what does the Bible say ?

John 11:40 (New International Version)

40Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
Matthew 17:18-20 (New International Version)

18Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.
19Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"
20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."[a]
John 14:12-14 (New International Version)

12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
I choose to believe the Bible, I am not moving in signs wonders and miracles but perhaps one day soon, God willing. I am a work in progress after all and I must look to Jesus. And I would not like my lack of faith to get in the way of the Kingdom of Heaven being released on earth.

Hebrews 12:2 (New International Version)

2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I dont know who this person is but I want to give a general warning about believing what you see.

The enemy can do miracles too and signs and wonders that will even fool the elect.. Remember even the anti-christ will be healed from a fatal wound.

The best thing to do is pay attention to who the focus of all this is on.. Jesus Christ or someone else. Thats how you can stay on the right track. I believe theres also an abuse of sorts going on in some of these mega churches.. abusing the gifts of the spirit which includes healings.

Just my 2c

sure not everyone gets healed. but some do

lack of faith is a miracle killer

Well, lets get one thing straight. I have no doubt that God can heal. I may even believe that some get healed at some of these meetings, but it isn't happening because of these creeps. If it is happening at all, it is on the part of the faith of the one's getting healed and the prayers of others around them.

I think something is definitely wrong when Benny Hinn starts passing out the coffers and rakes in hundreds of thousands of dollars at these meetings, just so he'll have enough fuel for his learjet and gas in his Mercedes-Benz G500. All the while, people are scraping their life savings in desperation for a miracle that many will never see.

Crikey! This bothers me to no end.

Well, a tool and their money are soon parted.
So if people wish to be tools and give their money to a huckster then what law prevents them?
Common sense says to think things through, etc, but if they had common sense they wouldn't be tools then, would they.

These people are not lacking common sense but priviledge of birth. It is not a lack of sense, because people in all groups have the same amount of sense. I'm not saying you shouldn't play ball aggressively, just don't make believe that you have better sense than others. Better to be lucky than smart. You might/would do the same in their situation, and since priviledge is not a competition its ok to have some compassion.

Well, a tool and their money are soon parted.
So if people wish to be tools and give their money to a huckster then what law prevents them?
Common sense says to think things through, etc, but if they had common sense they wouldn't be tools then, would they.

It's not a lack of common sense, but ignorance of what the Scriptures say. For example, when these TV snake oilers tell their audience to 'sow a seed' they are referencing the Parable of the Sower as told by Jesus in Mark 4:2-8:

Mark 4:2-8 said:
And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,
Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

To the hucksters, the 'seed' is a specific amount of money (say, $1000) one should sow into their ministry. They will even go so far as to tell you that you will get a hundred-fold return on your investment, based on the last verse of the parable.

Trouble is, Jesus isn't talking about money at all. He identifies the 'seed' as being the Word of God later on in the chapter. And the varying soils represents differing attitudes people have in receiving the Word. Those who don't receive the Word will fall away or become entangled with the affairs of this world. Those who do receive the Word will reap more fruit, that is souls for the kingdom, the only thing that will last anyway.

no doubt that these people are human and make mistakes and there are tragedies because not every on is healed. however some people are healed both physically and emotionally and many people are touched and there lives transformed by the awesome power of God.

I choose to believe the Bible, I am not moving in signs wonders and miracles but perhaps one day soon, God willing. I am a work in progress after all and I must look to Jesus. And I would not like my lack of faith to get in the way of the Kingdom of Heaven being released on earth.

I certainly agree that God does and will heal people, and that the healing may come through the laying of hands, and that some people may have the gift of healing. However, I doubt that they are attracted to the spotlight. Jesus was the first, and if there are others then surely they follow his ways, and Jesus' way was to avoid fame and to heal people quietly. Jesus never asked for anything in return, and in fact told his disciples that they were given freely, and thus were to freely give.

In my opinion, as soon as you see one of these so-called miracle healers on television, or as soon as they put their hand out and ask for money to continue their ministry, they are not to be trusted. Healing is not some parlour trick that is performed to get people roped into believing in Jesus Christ; rather, a person's healing is an immense personal wish, and it is given because God is gracious. All too often these fellows claim the glory for themselves, either implicitly or explicitly, and that is the mark of a con artist.

Back