Hey what the HELL !!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is running forums a payable position :confused: or maybe you are just a really dedicated and nice guy.:D

So is running forums a payable position :confused: or maybe you are just a really dedicated and nice guy.:D

No reimbursements as far as I know other than getting to know others with something to share/in common, shawn.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine (who is also a member of two of I, Brian's sites)

Sorry, but I don't tolerate people coming onto any of my forums, just to spam it with useless junk posts in order to get their post count up and unlock features.

Ooops....

Most of my posts are useless junk, does that mean this will be a short relationship?

There's nothing to defend - and that's the point.

I run 20 forums and all of them are targeted by people trying to get past the anti-spam filters by making 10 useless posts in order to post a link. It's an instant ban.

Your friend obviously followed this method for other reasons, but not knowing that he was your friend, he was instantly banned per the norm.

To which you respond by not simply getting angry, but also defending your friend's right to short junk messages for post clocking purposes on the forum.

I'm sorry, the world doesn't work that way, and if you can't see why your attitude sucks then that's just your issue to deal with.

nice speech. :rolleyes:

Too bad it ignores the facts.

(at least you tried, eh?)

To which you respond by not simply getting angry, but also defending your friend's right to short junk messages for post clocking purposes on the forum.
First of all, -IF- you had noticed, my first response to his action was directed at him: in the following thread PRECEDING his ban.

LOL!

instead of random comments, maybe you should've just
introduced yourself to the folks here.

Introductions - Interfaith forums

(hint hint ;))

What does this show? I was aware he was in violation of the rules, and being a senior member I had exercised my responsibility by directing him to a proper alternative. To which, had you given him the chance, he might have apologized for the infraction himself in his introduction to the board.

But that wasn't enough. Instead of evaluating the case of his violation with any attention to detail, (like a RESPONSIBLE ADMINISTRATOR would do) you decided to CARPET BOMB indiscriminately. I wonder how many other good prospective members you have turned away from the board all in your paranoid quests to protect your precious forums from "junk" (in which by the way, you have FAR from succeeded, on SO MANY LEVELS).

And if your only excuse for your action is the following:

I run 20 forums....
Sorry, wrong answer.. If you cant handle the workload, then that is YOUR problem, NOT that of the members.

And, by the way, if you think that this is the only DEFECT I have detected in your administration abilities, you would also be SORELY mistaken.

But I have ALWAYS overlooked your faults before. If you remember, the last time I had an issue with administration of this forum, (which you did not address) my PM to you stated: "its your forum, do what you want". You had even decided to insult me personally by making accusations and comparisons against me which were unfair and invalid all to defend a member of this forum who is well known to be an offender (with God knows how many infractions). But I let it go. I did not even defend myself. Because I know, this is your forum.

I stopped posting on this forum altogether afterwords. (It was a few friends here and even some enemies who called me back.) But this didn't happen to me, this happened to a FRIEND of mine. And I will be damned if I didnt stand up for my friends.

Yet instead of acknowledging your mistakes (like a genuine leader), opted to DEFEND yourself without any word of apology to the person who you banned, or acknowledging the obvious defect in your system of carpet bombing the newbies. You even went on to lecture us on the virtues of your inefficient and defective new-member evaluation system!

p.s.

For the record: the banned party did not ask me to create this thread, in fact he even asked me to not to pursue this.

...To which, had you given him the chance, he might have apologized for the infraction himself in his introduction to the board.

But that wasn't enough. Instead of evaluating the case of his violation with any attention to detail.....

Yes, Brian. Wouldnt have been better if you have given that member a warning/attention notice before banning him at once?!

Not wishing to jump into the middle of what is apparently a ancient feud stretching back through the Milena here .... Oh what the hell, why not?

As a new member to the site, though a member of other similar sites, I would query the actions of C0de's 'friend'. I personally would not appreciate sack loads of spamming emails from other users of the site either from your friend or for that matter from Brian. No more than I suspect any of you would like me to start now that I've passed the threshold where I could do so. If you do wish truckloads of spam from unknown sources let me know. It can be arranged I'm sure.

C0de: I suspect that your friend is the one that did you a disservice in this case. He's the one that has abused the site and your recommendation. He presumably knew what he was doing was a direct contravention of the site rules. I suspect he respects Brian's decision and has moved on. Presumably to another site where the moderators are less protective of that sites members interests.

That Brian did this with or without first finding out if he had any mates on the site is of course nonsense. The rules are simple. You read them. You follow them and if you contravene them there should be no surprise when those rules get enforced.

Don't forget Brian wastes an appreciable amount of time protecting this and his other sites from unsolicited external spam bombardment and I can certainly understand him getting cheesed (please feel free to think of other words here) off when "members" start circumnavigating his controls.

Don't forget Brian wastes an appreciable amount of time protecting this and his other sites from unsolicited external spam bombardment and I can certainly understand him getting cheesed (please feel free to think of other words here) off when "members" start circumnavigating his controls.

Now hold the phone right there, TEIN, it is pretty obvious that you are one of Brian's alter egos.

You came over here under the pretense that you wanted to speed up human degradation by dumping the corpses over board ships, and the next thing we know you are defending Brian's expulsion of Code's "best friend".

Just because we are all libertarians, over here, it doesn't mean that we are complete idiots :D.

Drat drat and double drat - Was I that obvious.

And I thought I'd been so careful.

It's just that Brian is, as we post, wrestling with the the Internet demons in the form of Ddos attacks to his sites. Seems a bit unworthy to be kicking him in the back whiles he's doing his best to protect us from the dreaded denizens of the web.

However, since you mention it, there are still plenty of seats left on my

"See the Universe Before the End"

cruise at very reasonable rates. I could spam you the leaflets if you want. There are special discounts available for introductions from this site :)

(and no religious ceromonies included - guaranteed ;))

Yeah, well, were are still waiting to hear what the other 18 forums are so we can send select posters over there :D !!!

@ DIB

Thank-U

@ The End...

Your "suspicions" are way off buddy... Did you read the posts for which IE got the boot? (No). Not a single one of IE's posts even qualified as "spam". He did not post a single link, nor did he even post "junk" randomly. His posts were mostly all compliments to people for starting good threads, asking good questions etc. And for this, he got banned.

And what about all the real "junk" Brian has allowed to go unpunished?? Even encouraged! That's ok rite? Because after all, this is his forum.

It's all really quite simple - when someone joins and posts the following (each line is a new post)

sweet my first post... sorry guys carry on with ur debate
interesting views
nicely done
Can you explain thoroughly
Hmm... Still need to do a bit of research
you can read books regarding cat behavior
dude that pretty strange
very curious indeed
it's junk to inflate post count, usually to spam the forums.

Instant ban, no question.

I've already explained my position, so it's your choice whether you accept it or not.

However, it's pretty disappointing that you did nothing but make demands on the situation, even though it was obvious your friend was in the wrong.

In the meantime, if you want to be a part of IO, you're welcome to, but these childish outbursts have no place here.

Thread closed.

PS - Avi, is there anyone here you don't see as someone else's alter egos? :) This is my only posting account here. :)

c0de,

I think you are overreacting terribly. This is Brian's site and he acted in what he believed were its best interests. If he made a mistake, it's one that I know he would have gladly reevaluated if you approached him with a little less arrogance. This isn't a debate and you are not on equal footing. You like all of the rest of us are guests in Brian's house, if you will. As a guest you do not bring in your muddy-shoed friend and throw a tantrum when the owner of the house says he has to leave. No, you say, "Sorry about that. He didn't understand the rules. If he takes off his shoes before he enters could you let him back in?" Why don't you try taking a couple of days off, eating a little humble pie, and reevaluating your motivations?

The internet is serious business, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back