Prayer, Magick, Spells etc, whats the difference ?

as an ex charismatic part of theology and also my experience is that sometimes the Holy Spirit guides us in what to pray and its these sorts of prayers that are most powerful and successfully.

This doesn't make sense to me. If the Holy Spirit is part of God (the trinity), why would it guide us as we pray to God?

Actually, I have never understood why pray to God at all? If God is omniscient, He/it would already know everything we are about to say, would He not?

My thought is that, if you THOUGHT the Holy Spirit was involved, that probably did affect the power of those prayers; but the power was from your mind, not the Holy Spirit.

This doesn't make sense to me. If the Holy Spirit is part of God (the trinity), why would it guide us as we pray to God?

Actually, I have never understood why pray to God at all? If God is omniscient, He/it would already know everything we are about to say, would He not?

My thought is that, if you THOUGHT the Holy Spirit was involved, that probably did affect the power of those prayers; but the power was from your mind, not the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said something like, "I only do what I see my father doing in heaven".

so to see the Kingdom of God manifest on earth God gives us prayers we pray them and they become manifest, thats the idea anyway. Why would God want to include us in this, I have no idea really.

As to where the power comes from really I dont know, from God from the power of belief although if you are praying prayers that come from God or at least not from your concious mind where does the power comes from ?

who knows really.

Back