Christian propaganda calling Allah Moon God a lie.

and that would be your opinion. Which is fine that that is your belief. But thinking that everyone should believe as you is as ludicrous as you believing as someone else.

i have no interest in persuading anyone to my point of view, that would only serve to glorify myself.

I actually believe the same as you have stated. However I believe our definitions as to what is the Christ is completely different.

He said I and the father are one. He said he does nothing but what the father does through him. He said the only way to the father is through him, and he said that everything he had done we will do and more.

Christ is a concept, a connection, and understanding oneness with G!d, that EVERYONE has a spark of divinity within, that EVERYONE whatever name they call G!d has access, that is when you honor the Christ within you.

As whatever so you think, say or do to another you do unto him...

I disagree only those who accept Jesus and are born again are able to meet God face to face.

But didnt Jesus die on the cross for ALL of us.......... christians, hindus, jews, bahai, muslims......... etc.......... everyone...............thts what i reckon, anyway. And maybe when we get to the gates of heaven, we might be surprised by who greets us, or perhaps we wont, perhaps He/She will take the form to us, of whatever we hold most dear?????? Just a thought!

Love the Grey

whatever, paradigms are irrelevant all that matters is intimacy with God, this only happens through Christ.

That is the apex of arrogance. The idea of love of the Christian God(s) is double-speak. How can any sane person really love a God who is setting up schemes to send him/her to eternal hell for some minor error in belief?

Christians often refer to "God Fearing" as the ultimate Christian virtue. Christian God(s) is vindictive, angry, periodically kills off millions of people (the mythical flood) and the highly irrational story of God having his son, who is also him, tortured, crucified, and passively resurrected by God for what bloody purpose.

The truth is that Christians fear God not love. They fear any failure in belief such as forgetting to dot an i or cross a T. Such failure can send them to Hell to burn for eternity. I postulate that all believing Christians fear God.

Like people in cruel empires ruled by Khans or Emperors who randomly kill people, a person on the street will in fear say, "I love the Khan," or "I love God."

Christian Love of God is double-speak for intense spine tingling fear.

A sane person who believes in a powerful capricious, vindictive God who demands exactly correct belief, periodically commits genocide (world, Sodom, Gomorrah, Egypt) cannot possibly love such a monstrous god. Either they are lying or they are doing some kind of mental defence mechanism of fearfully claiming to love the cruel emperor of the universe.

Amergin

It is believed that the crescent moon symbol was adopted on Muslim banners (at some early point, but later than Muhammad) because they adhered to the lunar calendar

Hi Bob. I posted a video on another thread today about this but can't find it now. It is known that the crescent moon as an Islamic symbol was taken from the Turks, after their conquest and the earliest example that can be found is about 1460 (if I remember correctly) so considerably later than Prophet Mohamed (pbuh).

what makes you think its wrong and made up ?

The 20 million Arab Christians who call God Allah, the 20 million Arab Christians who own bibles written in Arabic (going back before Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) was born) all calling God Allah on every page ... the Arab speaking Jews who call God Allah and have done since before either Islam or Christianity.

Here is a Jew, in Israel, explaining that they call God Allah, among other names

YouTube - A Jew explains why Allah is the one and only God

Interesting to note he explains if there is no synagogue he can pray in a mosque but cannot pray in a church.

It's a language thing ... I call them lentils and Arabs call them ads ... are you suggesting we are speaking of different pulses?

The Arab word for The Supreme Being is and has always been Allah ... no discussion, no opinion, just fact .... I know you don't like it but that's just the way it is ;)

That is the apex of arrogance. The idea of love of the Christian God(s) is double-speak. How can any sane person really love a God who is setting up schemes to send him/her to eternal hell for some minor error in belief?

Christians often refer to "God Fearing" as the ultimate Christian virtue. Christian God(s) is vindictive, angry, periodically kills off millions of people (the mythical flood) and the highly irrational story of God having his son, who is also him, tortured, crucified, and passively resurrected by God for what bloody purpose.

The truth is that Christians fear God not love. They fear any failure in belief such as forgetting to dot an i or cross a T. Such failure can send them to Hell to burn for eternity. I postulate that all believing Christians fear God.

Like people in cruel empires ruled by Khans or Emperors who randomly kill people, a person on the street will in fear say, "I love the Khan," or "I love God."

Christian Love of God is double-speak for intense spine tingling fear.

A sane person who believes in a powerful capricious, vindictive God who demands exactly correct belief, periodically commits genocide (world, Sodom, Gomorrah, Egypt) cannot possibly love such a monstrous god. Either they are lying or they are doing some kind of mental defence mechanism of fearfully claiming to love the cruel emperor of the universe.

Amergin
We send ourselves to hell Amerigan...God doesn't. We are our own worst critics, God is not.

You got it backwards.

i have no interest in persuading anyone to my point of view, that would only serve to glorify myself.

Excellent. I agree with you. I do not believe in any gods. I believe Jesus was a great man but not a god. I do not feel it necessary to convert Theists to my view. I only wish to fight for equal rights of Atheists, Agnostics, Deists, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Bahai's, Earth Centred Pagans, and other various Pagans. My main worry is that America is tending toward a Christian Theocracy and I oppose all Theocracies and Exclusive Atheistic nations like the old USSR. We need freedom of thought and freedom of speech with no penalties if our views are found offensive to members of a particular religion.

I disagree only those who accept Jesus and are born again are able to meet God face to face.

I disagree with that rather arrogant view. Having studied many books on Jesus, I am convinced that Jesus would reject that apotheostic view. As a Jew, Jesus would consider deifying him to be blasphemy. That is my opinion. You are welcome to your view. I am not worried that only those who accept Jesus and "born again" are able to meet God. There is no evidence that we even have an afterlife, no evidence that there is a God, no evidence that Jesus was a god, Jesus never said he was god, and no evidence that accepting a human being as a new god brings some kind of salvation. You are free to believe that. It matters not to me if you worship a human-god, a monotheistic god (Judaism, Islam), a trinitarian god, twenty gods, the Earth Mother Goddess, or the Sun God.

I would support your right to believe what you believe. I only hope that you are not a Christian Reconstructionist, Dominionist, or Theonomist who wishes to create a Theocratic government resembling the Islamic Taliban. I have many American friends and I hope they can maintain their freedom and even expand the rights of minority religious believers and non-believers.

America was founded by Freemasons and Deists. They were nominally Christian but only 50% of post-Revolution Americans were traditional Christians. Now that Christians are about 90%, and many speak of a "Christian Nation" despite the Secular Constitution, I worry that American freedom may be under attack.

The greatest American President was Thomas Jefferson. He wrote the Declaration of Independence. He helped Madison write the Constitution assisting James Madison with his philosophy of Deism. Jefferson believed in a Creator God but rejected the divinity of Jesus ben Yusef. He believed Christianity betrayed Jesus by ignoring his teachings after making him into a Roman Idol.

Jesus was a good man. He would not condemn people over some technicality in the wording of their belief. What does accepting Jesus mean? I accept most of Jesus' teachings such as the Sermon on the Mount.

Amergin

Hi Bob. I posted a video on another thread today about this but can't find it now. It is known that the crescent moon as an Islamic symbol was taken from the Turks, after their conquest and the earliest example that can be found is about 1460 (if I remember correctly) so considerably later than Prophet Mohamed (pbuh).

The 20 million Arab Christians who call God Allah, the 20 million Arab Christians who own bibles written in Arabic (going back before Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) was born) all calling God Allah on every page ... the Arab speaking Jews who call God Allah and have done since before either Islam or Christianity.

Here is a Jew, in Israel, explaining that they call God Allah, among other names

YouTube - A Jew explains why Allah is the one and only God

Interesting to note he explains if there is no synagogue he can pray in a mosque but cannot pray in a church.

It's a language thing ... I call them lentils and Arabs call them ads ... are you suggesting we are speaking of different pulses?

The Arab word for The Supreme Being is and has always been Allah ... no discussion, no opinion, just fact .... I know you don't like it but that's just the way it is ;)

I'll just post the links save repeating myself.

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/christian-propaganda-calling-allah-moon-13521.html#post237478

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/christian-propaganda-calling-allah-moon-13521.html#post237484

Thank you NTC ... good thing I didn't want to be a librarian, I get lost in forums lol.

lol they are closing them all in the UK anyway :mad:

I know it's shocking. Strange that I haven't met anyone who wants libraries closed and yet we are a democratic country. I know it comes down to the public using them or losing them but without libraries it's just another nail in the community coffin, along with post offices.

Muslims believe Allah (God) SWT to be The One and Only God of everything. This is what Holy Qur'an states:

It is [God] who made the sun a radiance, and the moon a light, and determined it by stations, that you might know the number of the years and the reckoning.
(- 10:05 -)
Noble Quran

[God] subjected to you the night and day, and the sun and moon.
(- 16:12 -)
Noble Quran

Allah is in full control of the moon as well as the sun:
[God] subjected the sun and the moon, each one running to a term stated. He directs the affair; He distinguishes the signs; haply you will have faith in the encounter with your Lord.
(- 13:02 -)
Noble Quran

If thou askest them, "Who created the heavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon?" they will say, "God." How then are they perverted?
(- 29:61 -)
Noble Quran

As a result of this, the moon worships Allah:
Hast thou not seen how to God bow all who are in the heavens and all who are in the earth, the sun and the moon, the stars and the mountains, the trees and the beasts, and many of mankind?
(- 22:18 -)
Noble Quran

Muslims believe Allah (God) SWT to be The One and Only God of everything. This is what Holy Qur'an states:

It is [God] who made the sun a radiance, and the moon a light, and determined it by stations, that you might know the number of the years and the reckoning.
(- 10:05 -)
Noble Quran

[God] subjected to you the night and day, and the sun and moon.
(- 16:12 -)
Noble Quran

Allah is in full control of the moon as well as the sun:
[God] subjected the sun and the moon, each one running to a term stated. He directs the affair; He distinguishes the signs; haply you will have faith in the encounter with your Lord.
(- 13:02 -)
Noble Quran

If thou askest them, "Who created the heavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon?" they will say, "God." How then are they perverted?
(- 29:61 -)
Noble Quran

As a result of this, the moon worships Allah:
Hast thou not seen how to God bow all who are in the heavens and all who are in the earth, the sun and the moon, the stars and the mountains, the trees and the beasts, and many of mankind?
(- 22:18 -)
Noble Quran
And the Bible states that "If they keep quiet, the very rocks will cry out." (Luke: 19:40)

The moon is a "Big ROCK"...so is the EARTH...and I dare say, there could be arguement for the Earth crying out to God...right now...

And the Bible states that "If they keep quiet, the very rocks will cry out." (Luke: 19:40)

The moon is a "Big ROCK"...so is the EARTH...and I dare say, there could be arguement for the Earth crying out to God...right now...

For me, God or Dio or Deus or Allah, is not a conscious being yet IT created the universe. God/Allah is a name humans give to the natural forces that resulted in the Big Bang, matter and energy, and the laws of nature (i.e. the properties of matter and energy.)

Thus the Creative Natural Forces did make the Sun, Moon, Earth, the other planets of our solar system, the Milky Way Galaxy, and the million million other galaxies each with billions of stars and at least 56 planets discovered so far on other stars.

They all move in a way required by the Natural Laws of Physics that are the product of the creative forces of the Big Bang.

I am not sure what you mean by "cry out". The rocks do cry out as the rocky crustal tectonic plates move, subduct, buckle, create magma and roaring volcanoes, and shake the land with enormous Earthquakes. I guess this could be called "crying out." All natural phenomena are crying out to the natural properties and physical laws of the primary forces of creation. I feel no need to speculate a mere human (animal) personality to the Creator.

Amergin

For me, God or Dio or Deus or Allah, is not a conscious being yet IT created the universe. God/Allah is a name humans give to the natural forces that resulted in the Big Bang, matter and energy, and the laws of nature (i.e. the properties of matter and energy.)

Thus the Creative Natural Forces did make the Sun, Moon, Earth, the other planets of our solar system, the Milky Way Galaxy, and the million million other galaxies each with billions of stars and at least 56 planets discovered so far on other stars.

They all move in a way required by the Natural Laws of Physics that are the product of the creative forces of the Big Bang.

I am not sure what you mean by "cry out". The rocks do cry out as the rocky crustal tectonic plates move, subduct, buckle, create magma and roaring volcanoes, and shake the land with enormous Earthquakes. I guess this could be called "crying out." All natural phenomena are crying out to the natural properties and physical laws of the primary forces of creation. I feel no need to speculate a mere human (animal) personality to the Creator.

Amergin
I did not write the bible, nor any scripture. But the earth does seem to be "trembling" more than less as of late...makes one wonder...could be nothing but a "change of seasons" (earth wise). Could also be birth pangs ... who knows? Who cares? validate relationships...that is all that matters.

I did not write the bible, nor any scripture. But the earth does seem to be "trembling" more than less as of late...makes one wonder...could be nothing but a "change of seasons" (earth wise). Could also be birth pangs ... who knows? Who cares? validate relationships...that is all that matters.
Its the signs, its the signs... you been talking to mee?

Don't yoiu really think it is time to sharpen that two thousand year old saw?
Why? It's a Ronco Star 6 seraded edge...never needs sharpening...

Just got to keep it clean...;)

Back