What did you do to get to heaven?

Jarrett

Reaction score
If, when dead, you stand before your creator and he asks "why should i allow you into my kingdom?" what would you say?

I would answer, "You would have to let me out of it first, because I am already in it. No one can ever leave it."

Psalm 139:15-16
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Ez 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

I would answer, "You would have to let me out of it first, because I am already in it. No one can ever leave it."

Psalm 139:15-16
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Ez 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
The soul that sinneth dies. When the flesh dies physical life ends. When the soul dies spiritual life ends. Would it not then leave the kingdom, being therefore dead? Ezekiel makes it clear what must happen to live. Ezekiel makes it clear if a man being righteous in his actions, then takes to himself unrighteousness actions no longer will his righteousness be remembered he will die. Since it is afforded to every man to die at least one death, death to eternal life would be the second death that we can be saved from. You need to be born again to not taste the second death. You either die twice or you are born twice. Blessed are those who have no part in the second death, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven, they inherit eternal life. However we must receive the resurrection to a newness of life during our time in this physical world. Not by good deeds or adherance to the comandments, but instead by faith, hope, and love. It is from these that we have assurance of our safety. For if a man says he loves the Father but hates his brother, he is a liar. If a man says he has faith in God but still puts his faith in the systems created by man he is a liar. If a man says he has hope in salvation but all the while places hope in good deeds he is a liar. Since love is the greatest of the three, if we live by love we will not transgress the law nor will we need it. Love covers over a multitude if sins. Christ reminded us of Gods law. The law and commandments were until John, now is the time of grace and truth. You will be forgiven by the same measure with which you forgive. You will be judged in the same way you judge. You will receive love the way you give it. You will enter into the Kingdom there if you have lived in that Kingdom here. That Kingdom is in your heart but only known if sought out with love. That Kingdom is in you heart but only if seen by faith. That Kingdom is in your heart but only if born by hope. The way of our Father and the way of the Son is faith, hope, and love. If this is known by you you will be known by him. If not then he will say depart from me for i knew you not. For the righteous in Christ there will be no need for words. For the unrighteous there shall be no excuse.

If, when dead, you stand before your creator and he asks "why should i allow you into my kingdom?" what would you say?
Get behind me satan.
My creator will never ask such a question and so the questioner is obviously a malicious imposter seeking to pull some subterfuge.

Jarrett,

You mentioned "If a man says he has faith in God but still puts his faith in the systems created by man he is a liar." That is why when the church began it truly was Catholic or Universal in its approach to the doctrines of men. That's where the idea of Catholic comes from, I think. I'm not a Catholic; but I'm just pointing out that sometimes things are not what they sound like or seem. When you read a Bible passage or think of the way scripture works etc, you have to make allowances both for your own tendency to scramble the info and also that of whomever is communicating it to you. Ok, well the Bible is aware that you have that problem, and it pretty much teaches not to take your own opinion too seriously for that reason.

I repeat you mentioned "If a man says he has faith in God but still puts his faith in the systems created by man he is a liar." If you think about it, this means you and I cannot really rely upon each other's input at all without making some exceptions to the above rule. We can make these exceptions, but we also must not deny that our communication is impure. It like using Algebra, because you have to leave variables in that show you have limited information. In your conversation, these should always be visible; and one of the biggest emphases you'll read in the NT is to avoid boasting. That means you can't just go around saying 'Hey, I know exactly this and exactly that, and the Bible says do THIS or THAT.' Actually, you are not able to truthfully say those things. I'm not saying the Pope does, either or that you ought to listen to some system or other, but you shouldn't become one either.

That is why it is said 'We see as through a glass darkly' (ICor13:12). That is why Jeremiah predicted "31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me," James 3:8 says "But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." Also, Eccl 5:6 6 "Let not your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake; why should God be angry at your voice, and destroy the work of your hands?"

Jarrett,

You mentioned "If a man says he has faith in God but still puts his faith in the systems created by man he is a liar." That is why when the church began it truly was Catholic or Universal in its approach to the doctrines of men.

That is a gross misrepresentation of the use of "Catholic" in that context. "Universal" did and does not mean "any old individual thing is just hunky-dory". It refers to doctrines held by all--another translation of the Greek word is "according to the whole", as opposed to "according to a part".

That is a gross misrepresentation of the use of "Catholic" in that context. "Universal" did and does not mean "any old individual thing is just hunky-dory". It refers to doctrines held by all--another translation of the Greek word is "according to the whole", as opposed to "according to a part".
Thank you for the warning about that. So the term 'Catholic' appears to have been used to describe the consensus of believers starting around 2nd century CE, and so I am mistaken about the usage of the term.

Having straightened that out, I still think that from the start differences in opinion about beliefs were not questions of fellowship. For example, if teacher baptizer Paul said this and teacher baptizer Apollos said that; then it was simply two people who disagreed, since no one was to be a follower of either.

I did what you wanted me to do, everything that little book said. Now you're supposed to reward me.:)

Back