The truth about Trinity

It is vital that we try and understand how God the Father and God the Son are "One". There is only one Jesus Christ, yet there are thousands of Christian denominations. John 17 seems invisible when people mention the Trinity, because Jesus pray that we should be "One".

Jesus Prays for All Believers
John 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The same God hears all our prayers, despite our differences. You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

Jesus said, "Where there are three, they are without god, and where there is but a single one I say that I am with him."' (Gospel of Thomas #30)
Where did you get this translation from?

All translations I know don't put "without".

I have absolutely no knowledge of Coptic, but my suggestion of the original, based on all five translations I know, is
"Where there are three elohim, they are in Elohim. Where there are two or one, I Am with those.
It is a play of words with elohim, used exclusively for "people of God", i.e. true followers/servants/bearers of God in the Mishnah, and Elohim used for God in the Torah.

Back