Your God/Goddess

So, I just wanted to start a little thread on your God or Goddess or both.

I myself have had a strong connection with Isis... I think she is the epitome of what a woman should be - strong, loving and protective.

It took me a while to get a connection with any God at all, but I eventually found a companion in Cernunnos really. Completely different kinds of Gods - one Egyptian, the other Celtic. But I'm eclectic what can I say??

Hoping there's a good number of Pagans out there....
Let me know why or how you have found your connections....

Hannah x
I did a lot of study some years back and found there is a god and goddess in every mainstream religion. I also found in study on religious history that people did worship the goddess along side with god but that priesthoods became primarily male oriented and denied the goddess even killing anyone who would acknowledge there is a female counterpart to god. In the original text of the bible they did not use the word god. It originally read that the creator was singluar(the oneness of male and female) and plural at the same time showing it was a male and a female deity who was two, one and three all at the same time making up one complex being. Originally the human race was in this condition but due to adultery lost that oneness.I am glad to see that in this day and age , in our country it is ok to acknowledge the female divine without the threat of being hurt.

I did a lot of study some years back and found there is a god and goddess in every mainstream religion. I also found in study on religious history that people did worship the goddess along side with god but that priesthoods became primarily male oriented and denied the goddess even killing anyone who would acknowledge there is a female counterpart to god.

Did your study involve Islam? What role did the feminine have there?

Yes it did involve Islam. I found that they too did worship gods female counterpart and her name is allatu. I also found that the women dress in black to represent allatu. I also found that the black stone at chobar represents allatu and that the ritual of kissing the stone is to bring the woman back into oneness with the male as it was before the fall. I did a lot of research some years back. The female counterpart has been forgotten. I am sure that the majority of muslims do not know this because they do not do research on Islamic history. Just like chrisitans do not know that the bible from the hebrew originally acknowledged god along with his female counterpart in genesis. When the translated the bible they replaced the phrase with the word GOD. Originally it was singluar as well as plural, just like the account of the human race in the beginning. Originally the human community was made up of male and female pairs but even though they were two were literally one being made up of the two halfs. Like left and right brain.

I also forgot to mention that In hebrew the original text did not say god. It said In the beginning was the Creator(S) which is singular and plural. All the original texts correctly reads that way.

Of course it didn't say G!d...this is an English translation, much as Allah is an Arabic....

I believe the word was Elohem, or YHWH... both of which are also obviously not correct as they are also english sounding replacements for the original hebrew....

Have you read, Goddess of the Gospels?

Of course it didn't say G!d...this is an English translation, much as Allah is an Arabic....

I believe the word was Elohem, or YHWH... both of which are also obviously not correct as they are also english sounding replacements for the original hebrew....

Have you read, Goddess of the Gospels?
Yes I did read goddess of the gospels? Can you send me the link. I read it some years back and would like to read it again. YHWH means I am . The hebrew YHVH is JEHOVAH in Hebrew.

Yes it did involve Islam. I found that they too did worship gods female counterpart and her name is allatu. I also found that the women dress in black to represent allatu.
If you ask actual Muslims, you will find that the women do this because black is the least transparent and least revealing/attractive colour. The women of Islam, are to completely cover their attractive parts so as not to cause men to be attracted and lose control. But not all coverings are black. Many are blue and there are many colors used. The most common is black, for the reason I just laid out. The women of Islam literally try to be as unattractive as possible in public. Pretty colors would obviously be worn far less often.

Just like chrisitans do not know that the bible from the hebrew originally acknowledged god along with his female counterpart in genesis.
Please provide supporting evidence to this claim, and make sure your evidence relates specifically and explicitly to the "female counterpart."

When the translated the bible they replaced the phrase with the word GOD.
The phrase you can't seem to recall is Elohim. It can be used as a singular or plural reference to male God or Gods. Bible-believers generally agree that the plural context of the word relates to the different aspects of the male God, also known in the bible as the Father. And for Christians, one of those aspects is Christ. In a couple of instances, the "Elohim" actually exchange ideas. Generally, Christians believe it's simply an exchange between God and Christ (the Father and the Son). I expect that with the Jews, a plural context for Elohim refers to God and the Holy Spirit.

I believe all gods and goddesses worshipped by humans are human inventions. I created my own which has to listen to my angst, but can't answer back!:D

I believe all gods and goddesses worshipped by humans are human inventions. I created my own which has to listen to my angst, but can't answer back!:D

Quirky, you might have just found part of the common ground that we all share to some degree: angst. I hope it is not offensive that I find myself wanting to be a fly on that wall sometime when you speak to your deity. There is always more than meets the eye about people. Me, you, everyone.

So, I just wanted to start a little thread on your God or Goddess or both.

I myself have had a strong connection with Isis... I think she is the epitome of what a woman should be - strong, loving and protective.

It took me a while to get a connection with any God at all, but I eventually found a companion in Cernunnos really. Completely different kinds of Gods - one Egyptian, the other Celtic. But I'm eclectic what can I say??

Hoping there's a good number of Pagans out there....
Let me know why or how you have found your connections....

Hannah x
I'm not really Pagan anymore but I think I can still contribute to this thread.

My primary deity right now is Lucifer. It's a rather long story how that happened but I'll try to make it as short as possible: When I was fifteen, I had an interest in the series the Vampire Chronicles (by Anne Rice) and had finished reading Memnoch The Devil. After finishing it, I had questions on whether Lucifer was truly evil or not and if he truly was the devil and begun to study and learn as much as I could about him.

Through it, I started to equate him less with Satan and view him as his own being and also came across some small evidence that the name Lucifer, at the very least, had some history behind it (minor Roman deity; personification of the morning star). I also learned a small bit about Helel, which kind of shown that maybe there was a small bit of history behind the story I hear so much about.

I was a bit scared though of worshiping/revering him because of the stigma attached to him and ended up following other Pagan paths and working with other deities because of it. However, I eventually gave up running away from him and accept that I was drawn to him and that acceptance started me to the inevitable outcome of worshiping/revering him.

I'm not really Pagan anymore but I think I can still contribute to this thread.

My primary deity right now is Lucifer. It's a rather long story how that happened but I'll try to make it as short as possible: When I was fifteen, I had an interest in the series the Vampire Chronicles (by Anne Rice) and had finished reading Memnoch The Devil. After finishing it, I had questions on whether Lucifer was truly evil or not and if he truly was the devil and begun to study and learn as much as I could about him.

Through it, I started to equate him less with Satan and view him as his own being and also came across some small evidence that the name Lucifer, at the very least, had some history behind it (minor Roman deity; personification of the morning star). I also learned a small bit about Helel, which kind of shown that maybe there was a small bit of history behind the story I hear so much about.

I was a bit scared though of worshiping/revering him because of the stigma attached to him and ended up following other Pagan paths and working with other deities because of it. However, I eventually gave up running away from him and accept that I was drawn to him and that acceptance started me to the inevitable outcome of worshiping/revering him.
You may want to do some research on Lucifel. The catholic church has a plate with two names. Lucifel and Lucifer. Its a mirror image. Lucifer is associated with venus which is really a goddess. The plates show that Lucifel is the name of the archangel and that Lucifer being venus is the perfect female counterpart.

Hello,

Im new here - not sure if my posts show up -
I hope so as I am eager to communicate here.

I notice a lot of interest in Astrology here. I do readings, I can offer a reading for anyone who gives their birth dates, times and places -
I always enjoy doing this.

Myself I am an Aquarius with Aries Ascendant, to give a general indication of my personality structure. But that is very general - the way I interpret charts involves the aspects and houses at least as strongly as he signs.

On topic, my Goddess is Diana. But I also have contact with Persephone, and of course Venus (I am deeply Hesperus, far away from Lucifer) - then there is Juno, and lovely righteous Pallas Athena - And Demeter, and Rhea - who I believe is similar to Isis. It is hard to narrow the feminine aspect down to one Goddess - the feminine aspect in occultism is that of diversity, the world, loveliness, differentiation, color, form. A goddess is never alone.

Hello,

Im new here - not sure if my posts show up -
I hope so as I am eager to communicate here.

I notice a lot of interest in Astrology here. I do readings, I can offer a reading for anyone who gives their birth dates, times and places -
I always enjoy doing this.

Myself I am an Aquarius with Aries Ascendant, to give a general indication of my personality structure. But that is very general - the way I interpret charts involves the aspects and houses at least as strongly as he signs.

On topic, my Goddess is Diana. But I also have contact with Persephone, and of course Venus (I am deeply Hesperus, far away from Lucifer) - then there is Juno, and lovely righteous Pallas Athena - And Demeter, and Rhea - who I believe is similar to Isis. It is hard to narrow the feminine aspect down to one Goddess - the feminine aspect in occultism is that of diversity, the world, loveliness, differentiation, color, form. A goddess is never alone.
I was born October 11th in Philadelphia pa 1963. I don't know the time

You may want to do some research on Lucifel. The catholic church has a plate with two names. Lucifel and Lucifer. Its a mirror image. Lucifer is associated with venus which is really a goddess. The plates show that Lucifel is the name of the archangel and that Lucifer being venus is the perfect female counterpart.
I can't find any legitimate sources on Lucifel. Can you at all provide any? I run into anime/manga or places that mention the name but never give any information whatsoever.

I know Lucifer is/can be associated with Venus, whom is a Goddess and I know this because of Lucifer being a personification of the morning star and herald of the dawn in Roman Mythology and the morning star is Venus, which is a planet named after the Roman Goddess (Whom, like Lucifer is the counterpart of Phosphorus in Greece, is the counterpart of the Greek Goddess Aphrodite) and this does leave one to assume or think that Lucifer may very well have a female side to him [the other side of the coin dealio in essence] or is an androgynous and/or genderless being, which is likely given his Christian history and mythology.

But I wouldn't really use it to say Lucifer is one in the same as Venus or the perfect female counterpart. Lucifer shares the same planet and star with Venus but that's about it. He's a minor god in Roman Mythology and a Fallen Angel in Christianity (and Western Society) while Venus is a Goddess in both times. There's a teeny bit of a difference.

I can't find any legitimate sources on Lucifel. Can you at all provide any? I run into anime/manga or places that mention the name but never give any information whatsoever.

I know Lucifer is/can be associated with Venus, whom is a Goddess and I know this because of Lucifer being a personification of the morning star and herald of the dawn in Roman Mythology and the morning star is Venus, which is a planet named after the Roman Goddess (Whom, like Lucifer is the counterpart of Phosphorus in Greece, is the counterpart of the Greek Goddess Aphrodite) and this does leave one to assume or think that Lucifer may very well have a female side to him [the other side of the coin dealio in essence] or is an androgynous and/or genderless being, which is likely given his Christian history and mythology.

But I wouldn't really use it to say Lucifer is one in the same as Venus or the perfect female counterpart. Lucifer shares the same planet and star with Venus but that's about it. He's a minor god in Roman Mythology and a Fallen Angel in Christianity (and Western Society) while Venus is a Goddess in both times. There's a teeny bit of a difference.
I came across that years back when I was doing a lot of research. Unfortunately I cannot recently find any info on that. I do know that the catholic church does possess plates as I described. It seems to be some kind of big secret. Androgynous is the true myth. There is no such thing as an individual who is sexless. Your either male or female no matter what the anatomy is. I believe the analogy of fallen angel refers to the female being brought lower than the male. An imbalance of sorts. That imbalance is confirmed with what happened to adam and eve. I don't see Lucifer as an entity that is out to get people but rather see it as knowledge that is fact based. When I viewed those plates( I should have saved them on a flash drive) it became clear to me that it is about restoring that balance again. You do see this concept of the male and female imbalance in a lot of theology. Lucifel is actually the archangels name not Lucifer, but rather Lucifer refers to the perfect female counterpart of the male. I know this is a bit unorthodox but it makes sense. All of the archangels names end in el. Michael, Raphael , Gabriel....why would one end in er anyway? When I saw those plates it made perfect sense expecially since venus is always a goddess and never a god.

Perhaps this might be helpful: water is a thing, (although is has been metaphorically used to describe various processes.) Fire, on the other hand, is more of a process than it is a thing.

Perhaps this might be helpful: water is a thing, (although is has been metaphorically used to describe various processes.) Fire, on the other hand, is more of a process than it is a thing.
Y-fire, H-Water, V-Air, H-Earth. The Hebrew name for GOD. The vowels were not written but apparently pronounced. The vowels are EOA and are ether spread out which is really spirit.

Back