The sad reality

Not so (as declared by a dyed in the wool Roman Catholic). Just because the Vatican claims it so, does not make it so (hence their frustration at today's catholics)...

What is the Vatican if the world's Catholics don't even accept their authority?:eek: Have they become as irrelevant as Queen Elizabeth and Prince William?

What is the Vatican if the world's Catholics don't even accept their authority?:eek: Have they become as irrelevant as Queen Elizabeth and Prince William?
What is the President of the United States, or a Governor of a State, or a Congress or Senate, if the Citizens "recall" them home, for "cause", as is lawful in the Constitution of the United States?

If the Vatican has no one to lord over, then it becomes as listless to the faithful as the Roman Senate writing laws in Gold gilt in order to impress the citizenry...

Slow death...

What is the President of the United States, or a Governor of a State, or a Congress or Senate, if the Citizens "recall" them home, for "cause", as is lawful in the Constitution of the United States?

If the Vatican has no one to lord over, then it becomes as listless to the faithful as the Roman Senate writing laws in Gold gilt in order to impress the citizenry...

Slow death...

I wonder why they don't just abolish the office of Pope.......

but anyway, me and pghguy were wondering what you meant by stealing from God.

....... wasn't me ........ Ask Q ....... I'd like to ask him the same question.
hmmmm, stealing from God. Like when we trounce someone and claim victory. Like when we state God is on our side, when in reality we should be on God's side. Like when we hurt someone, and think nothing of it, or worse...think we are justified for hurting them. Like when we go past defending ourselves to offending another. Like when we take credit for where credit is not due us.

Like when we consider God a Co-Pilot, in our lives, when in reality He is the PILOT.

Like when God forgives us and allows no discipline against us, but we in turn harbor against another, and punish them...

That sort of thing...we steal from God every day...

The Vatican is a dual natured entity. It is the representitive of God towards man, and a temperature stick of man to God. However, every "welder" worth his salt will tell you that sometimes temper sticks can be off, but the weld must be just right, so the welder will take matters into his own hands, and get rid of the temper stick.

The Vatican is not the people, and it's first mistake would be to think it knows better than the people, it represents...

God...is no respector of persons, or entities therein.

Nope, i only wish. And, it seems what i believe in is constantly evolving.
From what you first wrote to this, it seems to me it may be devolving, (devilution?)

pgh, you are the image of G!d, you are a spiritual being in the highest order...look within for your answers and your connection to all that is...don't allow others to take away what you know to be true.

Back